The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Still way behind, but I'm sure enjoying what I see here. Terrific work everyone.

Ashwin: Great shots at the volleyball game!

f1,0: Wow. Just amazing work. I hate to single out any of them. I really love the shot on the beach. Wonderful light!

Steve G: Fun set. Great day in NYC. Love the Delorean.

Steve M: Loving your street work, bro. That "Going my Way" in particular.

Robert: Love the shots of your daughters in the orchard. Fun car shots too.

Warren: Very cool set of your GF. Great idea. Cute GF too! ;)

mjm6: Wow. Just wow. Amazing work... color and b/w. LOVE that warm monochrome processing.

shtarka1

Some amazing images here... let me offer my humble contribution.

Here's one from a recent trip. The colors are unadjusted, straight from the camera.

M9, 50mm summilux, three vertical images stitched. ISO 640.

A couple more...

The more I use the M9, the more I really like how B&W comes out of the camera. These are processed with Nik SFX2.

MJ, Strikingly Colorful, Killer Image!!! B&W Set Is Also Excellent!:thumbs:

Lloyd

Very nice "tries" Ed. I think you have it pretty much dialed.

Steve! Champions indeed, Cuz. Awesome. Love that last one with the 21 Lux in particular.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Shot at the Suncost Seabird Sanctuary in St Petersburg, Florida. M9 and Tele-Elmar 135/4 at f/5.6. I was struck by how well this lens mellows out even the ugliest, busiest background.

Lots of night herons hanging around the hospital area...

I rode along with one of the rescue volunteers for a couple of days. Here were picked up a Great Blue Heron with its beak wrapped in fishline. Turns out its tongue was hooked or badly tangled, so we couldn't fix it ourselves and brought it in.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Pretty damn quiet down here this time of year... Here's the pool area at our hotel shortly after sunset. M9 + WATE @ 18mm.

Last edited:

edtan

Shot at the Suncost Seabird Sanctuary in St Petersburg, Florida. M9 and Tele-Elmar 135/4 at f/5.6. I was struck by how well this lens mellows out even the ugliest, busiest background.

I rode along with one of the rescue volunteers for a couple of days. Here were picked up a Great Blue Heron with its beak wrapped in fishline. Turns out its tongue was hooked or badly tangled, so we couldn't fix it ourselves and brought it in.
Jan, nice to see the M9 being used for wildlife. Great shots!

Steve, many thanks.

Lloyd, many thanks.
Apologies everyone for sounding haughty/sarcastic in the original post.
These 2 shots culled from 155 frames.:D

ashwinrao1

Hi all, apologies for the absense. I have been away from photography, but today, a little present came in the mail...My digital CL!!!Oh, whoopsl, I mean the Ricoh GXR M mount...fantastic tool for this system!!!! All the system needs is a high res EVF, and I am sure Ricoh will cook something like that up to keep up with sony. The lack of AA filter works well. Images have a fine grain at ISO's of 800 and above, but it works very well. Images taken mainly with the sonnar...Love the focus assist...nothing too artsy here, but figured I'd share my first captures!

sjg284

Steve, Lloyd - thanks!

Wozz - great set... particularly this one
mjm - great colors, great stitching
steve - nice pp

M9, 21Lux:)
Ash - How's the GXR working out for you? What lenses have you tried it with?
I am on an M8.. and for some reason keep thinking of it as a possible backup.
I had an RD1 back in the day.. so it sort of feels like going full circle on 1.5->1.3->1.5 crop factor..

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks edtan. Kinda wish I had my a850 with a 70-400G right now though; lots of great opportunities. Here's an Ibis, also with the Tele-Elmar 135/4 (at f/11).

And a Snowy Egret that decided to land right in front of me! I trimmed this a little on the right side to center the bird...

The light is interesting - those were shot at about 3pm with sun straight overhead. But the light was filtered through wispy clouds, and a localized heat storm darkened the backdrop (effectively flagging it):

With a proper DSLR and 400-600 range lens some serious shooting could be done at this location (Tampa Bay side of Fort De Soto Park)...

Status
Not open for further replies.