The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

shtarka1

steve,

love the scream series!

would be fun to camp out for a day next to it and just shoot reactions (or borrow it, place it just around a corner of a building, and shoot reactions as they turn the corner :)
Jim, we're on the same page with this!:D Thanks!

SYGTAFOTO

One of my friends said that 10MP and rangefinders in general werent good enough for tight crops and or macros:

My mission, go to Thanksgiving dinner and do some heavy cropping and close ups :)

this is about 50% of the original image

this is 1/3 of the original image ( dont tell my mother I was leaning back on the chair to get to minimu focus distance!)
I like your examples.
I don't know what your friend means by "good enough" but if the end goal is to make prints, it depends on the print size. If going above say 10x12, the quality would become more apparent.
When I used M8.2, I used to crop upto around 50% if printing 5x7. Anything larger, I usually didn't crop.

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Scott, fantastic series above. The furthest left is amazing...

Mike, More magic with these deer from you...plus, quite a nice sunset...

Steve, the "Scream" series screams ;)! You are making the APO-Telyt sing in your classic style

Sorry for the absense....I am only now going back to see what people have been up to. Hope everyone's well....a few pics on mine from today to share...

Ed, lovely captures..esp the young lady ;)

Robert, fantastic bokeh in the chime images above and the wine glass cap

Jim, wonderful cap from Burning Man's temple!!!

ashwinrao1

I know, GXR images, but taken with M mount lenses

I maintain that the Ricoh GXR is no slouch, despite is 1 MP EVF and crapola buffer for single shot capture....Truth be told, I adore the images coming from this lens/sensor combo. All shots here with either the 135 APO-Telyt (eff 200 mm) and the Zeiss Sonnar 50 mm f/1.5 (eff 75 mm)

UW's starting QB - Keith Price (outstanding QB, by the way)
1)

2)

3)

UW's backup QB: Nick Montana (Joe's son)
1)

2)

Swarming Defense, lead by Cort Dennison:
1)

2)

The Running Game, lead by Chris Polk
1)

2)

Colorado's kicker...
10)

Cant forget about the refs
1)

2)

A bit blurry, but the cheer gals were up up and away...

Band was out too:

Sorry about the cross polination with the other thread....but wanted to share in case some of you don't head there

Lloyd

I know, GXR images, but taken with M mount lenses

I maintain that the Ricoh GXR is no slouch, despite is 1 MP EVF and crapola buffer for single shot capture....Truth be told, I adore the images coming from this lens/sensor combo. All shots here with either the 135 APO-Telyt (eff 200 mm) and the Zeiss Sonnar 50 mm f/1.5 (eff 75 mm)

Sorry about the cross polination with the other thread....but wanted to share in case some of you don't head there
Stunning set, Ashwin. :bugeyes:

W

Wozza604

Looks like the GXR works pretty well... still undecided if I should go for it or the NEX-7 when it's released.

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Lloyd!

Wozza, it's a tough choice. I LOVE the lack of the AA filter on the GXR, and it's very well built. However, the NEX 7's EVF wll be superior, and 24 MP will be nice...though the AA filter will much things up a bit.... in terms of microcontrast.

I'll probably snag a NEX 7 to play alongsie the GXR....

W

Wozza604

Thanks, Lloyd!

Wozza, it's a tough choice. I LOVE the lack of the AA filter on the GXR, and it's very well built. However, the NEX 7's EVF wll be superior, and 24 MP will be nice...though the AA filter will much things up a bit.... in terms of microcontrast.

I'll probably snag a NEX 7 to play alongsie the GXR....
It's a bit of a toss-up, isn't it? They both have their pros and cons... Maybe I should just order both from a company with a good return police and tell them why, see if they'll let me try both for a week or something. I do know that my Leica and Zeiss glass seem to a lose something when I use them on my NEX-5... I don't think it's just the anti-alias filter either, as I always feel like M9 images have more of a slide film look to them. Maybe it's just my imagination :)

shtarka1

this golf hole just keeps going and going. If I showed it already, sorry, Leica M9, 35mm summicron: Very difficult hole.

Good Lord Brotha...It's Nice To See You! I Was Just At Your Blog To See If You Were Still Shooting & OK! Hope All Is Well & Nice Image! Welcome Back!:)

W

wj.imhere

thank you you guys for the inspirations
i got lots of ideas from here

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.