The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcambern

Just got an M9-P last week after several years with an M8. Was going to hold out for the M10 but the chrome "P" sucked me in.

M9 and 50 Lux:

m_driscoll

Picked up my new 50mm lux on Saturday and have been shooting with it exclusively since ;-)

This lens is a little gem - and I do mean little. I was surprised at how small and compact it is for an f1.4 lens.

Here is a mix of photos I've taken with it - mainly just learning the personality of this lens but so far I'm so thrilled with it that it may never come off my M9 :D

Comment welcome and thanks for looking.
Joe: Nicely done! It's a gem of a lens. These two for me: comp, selective focus and bokeh. And, the B & W portrait, of course. Is that a "go ahead and take your picture, and then tell me what it cost" look? :LOL: :thumb up:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

this shot sums up summer for me :)

Sun, kites, warm wind and my kids

oh and a M8

I like that summary. Hopefully the rain finally stopped for you, Robert, but it certainly didn't stop you from taking some magnfiicent photos of the family. Congrats...so sad that the fall is upon us, meaning that I may become scarce in these parts due to other obligations. Regardless, I will be enjoying from afar....

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Matt. You are correct. San Juan Ferry, last summer, I believe, off the edge of Shaw Island, if I am recalling correctly. An oddly foggy/sunny day....

m_driscoll

Wlecome panyawong...Love the colors of this capture...
Ash, Sydney Pollack's Brother?:D Like The Tone, Grain & Hollywood Movie Producer Feel! Nice Set!
Great Shot Of Your Dad Robert! Like The Reflection Off His Shirt!
Just got an M9-P last week after several years with an M8. Was going to hold out for the M10 but the chrome "P" sucked me in.
M9 and 50 Lux:
Great first post! Gorgeous images. Welcome to the forum. :salute:
Panyawong/Ash/Robert/Bcambern/Wozza: Excellent work, all!! :salute:

More tests against a ruler reveal a back focus issue at all apertures. Dealer is happy to accept a return.
Mike
Mike: That's great! :thumbup:

I like that summary. Hopefully the rain finally stopped for you, Robert, but it certainly didn't stop you from taking some magnfiicent photos of the family. Congrats...so sad that the fall is upon us, meaning that I may become scarce in these parts due to other obligations. Regardless, I will be enjoying from afar....
Robert: +1! :thumbup:
Ashwin: You'll be missed. Have fun with the Hawks and I'm sure i'll see you around.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Ash, Love The "Old" Meets "New" & Lines In The Monk Shot & The Comp & Processing On The Pond & Stumps Shot! More "Ash"Ceptional Work!:)

shtarka1

Matt, Love the Last 2 For Contrast,Color & Comp! So Beautifully Seen,Framed & Shot! 1st One Maybe Needs A Tad More Saturation imho.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.