The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Great set, Charles. Impressive separation and bokeh in the first two. Fun shot there for the third.

Lloyd

Actually, Robert, it's a long hike from New Brunswick to Seattle. Better just let us here in the neighborhood deal with it! ;)

shtarka1

Speaking of what I have been up to, here's some X-Pro1 love (justified in posting this here, as I have an adapter and some of the shots here are with M glass...

So Many Superb Images Ash But I Must Go With This One! You Could Light Up A Stadium With That Smile!

shtarka1

Last week, I received last my 50 Nocti f 1.0 IV, specifically for portraits, weight and ergonomics is slightly smaller and lighter, than the 0.95. To my surprise the lens was in perfect calibration for a 16 year old lens:D

Some shots this weekend with the 50 Nocti f 1.0 IV:)

Big Congrats On The Newly Acquired Noct Charles! Great Set!

shtarka1

Since dinner in this household becomes a verbal jousting match, here's a bleach bypass version of a philosophy major (OK, double honors in math and physics with philosophy as a third major) conceding a point:

and the unspoken winner of all debates (since she has the sense to keep her mouth shut):

Both with M9 and Summilux 75.

Chris
Chris, The 75 Lux Is So Noct Like! Really Nice!

dude163

Actually, Robert, it's a long hike from New Brunswick to Seattle. Better just let us here in the neighborhood deal with it! ;)

It is indeed :( Im sure he has some vintage glass he uses as a door stop or somesuch, id be happy with that. ;)

hillary.hc.chang

there's always so many great photos posted here everyday :D so hard to keep up!
steve, love the drum vibrations photo :)

I find myself wishing this last week together would never end :( but the days keep passing and my flight is getting closer. so we decided to make a munny for each other :p Patrick the Camera/Munny destroyer set to work to create a cyborg munny from Kiev parts

the day i swallowed my gum :C but despite Patrick's photo of me these two photos from that day encompass Patrick pretty well :)

we went downtown today so more photos are coming soon...

PatrickCheung

More photos soon indeed! Charles, did the couple notice you after you took the photo? Great job getting that decisive moment!

Steve, I really like the feel I get from the photos you post. Must be the high contrast BW!

PatrickCheung

Lots of photos to post... I guess I'll split it up into two. The first is a little more of the standard Hatrick stuff. :)

We went downtown today, I wanted to take her to the Toronto Islands to ride tandem bikes (those things are so cool)! Though, the weather wasn't the best, and there was no one out at the islands, so we just walked around Harbour Front instead. I also got to talk to my... I guess friend... Stan, from Downtown Camera. I believe he's a manager there, though his department is used equipment. We chatted about gear (he sold a Rolleiflex for a low price of $595... I teased him, telling him that he should've charged a little more), he asked me about school ("where's the bow-tie, architects need bow-ties"), it was nice catching up with him. We grabbed lunch at St. Lawrence Market, a cute little indoor market with a little bit of everything from everywhere around the world.

PatrickCheung

Now for post number two...

I met stranger number 5 today, here's the blurb I wrote for him on my flickr:

"Sam is a jeweler in Toronto working out of a shop in St. Lawrence Market. He came from Iraq, but he didn't say much else about himself, but was rather curious about me. He asked me what my job was, then where I went to school and what I was studying when I told him I didn't have one. He asked me to send him the photos I took of him. He didn't have an email address, but he asked his wife to give me hers. A simple man, making a living with a hobby he enjoys, happily married to a beautiful woman; very admirable!"

He was a really nice man... I wouldn't have minded listening to his life story. Though it seems like a little language barrier stood in our way.

I also saw a news report/interview being filmed... here's the blurb I wrote:

"It's kinda strange seeing reporters and interviewees talking into the camera. Such fake expression and enthusiasm directed to a camera man that doesn't care about anything other than getting a good angle. I don't think I'd ever be able to do that. I also never considered how weird it is that people on TV act like they're talking to you. "

And finally...

"I wish I knew a little more about this woman. I saw her sitting on top of a warm sewer grate. She gave me a small smile so I took her photo. When I stooped down to talk to her, she gave me a big smile, revealing her empty gums, and made a small sound, then nodded at me. I assumed that she couldn't speak... or at least didn't know english. "

I wonder if I'll be able to continue doing this after Hillary's gone. I don't have the guts to talk to strangers when I'm by myself... and Hillary unknowingly gives me confidence and motivation to do these things. I'm also almost certain that none of my other friends would want to sit there with me talking to strangers... I think I'm gonna miss her lots when she's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.