The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

Steve, Matt, Lloyd, Ashwin: Thanks.
Light beams and reflections at St. Ignatius Chapel, Seattle University.
M9/35 FLE

Orange beam of light from the ceiling.

Reflections on the Font of the Baptistry.

St. Ignatius Chapel on the Reflecting Pool.

Critique invited and greatly appreciated.
Regards, Ed
Ed: Excellent! #1. Nice play of light; angle works well #2. Good pose; soaking up the light; comp. and color are very cool #3. Forms and reflections are good; but, this one seems awkward to me? imbalanced. The font's too heavy. #4. Beautiful color; maybe a tighter crop? :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

edtan

Ed: Excellent! #1. Nice play of light; angle works well #2. Good pose; soaking up the light; comp. and color are very cool #3. Forms and reflections are good; but, this one seems awkward to me? imbalanced. The font's too heavy. #4. Beautiful color; maybe a tighter crop? :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Thanks Matt. Good call.
Here's the tighter crop. Image got simpler with distractions out of the way.

#3 Yes I agree with you. The font looks large but..... it is about 3 feet :eek: in diameter. I was trying to get the Golden Rectangle here ;).

Regards, Ed :D

m_driscoll

Thanks Matt. Good call.
Here's the tighter crop. Image got simpler with distractions out of the way.

#3 Yes I agree with you. The font looks large but..... it is about 3 feet :eek: in diameter. I was trying to get the Golden Rectangle here ;).

Regards, Ed :D
Ed: I like the crop in the first one. I like it a lot. The reflections are soft, pastels, and the rock anchors the corner. It'd look cool printed on that Epson Exhibition Fiber paper that Nora used at her show. :thumbup:

The illustration helps to see what you're trying in the second photo. Still not sure about it. What if you cropped in from the left a bit? :)

I just replaced the graphics card, installed 16gbs more of ram, four new 2tb HDD's, rebuilt the 0+1 Raid, and now am installing OS X Lion in my Mac Pro. Don't think, i'll stay up and wait until it's done..."4 hours and 2 minutes remaining".

Cheers, Matt

edtan

Steve, thank you.

Matt, I'd love to print some day, probably with a 3880.
Thanks for your critique. I have re-worked the Font image.
You have quite the set up for the Mac.

Regards, Ed

Mike Woods

+1 on the moon shot Dave. VERY nice!!
Yes that's great!

Joe, the shots of your dog are terrific.

Matt, more great stuff. Love that last one with the lead-in line/road.

Ash - love the old timers and lavender.

Sorry I can't comment on everything....rushing today.

Mike

seakayaker

. . . . . I have not posted in this thread for awhile but have been lurking!

The photos that have been contributed are, as usual, fantastic!

eaglewood

What is the trick to posting a full sized image on this thread? Mine appear as images that need to be clicked to get a full sized image. Any tips. And keep it simple please as it should be obvious that this is a challenge for me.

seakayaker

What is the trick to posting a full sized image on this thread? Mine appear as images that need to be clicked to get a full sized image. Any tips. And keep it simple please as it should be obvious that this is a challenge for me.
I store my photos on flickr so I choose the size I am going to post, then copy the image address, then when using the 'reply to thread' open box you choose the yellow square (mountain figure) with a single mouse click, paste the address in the box that appears and then click 'OK' . . . . . repeat as necessary for the number of pictures you wish to post.

Hope that makes sense.

m_driscoll

Some from a recent stroll wiht SLUGgers, Ed and Al...

M9 and 50 mm C-Sonnar....

1. Flowers

2. Almost all in...

3. Massage mantra...

4. Lavender...

5. Old timers (separate stroll, when I wasn't quite a SLUG)
Ashwin: Nice set! In order of my pref.: #3. composition and tone #2. cute, color, comp. #1. very pretty, cool bokeh, slightly tighter crop in from upper right? #4. lovely lavender, not sure about the white PU #5. great detail, color, and focus; crop in from upper left to make asymmetrical comp with couple/water/gangplank/dock? All, IMHO, of course. :thumb up: :thumbs: :salute:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Steve, thank you.

Matt, I'd love to print some day, probably with a 3880.
Thanks for your critique. I have re-worked the Font image.
You have quite the set up for the Mac.

Regards, Ed
Ed: Nicely done. In my opinion, this is better, and closer to your "intent" re: golden rectangle. :thumb up:

Still getting everything copied over. Migration assistant sucks. Nice to have multiple backups. Have fun with the D7000!

Cheer, Matt

Took my scooter out for a ride this weekend up the California coast - it was middle of the day so light was harsh and flat so just got a couple of simple shots.

Here's one of my bike - M9 with the CV 35mm f1.2:

And one of the Pigeon Point lighthouse:

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.