The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsolti13

making up for lost time.......

28 Cron

35 Lux ASPH

50 Cron III

and whats a post without sharing some from the family ??? :)

28 Cron

new baby boy :) ....with 50 Cron III

proud big sister.... Zeiss 50 Planar

Double Negative

Not Available
Other than the 21, the only other Color Skopar I've owned is the 35. I was constantly amazed at it's performance (and it's tiny profile). I can't imagine why anyone would not want that lens.
Oh, I know! The 35 was my first - I picked it up for the ridiculously small size primarily, the good performance and besides - how can you argue with the price? I was hooked; so I put together the collection. They're solid little chunks of metal and glass (especially the 50). But what I think really does it are the ten aperture blades. I don't know how they did it, but they all generally have 6-7 elements as well. Another good point is that they all share the same filter (39mm), hood and caps. So if you're traveling... Complete no-brainer, IMO.

The 35, being my first - I shot the most with. A random sampling:

dude163

I saw a few Beemers today, a beautiful 1200RS bike at work, and an M coupe at lunch

Bike with a 50 cron :

dude163

And the M coupe ina restaurant parking lot, taken with a Canadian Elmarit 135/2.8, kind f weird taking macro style shots from 2 metres away! I had also been shooting all day with the camera WB set to Flash, so the colours may be off a bit on the car and the bike

Lloyd

Some sweet machinery there Robert. Great detail work... i especially like the first of the bike, and the second of the car.

mAlKhamis

Lloyd, love the story and the documentation, very amusing my friend !!

Ashwin, oh !! not again for the cautionary tale !! that's a big ouch !! so funny !!
and first shot of the wedding series with pride and little girl, is breath taking!!

MagicFM, lovely set, i really enjoyed it !

Robert, the flower shot is beautiful!

David E, amazing shot of the chandeliers, excellent work !!

Matt, Lovely set from DC.

Charles, Liked your portrait shot for the old guy, well done my friend !

Ryan, Liked your sets, specially the last one of the proud big sister !

m_driscoll

Lloyd

Sorry guys for the my recent absence, but i was busy with my finals, and ready for a come back so glad that Lloyd have started a new thread, cheers! to you all !

Meditation at Yosemite by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

M9 + 35mm Cron
Welcome back, Mohammad. I trust your finals went well. Very nice shots; I especially like this one. It has a timeless quality. And thank you for your comment on my shots.

Double Negative

Not Available
Thanks, Matt! I take my lunch hours on the beach/boardwalk here in Long Beach, NY. Lots of opportunities and there are some interesting folks out and about.

Here's another biker caught in the act, though I'd have preferred a different framing (via 4/135 Tele-Elmar-M and M9):

Think they'll catch their ship? (same setup)

This time with the 1,1/50 Nokton, at f/1.7 courtesy of 8x ND:

jonoslack

HI Everyone
Great shots from all - too many to mention, Charles - great stuff, Ashwin - I love your bride particularly

Lloyd - great story to start with.

Here's one I got in Aix en Provence a few weeks ago. This guy was standing behind a tree snapping people as they went past. After a moment's thought I simply walked straight up to him, waited till he saw me and snapped him!

M9, 75 'cron

Status
Not open for further replies.