The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayaker

. . . . . as usual, I can never keep up! Will catch up tomorrow, there are a ton of fabulous photographs posted in (what seems like) the blink of an eye!

PUBLIC ART

M9 with APO Summicron-M 75mm F2 ASPH

seakayaker

Matt the last one is awesome for 2 reasons

1: the bokeh and shallow DoF are cool
2: I like how you put the lock and chain in their too . very subliminal message about jewelry :p
Charles and Peter thanks for your kind words on my arctic water shots. and yes Matt, I was amazed at the camera/long lens motor drives that sounded like machine guns. I kept thinking .." do they know the editing work they are making for themselved"!!!!

Matt I especially like your third image down on your last series....this is one I wish I'd taken!! well seen and love the color and out of focus areas.
Eleanor

+++3!

Matt, fantastic shots with the 50/0.95!

Did you pick this up with the recent lot at Glazers or have you been keeping this in the closet?

seakayaker

Well, I'm off to buy a new dog : a Great Dane ; always had dogs through my life and now I've set my mind on Great Danes ; that said, been reading about the breed for the last weeks and today went to the Great Dane championship here in Portugal, to know some breeders and watch the dogs in real. A treat !

Here are a few pictures , M9 + Noctilux :

Hope you enjoy !
Proenca, love the Great Dane series! I first one is the one I enjoy the most, love the focus, DOF and bokeh, fantastic!

seakayaker

Just returned from an expedition to the High Arctic Svalbard..in the vicinity of 80 degrees north latitude in the Arctic Ocean...550 miles from the North Pole. Here are some M9 images with various M asph lenses, from that trip. Eleanor
Eleanor, these are fantastic!
Wow, Eleanor. Those are stunning.
Eleanor: Welcome back! These are awesome! I esp. like that your set isn't just a "travelogue". #1, #3, and #5 punctuate, complement, enhance, and complete #2 and #4. A great visual "story". BTW,each, and every one's an excellent photo. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Eleanor, Superb shots!!! Love the shape and form to all of the shot:)
Eleanor, three words: Wow, wow, wow!
++++++6!

Beautiful photographs Elenor! The first is my favorite, love the abstract look, outstanding!

seakayaker

Last edited:

seakayaker

Michael, Ryan and Frank: Thanks for the kind words:)
Frank: Very nice set! Love the last shot:)
Frank: I esp. like this one. Great composition, color, and moment.

Cheers, Matt.

Frank, Lovely street set, beautiful stories !!
++++4! Love the series Frank! My favorite is the first, love the focus, the bokeh, and the color! . . . . . also love two wheel vechicles!

ashwinrao1

Just returned from an expedition to the High Arctic Svalbard..in the vicinity of 80 degrees north latitude in the Arctic Ocean...550 miles from the North Pole. Here are some M9 images with various M asph lenses, from that trip. Eleanor

Eleanor, welcome back....these are amazing...your mastery of the patterned view is evident here...

ashwinrao1

Well, I'm off to buy a new dog : a Great Dane ; always had dogs through my life and now I've set my mind on Great Danes ; that said, been reading about the breed for the last weeks and today went to the Great Dane championship here in Portugal, to know some breeders and watch the dogs in real. A treat !

Here are a few pictures , M9 + Noctilux :

Hope you enjoy !
All perfect! Great images!

ashwinrao1

. . . . . as usual, I can never keep up! Will catch up tomorrow, there are a ton of fabulous photographs posted in (what seems like) the blink of an eye!

PUBLIC ART

M9 with APO Summicron-M 75mm F2 ASPH

Dan, this is fantastic. The patterns, focus point, and color reproduction particularly stand out for me!

ashwinrao1

Speaking of viewing Matt D's pics in person.... M9 and 21 lux asph...

As you can see, these images are getting some serious attention. Congrats to Matt! All images taken at Glazers Camera in Seattle, my fav place for all things Leica!

seakayaker

M8 18mm Super Elmar
Shiro, awesome shots! From stunning to shock value:)
Beautiful b/w, equally beautiful subject. Really like the water creature shot as well. Great stuff.
Would love to know more about the story behind this image. Who is it? Was it for a pro shoot? Super stuff :thumbs:
Until now, the absolute nr. 1 for me on this thread! Perfect framing, lovely contrasts, great tones, excellent use of light ....and what a sharpness!
Shiro: Brilliant!

Cheers, Matt

Shiro, Just STUNNING mastery work, well done, really excellent !! cheers!!
ShiroKuro - both shots on this page are absolutely amazing. My favorite of the two though is the first with the woman putting on make-up...what a look with that 50 Lux.

++++++++8!

Shiro, Fantastic photograph! The image captures my attention, love the expression on the women, the lines, the blurred reflections in the water with the clarity in fence, clouds, and palm trees, the photograph is just plain intriguing! Just Love It . . . . . .

ashwinrao1

Speaking of Glazers, I just put up my Exhibit, alongside Al Tanabe, another forum member extraordinaire. IT came out well, I think. The show's up until August 18th, with a GRAND OPENING on JULY 9th, @ 6 pm at Glazers Rentals Exhibit Hall (517 Dexter Ave, Seattle) for any of you who are local or who can make it...

Here are some tastes of the gallery...

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

And while I am at it, a couple more from a recent stroll with the rigid cron...

My sassy, photogenic friend...

As the sun sets over the sound...the ferries continue on into the dusk...

seakayaker

Speaking of viewing Matt D's pics in person.... M9 and 21 lux asph...

As you can see, these images are getting some serious attention. Congrats to Matt! All images taken at Glazers Camera in Seattle, my fav place for all things Leica!

Ashwin, nice captures of the Leica Crew!

. . . . . was the 21 lux asph part of the recent used inventory availability at the store?

I do look forward to seeing the exhibit in July of both Al's and your work at Glazers! I would have loved to been at the Grand Opening but I will be out of town visiting my new Grand Daughter.

. . . . . btw, if there is a prize for the fastest GetDPI forum thread poster, then you would have it, by time I get one post ready, you already have many! WOW!

Also, thanks for you kind words, by the way, they are always appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.