The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF_Licks

Thanks Charles :)

-----
Ash, really nice color and clarity on those shots posted above. #1, 4, 6 from the 1st set and #1 & 3 from the second set are my favorites. Your compassion for people shines through in your pictures, even if they are not the main subject. Agree with Matt, on the red bucket otherwise stunning shot. Can be saved in the digital age though :)
Charles, excellent shot of the horse!

Joe

m_driscoll

I rented the 90mm Summarit-M to try it out on this trip to Eastern Washington. Thanks for looking.

1. M8.2; 90mm f/2.5; 1/750s; ISO 160

2. M8.2; 90mm f/2.5; 1/1000s; ISO 160

3. M9-P; 90mm f/2.5; 1/2000s; ISO 160

4. M9-P; 90mm f/2.5; 1/500s; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

Fire Dancers, from Seattle's Gasworks Park last week. M8 and 35 Lux ASPH or 50 Summicron.

Fire Dancers (L1008364crop) by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr

Fire Dancers (L1008356) by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr

Fire Dancers (L1008291) by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr

And one more, which came out "solarized" in B&W:
And one more, which came out "solarized" in B&W:

"Solarized" Fire Dancer by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr
Peter, these are fantastic. Looks like Gasworks was humming that night. Great images, and way to use the incident light to capture the emotion of the scene and moment!

edtan

JOE: Thanks. BLUGs? Could work....
ASHWIN: Vault, B-side? You are too modest. Love the 3 blue boats. My 2 cents:Cropping out the top white boat really cleans it up.
PETER:#3 with the fire juggler in the circle is so "cool".
CHARLES: Afternoon Showers is really nice. +1 for the comment about the hand in the frame. 75 LUX? Tough lens to focus. You the man!!
MATT: #3 and #4 is really nice. Have you tried the shot in backlight? Traded my 90 Elmar for the Summarit. Nicer throw, wider focusing ring for small focus adjustments. A keeper for me.

CharlesK

Matt, Mike, Steve, Joe, Ash and Ed, thank you guys! Your comments are always appreciated:)
Matt, really nice work with the 90 Summarit!! Very nice work considering how harsh the lighting must be. I know here in Oz, particularly the lighting is so harsh, and it is so difficult to get good lighting on landscapes except for a very narrow window of time:)

mAlKhamis

Matt, Thank you so much for your kind words, so glad that you liked it. And i really like your spiky fence shot, excellent composition. and i also like your second set of the wheat field, well done !!

Ashwin, your set from India, blowed me away, specially the mosque set, defiantly a winner, the composition, angles and colors, are just stunning, my hat down to you Ash !!! cheers!

Peter, lovely catches for the fire dancers, well done !

Charles, thank you so much for your kind words, glad you liked it, but please note that the sunshine shot is for another " Mohammd T" which is my friend ;-) my shot was the dog one. However i so like your horse shot charles, stunning capture for that moment!

CharlesK

Mohammad, mAlKhamis, thank you:) My mistake :eek: I must then say to Mohammd T, excellent set!
Ed, very nice shots,...love the portrait of Rick Williams:) Superb photos and blog about Rick!!!

Here is a shot of Fingal heads with the 28 Cron and M9:)

75 Lux and M9:)

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Matt, last 3 for elegance, comp & simple pure natural beauty!:thumbs:
Completely agreed, Matt. Fantastic. You are giving me the "Palouse Itch", my friend, and I don't mean allergies...I gotta get there someday soon!
MATT: #3 and #4 is really nice. Have you tried the shot in backlight? Traded my 90 Elmar for the Summarit. Nicer throw, wider focusing ring for small focus adjustments. A keeper for me.
Matt, really nice work with the 90 Summarit!! Very nice work considering how harsh the lighting must be. I know here in Oz, particularly the lighting is so harsh, and it is so difficult to get good lighting on landscapes except for a very narrow window of time:)
Matt, Thank you so much for your kind words, so glad that you liked it. And i really like your spiky fence shot, excellent composition. and i also like your second set of the wheat field, well done !!...
Gentlemen: Thanks! :D I do think the 90mm Summarit-M is an excellent lens, It's, also, pretty scarce. Lighting was harsh, but, some drifting clouds occasionally helped. Early morning and late afternoon wasn't in the cards. I made do. I'd really like #3 in the last set to look better. I've tried a lot of different pp approaches without much satisfaction. The light is too uniform.

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

M9/35 FLE
Went out on a photo walk with fellow SLUG Andrew Holloway.

The parrot man with his pal on a break.

Rick Williams. Please see Andrew's short essay on the few minutes spent with Rick. http://asholloway.wordpress.com/
Thanks for looking. Regards, Ed.
Ed: Great images. I esp. like the IQ, light, moment, and composition in this one. :thumbup:
Andrew: Excellent Blog piece and photos. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

shtarka1

Mohammad, mAlKhamis, thank you:) My mistake :eek: I must then say to Mohammd T, excellent set!
Ed, very nice shots,...love the portrait of Rick Williams:) Superb photos and blog about Rick!!!

Here is a shot of Fingal heads with the 28 Cron and M9:)

75 Lux and M9:)
Deep Contrast,Perspectives & Comps, Outstanding Mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.