The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few from the Iowa State Fair...still getting the hang of the new M9. I'm missing more due to exposure than focus now (which I think is a good and fixable thing!)

All with M9 and Summicron-M 50mm:

1. f/4, 1/45, ISO 160

Thanks for looking (more fair photos at my website)...
I like the energy in this one - nice shot!

Cheers,

jeffnesh

Wozza, love the harbor shot…nice color capture while still sharp, a challenge at night.

Ashwin, Through the Haze is beautiful.

Matt, #3 wheat is wonderful. Might have been cool to shoot from even lower, isolating the tall stalk against with more sky, but as is, wonderful.

----

Steve, thanks for the comment, I only included the goat because I was a little surprised at the sharpness!

Joe, thanks…I'm a city guy that loves a good cow gaze.

All, he continuing display of talent and vision on this thread is inspiring!

Thanks,
Jeff

m_driscoll

I agree with the other comments - a bit more saturation on #1.
#3 is great - I like how the single tall blade stands out - well caught Matt!
Joe: Thanks. :D When I get my computer up to speed again, I'll redo that photo.

Matt, #3 wheat is wonderful. Might have been cool to shoot from even lower, isolating the tall stalk against with more sky, but as is, wonderful...
Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff: Thanks! :D I shot a lot that day, maybe, I have one like that?

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

edtan

Great thread here, I'm really enjoying everyone's images! Those of you on the similar thread of FM forums will have seen these already, sorry for that.

This was with the M8+Zeiss Biogon 2/35

M9+Zeiss C Sonnar 1.5/50

M9+Zeiss Biogon 2/35

M9+Leica APO Summicron-M 2/75 ASPH
Beautiful captures you have here Wozza604!

edtan

Too busy at work to contribute much lately, so my apologies. Had a new addition to the family over the weekend....no not a baby, another lens :D

The jury is still out as to whether this is my first lens 'error'. I went intending to buy a 90 Elmarit, and came away with a (pre-asph) 90 'cron....difficult to explain, but largely because of build quality and the desire (not need) for speed.

Anyway, took loads of images both Saturday and today, and I think I picked the wrong lens :( On the plus side, I think I understand what is meant by the classic Leica look. This thing is dreamy beyond belief but quite frankly I'm not sure I can cope with this degree of softness. Even when I think I've nailed it, it turns out barely anything is in focus. Even stopping down doesn't improve things much. BUT, when I definitely did nail it I can forgive the softness because of the overall 'feel' of the image, if that makes sense.

So, it's either a lens issue, my rangefinder or (possibly) my eyes :eek:

At web size, these are not going to tell you much, but these are a few of my keepers from this weekend. Forgive the long intro :eek:

Thanks for looking (and listening).

Mike
Mike, I keep going back to this image, really nice.
I do agree there might be an adjustment needed for the 90.
Your shots are always tack sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.