The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayaker

Some more from my recent trip to Hanoi:

Frank
Frank, a beautiful series, love the centered color in the first shot with the use of the vignette, very pleasing to my eye. Just love the color, detail and focus at the far end of the shot with the soft blur leading to the artist and the wall! . . . . . and on the third I love the how the colors in the shot and sharp details of the calligraphy are in contrast to black garb of the man with the gray hair and wrinkled hands! All three are wonderful captures.

Lloyd

A few from today...Fremont Solstice Festival in Seattle...drizzly, but the kids came out to play...

All captured with the wonderful 50 mm f/2 Rigid Summicron and M9

Great series, Ashwin! This one is especially well done. (Looks like a celebration where I'd fit right in! :thumbup:

Lloyd

With work having me use a 500D and my personal photography being on 4x5 these days I have little to share, but I thought I'd share a couple of shots which I sneakily took on the M9 for work, since instead of real-estate they had me shooting location shots of a few nice areas of suburbs I usually shoot in. They're rather boring and shot under bland light, so I apologise in advance :) I also didn't level the horizon cos the editor will do that :p

Shot of the girls is 75mm Summicron, the rest are the 18mm ZM Distagon - Shot with a B+W Kaesmann top-pol and Singh-Ray 2-stop soft grad.
I beg to differ here, Daniel. Nothing boring at all. Your work always impresses... no exceptions here. :salute:

seakayaker

The the time has once again come to start a new Digital M thread. I thought I start off with a cautionary tale... as in at least be careful who sees you grab that candid shot!

I was in the lobby of a local building, which is often used by photographers. This photog was shooting a bride, so I grabbed a shot of him:

Then I grabbed this shot of the bride (really of the lighting set up of the photog, which is what interested me.)

A guy just to my left, immediately started in on me about how I should ask her permission first, and how I need her permission in writing or I could be sued, etc., etc. I thanked him for enlightening me, and wished him a good day, and started to leave. He asked if I wasn't going to delete the shots I took. I said, "No, I think I'll keep them", and walked away.

M8, 28 Cron.
Lloyd, thanks for starting us off once again on another journey!

Braeside

Some monochrome shots from our recent trip to Rhodes.

The first 3 are taken at the spa at Kalithea in Rhodes, which we last visited 20 years ago. Nice to see it restored to something like it used to be when it was built.

Next the mountain village of Messanagros.

Finally the Island of Symi.

Dino doing his sponge sales act.

ashwinrao1

Great Stuff Ashwin - looks like loads of fun. Daniel - shooting work with a 500d?

Here it's been grey and dreek, so I took the 75 'cron and took a few snaps of the bracken at f2 (I always love the bracken heads)

Jono, the whole series and your lovely b+w processing bring this series home for me...great work! I need to mount my 75 cron on the M9 again soon!

Best,
Ashwin

Braeside

Thanks LLoyd, it was my first time on a trip without my DSLR, just the M8 plus a small pocket TZ10, quite liberating! The great thing was that nobody played the blindest bit of notice of me with the M8.

esy0345

Thanks LLoyd, it was my first time on a trip without my DSLR, just the M8 plus a small pocket TZ10, quite liberating! The great thing was that nobody played the blindest bit of notice of me with the M8.
What lens did you use? These are beautiful.

m_driscoll

With work having me use a 500D and my personal photography being on 4x5 these days I have little to share, but I thought I'd share a couple of shots which I sneakily took on the M9 for work, since instead of real-estate they had me shooting location shots of a few nice areas of suburbs I usually shoot in. They're rather boring and shot under bland light, so I apologise in advance :) I also didn't level the horizon cos the editor will do that :p

Shot of the girls is 75mm Summicron, the rest are the 18mm ZM Distagon - Shot with a B+W Kaesmann top-pol and Singh-Ray 2-stop soft grad.
Daniel: I really like the architectural shots. Esp. the 'Breakwater'. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

dude163

My fully healthy 7 year old daughter playing a game of chess with my 71 year old dad

Happy fathers day

mAlKhamis

Robert, lovely portraits for the two little girls

Joe, thank you so much, glad you liked my shot, i also enjoyed your airport set, excellent captures!!

Matt, thank you so much my friend, and you really blow me away with second orchid shot !! amazing man, well done !!

Jono, nice shots with Nocti !!

Dan, thank you for your kind words, so glad that you liked them !! i'm over whelmed by that !! cheers! my friend

Ashwin, thank you so much my friend, glad you liked, it's a great pleasure to me! and i so enjoyed your Festival set, with special preference to the first shot, amazing capture M9 master !!

Daniel, beautiful neat set, excellent job!

David, Lovely set from Rhodes.

woodyspedden

Some monochrome shots from our recent trip to Rhodes.

The first 3 are taken at the spa at Kalithea in Rhodes, which we last visited 20 years ago. Nice to see it restored to something like it used to be when it was built.

Next the mountain village of Messanagros.

Finally the Island of Symi.

Dino doing his sponge sales act.

David

This truly is spectacular. Wonderful tonality in all of these which could not have been easy given the high contrast lighting.

I enjoyed them all immensely

Woody

ashwinrao1

David, agreed a wonderful series.
Robert, great pics of your kiddos...
Matt, it was great to see you today at Glazers. Nice to see some of these pics in print, and good luck with finding that new lens...

And of course, thanks to everyone (Lloyd, Matt, Joe, Dan, Jono, Matt, Steve, et al) for your recent kind words!

Status
Not open for further replies.