The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosermage

Went on a camping trip to Lake Isabella in Kern County this long weekend... My first chance to take the 50'Lux out, but show mostly with the 35mm instead because I wanted a wider angle. I did get a few pictures that I liked, but they seems to be just plain vacation photos so I won't bore you guys with them. If you would like to see them, I posted some on my site's gallery page: Lake Isabella Camping - LeicaLux

This one, I thought was kinda funny... It looked like some in/out of focus bokeh shot, but it's just shadows of trees on our tent in the morning:

I don't use the 35mm a lot, but I'm pleasantly surprised with some of the results. Here are a few from the "Trail of 100 Giants":

CharlesK

Gary, nice set with the 90 Cron Pre!
Mohammad, great series of shots! Excellent PP'ing too:)
Godfrey, very nice capture with the skopar.
Brad, love that 3 person portrait!
Patrick, very nice set again, particularly the first 2 shots:)
Bruno, great street capture!!!
downstairs, superb still life shot.
David, really like the third shot!
Matt, love that first shot!

Shots from the Tainan streets:) With the 24 Lux and 50 Nocti.

Lloyd

Gary, nice set with the 90 Cron Pre!
Mohammad, great series of shots! Excellent PP'ing too:)
Godfrey, very nice capture with the skopar.
Brad, love that 3 person portrait!
Patrick, very nice set again, particularly the first 2 shots:)
Bruno, great street capture!!!
downstairs, superb still life shot.
David, really like the third shot!
Matt, love that first shot!

Shots from the Tainan streets:) With the 24 Lux and 50 Nocti.
Plus one to all of the above.

Another great set, Charles. Love the colors, but your portraits really shine. :thumbup:

MikalWGrass

Everyone mentions post processing so I am wondering what kinds of post processing you guys / gals do. A touch here and there, a complete reworking of the image to suit your artistic visions, or nothing at all. Thanks.

downstairs

Everyone mentions post processing so I am wondering what kinds of post processing you guys / gals do. A touch here and there, a complete reworking of the image to suit your artistic visions, or nothing at all. Thanks.
If it doesn't move and if there are extremes that are likely to burn out, I shoot 3 wide bracket shots. I blend them in Photomatix, tweak the curve in p'shop and bob's your uncle (M9+50mm Taylor&Hobson Summarit):

Last edited:

PatrickCheung

Charles! You keep killing it with those nocti shots... the first, third, and fifth are my favourite, they have the most character :)

David, the "shadow bokeh" shot is pretty interesting... I've recently discovered that I have a small fascination with shadows. And the one of that crazy tree stump thingie is so cool!

Matt, I really like the first of the set :) 21's must be fun to play with!

Downstairs, that's a pretty cool composite photo... never been one to appreciate still life (dont know how to) but there's just something I like about this one... maybe the colours... maybe the composition. Though, I don't really know well enough to pinpoint it.

Lloyd

With the digital M files, I find I don't do much. I depends, of course, on the shot, but I generally use Lightroom (now using LR4), and do a little highlight adjustment, bring the blacks up a touch, and a little curves adjustment. Good to go from there.

mAlKhamis

Patrick, i may agree with you ;)

Matt, Lloyd, Rayyan, thank you so much, so glad you liked them, cheers!

Bruno, lovely capture for the men!

downstairs, excellent shot with 90mm Elmar !

David, Nice set !

Matt, lovely couple of captures and i love your pp, cheers buddy !

CharlesK, another mastery set ! i love every shot in it, well done my friend !

Few actions with the m9 + 50 cron, guys i have to admit the 50 cron is the true whole nine yard lens ! very curious about the new APO version.

The jumps ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

The cat fight ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

The Tarzan jump ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.