The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiiNelson

A couple from a couple weeks ago with the M9. I was playing quite a bit more with the NEX-5 on this particular day.

ZM 50 Planar

35 Summicron ASPH

Lloyd

A couple from a couple weeks ago with the M9. I was playing quite a bit more with the NEX-5 on this particular day.
These are both nice... the quiet and candid nature of the first, coupled with the soft b/w processing works really well. The second, I especially like. (Beautiful smile, btw.) :thumbup:

iiiNelson

Thanks Lloyd. It was actually my first time using my 35 Summicron surprisingly enough. I really like how the color pops. I really didn't do much except crop the subject of photo and it really doesn't have much artistic value to it because the wind was picking up off the Atlantic and it was starting to get pretty chilly.

I just used one of my Aperture 3 presets for the first. It adds some softness and vignette to otherwise sharp lenses.

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd. It was actually my first time using my 35 Summicron surprisingly enough. I really like how the color pops. I really didn't do much except crop the subject of photo and it really doesn't have much artistic value to it because the wind was picking up off the Atlantic and it was starting to get pretty chilly.

I just used one of my Aperture 3 presets for the first. It adds some softness and vignette to otherwise sharp lenses.
The 35 Cron ASPH is a real favorite of mine. I've had a number of 35mm M-mount lenses, and it's my favorite after the new 35 Lux FLE (which I don't own, but have shot). I love the color rendition and contrast of the Cron ASPH, and the bokeh when shot wide open, especially when shooting subjects at or near minimum focal distance. I like the bokeh even better than the famed "Bokeh King" 35 Cron version IV, which I owned for some time as well. It's also my favorite for landscape subjects when shooting stopped down. I've done a number of multi-shot panos with that lens, and the performance has always been there.

Look forward to seeing more from you with that lens.

iiiNelson

Yeah I like it too and I've been in more of a 35mm than 50mm mindset lately since I purchased the 35 Cron and 35/1.2 Nokton II (easily the best Voigtlander made IMO.) I really don't want for more (except a 75 Cron... or 75 Lux if they make a new version.) As for the Bokeh King I passed on it 3 times in favor of the ASPH modern rendering, extreme sharpness, and great all around nature wide open or stopped down. I'm still debating what to take with me to Dominican Republic in 3 weeks between the A77 or the M9. One is small and the other is more versatile (and weather resistant) from 24-450mm effective focal range with 2 lenses.

PatrickCheung

I've been away for a while now... :O Just caught up with the last few pages... very nice photos from everyone :)

I really like your travel photos, m_driscol... I'm heading back to Hong Kong soon... and I'm wondering if I'll be able to capture moments as well as you have.

and again, mohammed, your photos always amaze me, keep up the good work!

Got my Canon 35/2 back from Gerry Smith at Kindermann... he called the lens a piece of crap, but I beg to differ! He also said he never wants to see it again, and I really hope he wont have to! Either way, he did the repair for free (it was a simple loose part problem).

Here's a photo from my crappy Canon 35/2

I've also been asked by a friend to take his camera, a Sony NEX5, for a few weeks and fill it with photos. Here are a few I've taken so far. It was my friend Zak's and Hillary's roomate Christine's birthday on the 22nd... a few photos from there. And a few from the time I spent with Hillary in the past few days. I've been experimenting with a flash and a slow shutter recently... Oh and I also let my friend and Hillary cut my hair.

PatrickCheung

yeah, good job on the panning! I've never been able to successfully take a photo whilst panning. My few of my friends attempted panning a few years back by having us sprint while she shot. Being athletically challenged, the photo of me "sprinting" lacked any sense of blur whatsoever, my other friends had a little more luck :)

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
One of these days, I'll be able to take a picture without a strong line across the bottom quarter. But until that day comes:

M9 28 Cron

Best,

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.