The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonoslack

But I have to say - Joe I love your airport(?) shots - excellent
Ryan, the bicycles are really fine
Robert - I'm glad your daughter is improved

From the sublime to the ridiculous with no time!

First with the trusty 75 'cron:
just a poppy

Then two with the Noctilux
Oh! Really?

It's YOU!

m_driscoll

just a poppy
Oh! Really?

It's YOU!
Jono: All three are great! I esp. like "Oh! Really?". She anchors the photo with her skeptical look and arms around his neck. His blurred hand adds emphasis to what he's saying but seems to make it less real (focused). Feeds her "Oh! Really?" Nice capture. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

seakayaker

HI Everyone
Great shots from all - too many to mention, Charles - great stuff, Ashwin - I love your bride particularly

Lloyd - great story to start with.

Here's one I got in Aix en Provence a few weeks ago. This guy was standing behind a tree snapping people as they went past. After a moment's thought I simply walked straight up to him, waited till he saw me and snapped him!
M9, 75 'cron
Jono, a great story and a great capture of the man behind the tree!

But I have to say - Joe I love your airport(?) shots - excellent
Ryan, the bicycles are really fine
Robert - I'm glad your daughter is improved

just a poppy

Oh! Really?
Jono, the Poppy is stunning!

. . . . . and Love the second photo and can see why folks justify the price for a Noctilux. Love the DOF and smooth bokeh, 'Oh Really' is a wonderful capture.

Last edited:

seakayaker

Dan: Thanks! I walked down to Irwin's on 40th to get a "bone dry double cap". You just live up the street...it does rain here every day! Your new 75 cron inspired me to take mine out. :D :LOL:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Irwin's was one of my favorite stops when it was managed by the previous owners. At that time the scones were to die for and the pies, especially Marionberry, they sold during the holidays were out of this world. I thing the new owners got the recipes but the execution in the kitchen just falls flat.

Had to work last evening and again today and could not motivate myself to get out with the camera. I know I will have many rainy day opportunities again in the future.

. . . . . and I do love the 75/2 cron, a fantastic lens!

seakayaker

Another thread already? :eek:

Thanks all for your kind words on my earlier post, much appreciated: Matt, Ash, Steve, Lloyd, Dan :salute:

Dan, excellent shots of the lilies! Did I spot another new lens? :bugeyes:

-----
A few more from last week. All 28Cron, last 35Lux ASPH.

Thanks for looking,
Joe :)

Thanks for the kind words Joe, they are always appreciated!

. . . . . yes you did spot another new lens and I am scheduled to begin a treatment program . . . . .

As others have commented your travel shots at the airports are fantastic. The photograph of the wing from the seat is, for me, a work of art!

Were you using NIK Silver Efex Pro, HDR, or other software for the post processing?

seakayaker

Thanks, Matt! I take my lunch hours on the beach/boardwalk here in Long Beach, NY. Lots of opportunities and there are some interesting folks out and about.

Here's another biker caught in the act, though I'd have preferred a different framing (via 4/135 Tele-Elmar-M and M9):

Think they'll catch their ship? (same setup)

This time with the 1,1/50 Nokton, at f/1.7 courtesy of 8x ND:

Michael you are a lucky man with the beautiful location a couple of blocks away from work! Wonderful shots as usual!

Nice, Dan. Yeah, I can see why the CV left you. Nice upgrade. :)

I'll see your flowers and raise you one pissing cupid... (Some 1,5/50 Sonnar ZM love)

Thanks for the kind words Michael, they are appreciated. Yes, the CV 75/1.8 and 50/2 Cron had to leave to make room for the 75/2. (. . . . . and I still hope to sell a couple of more lens to cover the new arrival)

btw, I have not heard of a 'pissing cupid' before, does it have another name?

. . . . . and it is a beautiful shot of a 'pissing cupid'!

Last edited:

seakayaker

Sorry guys for the my recent absence, but i was busy with my finals, and ready for a come back so glad that Llyod have started a new thread, cheers! to you all !

The Drummer by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

M9 + 35mm Cron
Lloyd, thank you so much my friend, i did very well actually, it was really intense, but it's finally over, and i really missed my best girlfriend ever ==> Leica M9 ;) :p
Really to rock and roll with it again this summer, cheers!

Dan, i love your second lotus shot !! amazing color and DOF, well done !!
Mohammad, thank you for your kind words, that are always appreciated.

I loved both of your photographs! Others have commented on the 'Meditation at Yosemite' photo and I agree it is a beautiful capture. I also love 'The Drummer,' simply put it is just a gorgeous black and white photograph! The 35 cron is just a wonderful lenses.

seakayaker

making up for lost time.......

28 Cron

and whats a post without sharing some from the family ??? :)

28 Cron

new baby boy :) ....with 50 Cron III

Ryan, congratulations to you and your wife on the arrival of your son!

Loved the shot of the blue and white door, garage door, & building, a wonderful capture! The photograph of you daughter on the swing is fantastic, love the light and the clarity of the photograph! . . . . . and of course the photograph of your son being held by your wife, you must be proud father!

ashwinrao1

Ryan, congratulations to you and your wife on the arrival of your son!

Loved the shot of the blue and white door, garage door, & building, a wonderful capture! The photograph of you daughter on the swing is fantastic, love the light and the clarity of the photograph! . . . . . and of course the photograph of your son being held by your wife, you must be proud father!
Ryan, echo that. Congrats on the new arrival. The entire series is magical!

Status
Not open for further replies.