The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude163

Agreed , the daughter with the "leica pose" is great!

Hillary ,great shots ,the RF is indeed the ultimate stealth camear for this sort of thing eh?

I just shot a kids party this weekend and after a few minutes the kids ignored me walking around, but everytime the father of the b-day gal grabbed his little point and shoot , everyone started posing for the camera, cracked me up . One kid even remarked

" Your camera doesnt even have a flash! its cool!"

dude163

I was perusing older car shots to locate one for a pal and found this one that I dont think I have posted here .

Godfrey

Portrait from Antelope Valley

Driving home from a wedding south of San Bernardino, I decided to head north and roll through Antelope Valley on the way back rather than deal with crossing the LA Basin again (yuck). That gave me the opportunity to visit an old friend whom I haven't seen since 2000 ...

Sticking to my guns, I didn't change the lens on the M9. The Skopar 35mm f/2.5 is versatile and very sharp. This down-rzzed JPEG has lost a little of the crispness that the original image has. It's almost too sharp!

Andrew Gough

I've been gone for a few days and the images are just great! Thank you everyone for all the kind comments on my HK images.

Ashwin, back on P119 - your Seattle shots are great! P120 - thanks for posting the hyperprime, it has a very distinctive bokeh for a 50mm!

Gary, as I posted in the other forum, love that 90mm!

Patrick, P119 the HK images are super, you have perfected shoot from the hip! P120 - Sha Tin, is that on a small island in the harbour by chance? It looks like a much more traditional HK place...

P121 - image #1 of the old man with the cane, love it! The two girls walking in opposite directions is good too.

Charles, as I commented on the other thread, super! The little old lady on P119 is that with the 24lux? Same for the set on P120 - super!

Robert, P121, bokeh rings, which lens? Cute shot of the girls!

Hoserimage, your borders look good.

Mohammed, P119 #2 of the girl kinda squatting is really nice, your 50'cron is it the current version or older? P120 - The image with the girl with her hand up is working for me greats shots!

Steve, P120 I like #1 B&W

Brad, nice 35mm Zm images, thanks for posting them!

Bruno, P120 - love the brick lane shot, it really has a timelessness (sp?) to it.

Downstairs, P120 - the white vase shot, beautiful! P121, eggs, again beautiful!

Matt, P120 - Shot 1 of the veggie store is great! I really like how you managed to hold the highlights.

Steve, a nice set!

Matt, congratulations on the new lens!

Hillary, P120 - they are missing joy. Like #6 on this page!

Frank, P120, Prague is a beautiful city, I especially like #2 of the bridge!I also like #4 in the second set.

Mike, P120, both shots are great, but the cow shot is probably the best cow image that I have ever seen!!

Jim, I like the colours in #1, they are muted.

Gary, #3 is super!

If I missed anyone, its not intentional - there are so many great shots!

PatrickCheung

Hey all, So... I flew back to Toronto on sunday (15 hour flight... sucked), arrived Sunday home night at around 11pm... passed out almost two hours later. Spent the next day buying groceries and getting the home back in order. Then I sent my laptop in for repair yesterday. I'll be laptopless, and thus... postless for about a week, but I've been keeping up with the thread through my phone.... it's incredibly hard to type out long compliments on here, so I'll just sum it all up with an all-inclusive "great work, everybody :)".

As Rob said in a PM he sent me... "first world problems at it's finest, no laptop" :)

Keep up the good work, all! Keeps me occupied and happy as I wake up at strange hours due to jetlag.

dude163

What? another Kids part! not me!

A girl in my daughters class invited her to a poll party, so of course, along came my 2 cameras and the 2 50mms , here are the Summicron shots on my M8.

Im quite happy that I can get the skintones etc almost 100% correct after using manual white balance in camera and the 18% greay trick if required in Lightroom.

So of course my first shot I made super duper blue because I underexposed it by about 3 full stops :(

Last edited:

CharlesK

Andrew, Hillary, thank you!
Steve, great captures :D
Hillary, very nice set from your Cousin's High graduation:)
Jim, I really shot #3:)
Gary, really nice set particularly the last shot!
David, I like the abstract composition of #1.
downstairs, another very nice still life:)
Andrew, Superb series of shots! Great composition and PP'ing:)
The shot of the old lady was with the 50 Nocti, @f/1.0, late in the afternoon.
Robert, fun captures of your daughters at the party!

dude163

thanks, but the only one of my daughter is the gal in the pool , Saying that, a lot of people do think my eldest daughter is related to the birthday girl , they look very similar :)

m_driscoll

What a great way to end my day out here on the 'Left Coast'! Thanks everyone for inspiring me with some outstanding work. :clap:

Hillary: Yes, we have are very own Frank Gehry. Just like Bilbao (only not as nice). My favorite Gerhry is the 'Dancing House' in Prague. More fun, and less bloviated (Thank you, George Will). :D

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

Status
Not open for further replies.