The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesK

Steve, thank you:) Very nice captures!
Guy, great shots from the birthday party! Even still at iso2500!
Ashwin, magical capture, particularly the last shot!!!
Rayyan, beautiful colours and textures! Also love your PP'ing:)

Brian S

Another test shot:

Nikkor 5cm f2, wide-open on the M9. The threads of the mount have been filed down to RF couple to 2.25ft.

Typically, RF coupling is lost at 3ft:

"filing is Fun". and yes- this is an RGB test...

Godfrey

Grasses

Leica M9 + Skopar 35mm f/2.5
ISO 400 @ f/4 @ 1/1800

Out with the M9 yesterday taking pictures again at last.
Decided to work with the little Skopar for a bit. It's a lovely piece.

comments always appreciated.

PatrickCheung

:) great work to all who posted...

Ashwin, is that your family? :O cute photos :)

Guy, the first photo of the kid with Sexy written on his chest made me laugh XD seemed like a fun party!

Gary and Brian... those are some very colourful shots... the second one (with the leaves on the branches) is my favourite, Gary

Mohammed, getting drunk and naked mid-day sounds like fun! Seemed like a pretty interesting event!

Brad, great black and whites, the one of the forest is definitely my favourite.

I haven't really been taking photos lately... partially 'cause the rain here is too heavy to safely bring a camera around, and partially because my batteries always seem to be dead.

I went to Sai Kung yesterday, a little village famous for it's seafood. It was a pretty cool place, fishermen selling freshly caught fish, stores selling giant fish (over a meter long), king crabs, and other cool sea animals! I havent uploaded the fish photos to flickr yet... but maybe I will soon!

Here are the other photos I took:

This lady was selling tickets for a ferry that took you to little islands visible from the Sai Kung harbor. There are about 10 of these booths with people selling tickets for a multitude of prices. This lady was extremely loud.... and had a cool hat.

The last photo isn't from Sai Kung, but from Sha Tin, near where my grandpa was... i guess burried? If i had shot a little to the left, you would see a white temple in between two mountains, that's where his urn lies. It's a hard shot to get because that specific view is only visible from one spot... which is smack in the middle of a bus station, where busses often stop and block the view. I also don't have a telephoto to get a detailed shot D:

mAlKhamis

Patrick ! imagine yourself sober and surrounded with 10s of thousands of drugged and drunk people, it was surely intense and adventurous. and your last set was just stunning, love your B&W work very inspiring, well done !

Godfrey

Lots of fine photos today! Too many to comment on individually, but excellent to see them all.

Trying to get back into the flow. :)

Godfrey

pophoto

Lots of fine photos today! Too many to comment on individually, but excellent to see them all.

Trying to get back into the flow. :)

Godfrey
Agree, and there I thought that the Fuji X Pro 1 threads were stealing the show, these recent postings are making a great come back, lovely indeed, makes me feel happy inside :)

PatrickCheung

XD Mohammed, that sounds like quite the fun. Sometimes it's best to be the sober one.

Hum. I figure it'd do no harm to post this here... but I'm currently on the hunt for a TLR camera, must join Hillary in her medium format adventure :) I've stocked up on 120 film... just missing the camera now. If anyone's got one that they're not using, I'll buy it off you!

Status
Not open for further replies.