The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

Matt, wonderful tone,lines & Laurel & Hardy feel to this one! Great agricultural series!
Steve: Thank you, sir! I see exactly what you mean. :D

Matt, nice series :thumb up: The B&Ws do it for me and, like Hermann, the first is my preference.
Mike
Mike: thank you! :D

So, the replacement for the returned 90 'cron arrived today.....a near mint, very late shiny, chrome 90 Elmarit-M (I nearly ran out of adjectives then). It's a thing of beauty :D
Just thought of two more adjectives....'bloody' and 'sharp'!
Nothing artistic here, and only the last one is wide open, but Steve posted some cemetery shots with his new Noct so....

And a couple more:
Regards
Mike
Mike: I like the composition and color in all of them. But, the unique coloring and detail in the first makes it my fav. :thumb up:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Matt, excellent shots from Waitsburg! Love the perspective and B&W pp on the 1st one with the 24Lux...
Acadia was an excellent family vacation spot for us. There were enough activities at Bar Harbor and surroundings for the wife and kid while most of the beautiful scenery can be accessed within 15-30 min drive if you stay close to Bar Harbor. Will definitely want to return again at some point.
Joe
A few more with the 28Cron.
Otter Cliff
Bubble Pond

Cadillac Mountain
Joe: These are stunning! Excellent use of the foreground elements. The color, tone, and gradation of light in this one's wonderful. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Matt, nice series :thumb up: The B&Ws do it for me and, like Hermann, the first is my preference...Mike
Mike: Thank you, sir! :D

Speaking of the GXR, the 50 sonnar awaits that mount, but until then, it's on my M9 a lot more than I expected...LOVE the rendering....

Ashwin: Excellent work. A few blocks from my house. Really great pp treatment. The rendering of the lens is very cool. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Mike Woods

A little more light on it.

M9-P; 1/4000s; -3 EV; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

Thanks for your comments Matt, much appreciated. This one of yours makes me think! I love how the line of clouds mirror the angle of the landscape, but somehow the composition is making me uncomfortable - that might be a good thing, I need to look a little longer:) I think it's to do with the central placement of the sign, and the smaller sign beyond it.

Mike

ashwinrao1

Great stuff, Matt, with the image above. The lighting shines, and the colors pop.

Thanks, Ed!!!

A couple from tonight, after a victorty....finally finished wiht 3 straight weeks of work with no days off....

Worked so much recently, I got a bit stir crazy at a recent lecture...

m_driscoll

Thanks for your comments Matt, much appreciated. This one of yours makes me think! I love how the line of clouds mirror the angle of the landscape, but somehow the composition is making me uncomfortable - that might be a good thing, I need to look a little longer:) I think it's to do with the central placement of the sign, and the smaller sign beyond it.
Mike
Mike: Thanks for the feedback. :D Shift right and lower, maybe? Except, that's the full frame. :cry:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

...Great stuff, Matt, with the image above. The lighting shines, and the colors pop...

A couple from tonight, after a victorty....finally finished wiht 3 straight weeks of work with no days off....

Ashwin: Thanks! :D A good win for the Hawks. It's probably because they have an excellent medical staff! How can the locker room be that clean and empty? 11:21 pm? You posted these from your car on the way home? I believe, only three questions are allowed?

#1 is my favorite. It looks like the guy is waiting for the last player to exit before he locks up. Nicely framed. :thumbs:

Multiple personality disorder? If this is a 'self-portrait', perhaps you should seek counseling? :ROTFL:

Cheers, Matt

shtarka1

------

Joe

A few more with the 28Cron.

Otter Cliff

Cadillac Mountain
Really Smokin On The Landscapes Joe! I Was At EP Levines Yesterday & Mike Was Showing Me A New 28 Cron ASPH & 135 Tely 3.4 APO! Man Was I Under Pressure!!! I Was Good & Walked Out With An Old Used Nikon 180mm 2.8 ais ed Lens, Which Is Why I Made The Trip. Of Course I Was Up All Night Trying To Figure Out How To Score That 28 Cron That You Got Me Hooked On!:)

shtarka1

Great stuff, Matt, with the image above. The lighting shines, and the colors pop.

Thanks, Ed!!!

Boy Am I Jealous! What A Job!!! Good Luck With The Seahawks This Year Ash Until You Run Into The Patriots Of Course..!;):)

thrice

Joe: great landscapes! I like the mood of the Bubble Pond one.

Mike: Great hat series, well seen and captured! I like the restaurant opening shot as well.

Robert: excellent use of flare in that portrait!

Matt: Your Palouse shots just keep getting better! Really dig the sign and the silos!
The street portrait is excellent as well.

Here are a couple from the wedding I went to today, all 50 lux (I shared others in the Nikkor 105mm thread I just started) the redhead is my girlfriend, hence the many shots of her.

All wide open, except the car shot at f/4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.