The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwinrao1

It's been a busy week-end and a kickoff to a busy fall sports season (for me, that means Seahawks, UW Husky sports coverage). I will try to keep up with the thread, but I'll apologize if my contributions become infrequent at times. Just know that I am thinkin' of ya, and if you all are out there wanting to stroll with me, I'll be on the road 4 more times with the Seahawks....(email me, and I'll let you know where).

Speaking of travel with the Seahawks, I was in Denver this week-end...tough loss, but thankfully, it's the preasason.....man am I bushed, but I got 2 photo strolls and over 400 images in....

3 Organic captures..., whatever that means...

9 Geometric captures....

I call this one Moire Machine, ;)

All caps taken with M9 with Zeiss C-Sonnar - T 50 mm f/2.5, CV Skopar - 35 mm f/2.5 , & Elmarit 90 mm E46. The Zeiss continues to impress me to bits!

m_driscoll

I wanted to try some of those backlit shots in the sunset with the lens flare that seem so popular in the EOS 5d II crowd, so I took a test shot first , I think the test shot came out the best :(

I'll post the 3 shots of my gals tomorrow ( 2 kids , 1 wife)

I caught this frog after about 5 minutes and said it was all slimy , my 2 young 'uns " Its not slime, its Mucus!" as per the disney movie Princess and the frog , I put him on the deck of the marina , this is just before sundown, hence the massive shadow
Summicron 50/2 1964 with M8u
Robert: I like them both! Flare's cool; frog on deck's well composed. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Matt, love the colors, esp "bird on a wire"...you need to post more of those lovely Palouse caps that need to be made into a book. Count me in for a print or 4...;)...
Ashwin: Thank you, sir! :D Hope you got a little sleep after your 'red-eye' from Denver? :sleep006:

At the Pike Place Market today.
Matt, have you seen this performer?
M9/35 FLE (recurring combo here, yawn)
I have definitely never seen that copper statue, Ed...
Very lifelike!
Ed: No!!! Much cooler (and prettier) then the silver paint guy. I'm going to have to find her this week. Nice shot. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Ashwin: Great talking to you and Dan (Mr. MP) today. :D It's going to be a treat to see your photos from this season's away game cities. My thoughts (IMHO):
Organic
#1. Great shot! Old and New/details/texture/colors/bicyclists heading right/road sweeping back around the corner/balanced/very satisfying
#2. White wall and column at the right leads me away from the women walking towards the arch. A tighter crop; even though you'd lose the balance between the paving and the sky?
Geometric
#3. Symmetrical...not! You've used the light and shadow to compose a really interesting image.
#7. Nice eye for geometry and color value!
#8. I like the tonal and textural differences and the 'not quite real' 3-D character
#9. Most cool! I might have straightened the horizontals, tried it w/o the blue sky, or, not?

Great set. Please post some more. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

shtarka1

Ash,Ed & Matt Thanks Very Much!

Matt, Shot These At 6 AM Without Trojan Protection Of Any Kind. I Do Have A 9 Stop ND Filter Though.:)

shtarka1

Ed, Like The Textured Brick Background & Stark Contrast At Play Here! Well Seen & Shot!

Ash & David....Compositional Brilliance! Every Image, All The Time! Tough To Pick Favorites From You 2! :salute:

Robert, Very Nice Flare & Pair!:)

thrice

Ok, GetDPI swallowed my post, so here are cliff notes.

Matt, I like both your versions of that Palouse scene very much, I am first and foremost a sucker for good colour though :)
Ashwin, great geometry, and number 2 is a wonderful street scene.
Ed, diggin your street portrait ;)
David, more great moody work with the 24 Lux, a real atmosphere and consistent processing to those shots.

I had a whole explanation for this shot but cbf now :p
M9 and 18mm distagon. No blending or bracketing for exposure, no changes to exposure or saturation in lightroom (believe it or not!). The light was controlled by filters and exposure manually set.

And here's a far more conventional shot with the 35mm C-Biogon

This guy was hovering back & forth on the updraft from the dunes the entire 45 mins or so we were shooting!

Last edited:

dude163

Speaking of travel with the Seahawks, I was in Denver this week-end...tough loss, but thankfully, it's the preasason.....man am I bushed, but I got 2 photo strolls and over 400 images in....

SNIP

All caps taken with M9 with Zeiss C-Sonnar - T 50 mm f/2.5, CV Skopar - 35 mm f/2.5 , & Elmarit 90 mm E46. The Zeiss continues to impress me to bits![/COLOR]
I like all the ones that have Blue in them :)

Mike Woods

Ash, Matt et al - many thanks for your comments. Matt, I'll try the crop. Like Ash, think I prefer the colour version.

Ash, nice geometry - demonstrating some versatility I see? :)

Ed, loving the performer - if she needs a hand getting all that make up off let me know :D

Dan - First image...completely awesome. Really don't know what else to say...

Mike

Ok, GetDPI swallowed my post, so here are cliff notes.

Matt, I like both your versions of that Palouse scene very much, I am first and foremost a sucker for good colour though :)
Ashwin, great geometry, and number 2 is a wonderful street scene.
Ed, diggin your street portrait ;)
David, more great moody work with the 24 Lux, a real atmosphere and consistent processing to those shots.

I had a whole explanation for this shot but cbf now :p
M9 and 18mm distagon. No blending or bracketing for exposure, no changes to exposure or saturation in lightroom (believe it or not!). The light was controlled by filters and exposure manually set.
Daniel - awesome!

Cheers,

dude163

Ok, after the test shot I'm a bit wary of the portraits I took but here goes :

wife, eldest, youngest

I achieved the look I was going for , but I wish I had used a bit of fill in flash :(
now at least the 3 8 x 10 frames in our family room will now have photos in them :)

any critiques welcome, thanks
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.