The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjg284

Welcome to the club, and great shooting! :)

I find myself asking the same question sometimes, re: high iso!
Especially if post processing to B&W..
Coming from a film background, it beats my old HP5+ push to 800, Delta 3200 @1600/3200, or Neopan 1600 results!

After 2 years of ownership, I find myself experimenting more with higher ISO, and auto ISO mode..!

Man, looking at this thread makes me want to go out there... shoot... improve my skills.

It also makes me want to drop a lot of money on an M9 and a 35 lux!

I just got an M8 yesterday... I'm very happy with it :]

Nothing special to post... but here are the first shots I took with the M8!

These were taken with a Voigtlander 35/2.5 Color Skopar PII (not ready to play in the big leagues yet) at either 640 or 1250 ISO. I'm not seeing why some people complain about the M8's high ISO capabilities!

CharlesK

Wishing everyone a great New Year!!!

Woody, amazing landscape with the lone cloud hovering:thumbup:
Rob, very nice series from Bangkok!
Ashwin, love those low light shots! I am very envious of the 50 Noct :D Happy Year to you too:)
Patrick, welcome! Love that last portrait shot:thumbup:
Robert, excellent evening capture of the moon.
Steve, great set of shots :thumbup: Love shot #1, the look and expression with great lighting!! Happy New Year too:)
Joe, beautiful shot from Maui! Happy New Year!

Shots from other evening attempting to dodge storm showers with the M9-P and 24 Lux:) We all ended up very wet!

Last edited:

PatrickCheung

Oh man, thanks for the compliments! I hope I'll be posting more soon!

I've seen so many beautiful shots in this thread... it's just very inspiring.

shtarka1

Charles, Thank You & Brilliant Set!

Joe, You Sure Know How To Do It Right!;- ) Awesome! Aloha!

Ed, Spectacular Color, Comps & IQ! Look At The Form & Technique On Ash! ;- )

dude163

Hi all, i took some pics this summer at my works BBQ and a friend wanted a shot of his daughter that I took .

I was going to print it out and give him it for a gift but I lost the files until ........about an hour ago :) which photo looks better do you think?

Taken with my M8 and elmarit 135/2.8 ( I love that impractical hunk o glass!)

CharlesK

Steve, thank you my friend! Amazing portrait:thumbup:
Ed, love those last two shots from the Seattle centre. Great set from your evening celebrations! Very nice form of Ash in action :D
Robert, beautiful B&W portrait of your friend's daughter!

Status
Not open for further replies.