The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Michael (Double Neg): Really like those shots. The last two in particular.

Jono: Well done indeed!!

seakayaker

Great Shots Everyone!

Lilly Pads ~ Woodland Park Rose Garden

M9 with Leica APO Summicron-M 75mm f2 ASPH

mAlKhamis

Lloyd, thank you so much my friend, i did very well actually, it was really intense, but it's finally over, and i really missed my best girlfriend ever ==> Leica M9 ;) :p
Really to rock and roll with it again this summer, cheers!

Dan, i love your second lotus shot !! amazing color and DOF, well done !!

Double Negative

Not Available
Nice, Dan. Yeah, I can see why the CV left you. Nice upgrade. :)

I'll see your flowers and raise you one pissing cupid... (Some 1,5/50 Sonnar ZM love)

dude163

for the people who wished my Daughter well, she is doing a lot better now:

little sis is still worried about her though :)

RF_Licks

Another thread already? :eek:

Thanks all for your kind words on my earlier post, much appreciated: Matt, Ash, Steve, Lloyd, Dan :salute:

Going back to the old thread:
Matt, love the B&W work with the musicians, very nice!
David, more nice shots from Vegas. Keep sharing!!
Ash, very nice series with the doors. Great "feel" to those shots with the framing and focusing, love them! The series with the 35CronIV is also excellent! Love the classic rendering on this lens.
ShiroKuro, excellent shots with the 90Elmar!

and back to this thread,
Lloyd, love that story! I like the 2nd shot of the setup, its actually well framed for a "grab" shot :D!
Kurt, another funny story! Were you holding the S2?
Robert, nice shots of the tulips and your daughter! Hope she is well now?
Ash, OUCH!, Nice fun happy shots! Great timing! Well caught!
Frank, very nice set from Hanoi!
David, you made the chandeliers look really imposing! Love the angle! Excellent pp as always!
Matt, excellent shots from DC. B&W pp has nice tonality. The 2nd shot reminds me of your Pike Place photos :)
Charles & Ryan, long time no see!! :LOL: Great portraits from Bangkok and love those scenes from the South.
DoubleNegative, very nice sets and love your compositions, they all feel very structured yet calming!
Mohammad, excellent shot of the musician and Yosemite!
Jono, another funny one! He must be perplexed :LOL:
Dan, excellent shots of the lilies! Did I spot another new lens? :bugeyes:

-----
A few more from last week. All 28Cron, last 35Lux ASPH.

Thanks for looking,
Joe :)

m_driscoll

Great shots all! Hard to keep up with you guys. Here are some recent ones
28 Cron

8 shot pano with 90 Elmarit-M
35 Lux

90 Elmarit-M
35 Lux ASPH
Ryan: Great set of photos! These are my favorites: 1. composition, color and IF & OOF; 2. IF & OOf, again, simple color, makes me want some blueberries; 3. Rhythm, IF & OOF; 4. composition and soft color. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Sorry guys for the my recent absence, but i was busy with my finals, and ready for a come back so glad that Llyod have started a new thread, cheers! to you all !

Meditation at Yosemite by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

M9 + 35mm Cron
Matt, Lovely set from DC...
Welcome back, Mohammad. I trust your finals went well. Very nice shots; I especially like this one. It has a timeless quality. And thank you for your comment on my shots.
Mohammad: Thanks and +1 to what Lloyd said. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

making up for lost time.......

28 Cron

35 Lux ASPH

50 Cron III

and whats a post without sharing some from the family ??? :)

28 Cron

new baby boy :) ....with 50 Cron III

proud big sister.... Zeiss 50 Planar
Some truly wonderful shots there, Ryan. :salute:
Ryan: Again, I'll +1 to what Lloyd said! The family photos are teriffic. I, also, really like these three.

Oh, I know! The 35 was my first - I picked it up for the ridiculously small size primarily, the good performance and besides - how can you argue with the price? I was hooked; so I put together the collection. They're solid little chunks of metal and glass (especially the 50). But what I think really does it are the ten aperture blades. I don't know how they did it, but they all generally have 6-7 elements as well. Another good point is that they all share the same filter (39mm), hood and caps. So if you're traveling... Complete no-brainer, IMO.

The 35, being my first - I shot the most with. A random sampling:

Double Negative: This one's my favorite. The IQ is very pleasing. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

I'll see your flowers and raise you one pissing cupid... (Some 1,5/50 Sonnar ZM love)
Michael: This one's quite elegant. :salute:

for the people who wished my Daughter well, she is doing a lot better now
little sis is still worried about her though :)
Robert: Glad she's doing well. Great shot of "little sis"!

Another thread already? :eek:
Thanks all for your kind words on my earlier post, much appreciated: Matt, Ash, Steve, Lloyd, Dan :salute:
Going back to the old thread:...
Matt, love the B&W work with the musicians, very nice! ...
and back to this thread,...
Matt, excellent shots from DC. B&W pp has nice tonality. The 2nd shot reminds me of your Pike Place photos :)...

A few more from last week. All 28Cron, last 35Lux ASPH.
Thanks for looking,
Joe :)

5.jpg[/IMG]
Joe: You must be sitting on the floor. Did you put a cup out? Great angle and pp. These remind me a bit of some of Sean Reid's photos. I keep coming back to this one. I like the complex way dynamic balance is achieved. Great pp on all. And, thanks.:thumbup:

One from tonight:

YamasDgital: Beautiful color and light washing across the water.
:thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Double Negative

Not Available
@Robert; glad to hear your daughter's feeling better!

@RF_Licks; thanks! I always thought my compositions were "rigid"; perhaps technically "correct" but everything's always straight and lined up. I'm trying to change that with more "street style" lately. Love that wing shot; it looks somehow surreal.

@Matt; thanks! That was a grab shot of an apartment I rented in Amsterdam last August, ha. I just loved the ridiculously open floorplan - and the light was awesome. I plan to rent it again, hopefully soon. I like the B&W version of your shot better - not sure why that is; perhaps less distraction of the color and more focus on the forms and textures.

@esy0345; thanks! Long Beach is kind of cool; very much a beach community on the boardwalk there without the craziness of commercial business (though I wish there were more pubs on the boardwalk, I only count ONE). Keeps it sleepy though. Convenient that I work a couple of blocks away, so lunchtime is always fun. I love those ferris wheel shots, especially at night!

Status
Not open for further replies.