The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayaker

Some monochrome shots from our recent trip to Rhodes.

The first 3 are taken at the spa at Kalithea in Rhodes, which we last visited 20 years ago. Nice to see it restored to something like it used to be when it was built.

A Symi afternoon.

Mostly the Zeiss 18mm Distagon, but I also used the small 28mm Elmarit ASPH quite a lot. The harbour shot was taken with a CV 35 Skopar Classic.

I carried the 50 Cron and CV 75 Heliar but used them only a couple of times on the trip.

Mono conversion was done in Aperture, quite a lot of orange filtering to give the effect I wanted. The colour shot was also adjusted a bit in Aperture to make it slightly more monochromatic, again to get the effect I desired rather than be entirely accurate.

Thanks for all the nice comments, much appreciated. I'm always a bit nervous about posting my shots and I know I should also comment on the work of others in this thread, but often am totally in awe of the art here and am not able to add much besides wow! It does inspire me to try harder, many thanks.

David let me join in with the several people who already commented.
Your photos are beautiful!

Outstanding series and hope you continue to contribute!

Lloyd

Lloyd and mAlKhamis, thanks:)
mAlKhamis, very nice take on a Classic! Excellent PP'ing too.
Lloyd, excellent portraits of your eldest!! I really like the rendering with the 90 Elmarit.
Thanks Charles. I love that lens as well. I actually prefer it to the 90 Cron. (BTW, he thinks he's the eldest, but his older brother has a different idea. ;) )

seakayaker

My fully healthy 7 year old daughter playing a game of chess with my 71 year old dad

Happy fathers day

Robert it looked like it was a great father's day for both you and your dad!

. . . . . it was nice to see that your daughter was taking it easy on your dad.

Great shots!

seakayaker

My 85 year-old-father meets five-day-old twins, Ashton and Pearce, his newest great-grandons.

M8, 50 Cron, ISO 640:
My second oldest.

M8, 90 Elmarit @ f2.8:
Lloyd, fantastic photographs of Great Grandsons/Grandson/Son, Great Grandfather/Grandfather, and Father/Son. With the proud Grandfather/Father/Son taking the photographs!

Congratulations! It looks like you had a wonderful father's day celebration!

seakayaker

No that's American Heavy Metal!! Love that shot! Beautifully processed.
Lloyd and mAlKhamis, thanks:)
mAlKhamis, very nice take on a Classic! Excellent PP'ing too.
Lloyd, excellent portraits of your eldest!! I really like the rendering with the 90 Elmarit.
+++3!

Mohammad, a beautiful shot of the 1964 Chevy Impala! Love the dark sky, white clouds, palm trees, and the reflective shine!

Braeside

But I can see no reason you should be... your work is outstanding. However, I would encourage you to comment on other people's images. We have a couple of people who "post and run", rarely, or even never commenting other people's postings, and I know that there are a few people (and honestly, I have to count myself in that group) who find that it a bit one-sided. I know most of us appreciate acknowledgment, and a quid pro quo seems appropriate.
Lloyd you are exactly right , it is very rude of me to do such a thing and I resolve to participate more fully in future. {I'm basically lazy}

Of course we don't want to get into an endless loop of self congratulation, but every photographer that submits here should expect to get some acknowledgement of their efforts - Don't we all want that?

For me, when I post a photo, it is to gauge if it resonates with anyone else or not. Its always good to get some critical feedback from your peers than just the usual "very nice dear" when you show your latest "masterpiece" to your spouse. :eek:

Once again thanks to all that have commented on my photos, and I will now go and prepare my comments on other's photos.

Braeside

My second oldest.

M8, 90 Elmarit @ f2.8:

Lloyd there is no doubt he is your son! A very strong resemblance to your own photo in the sidebar. I like the tint, it worked well.

Have never tried a lens longer than the 75mm on my M8. I may investigate that 90 elmarit someday.

Braeside

Here it's been grey and dreek, so I took the 75 'cron and took a few snaps of the bracken at f2 (I always love the bracken heads)

Jono, sorry to hear about the weather, we call it dreich in Scotland - "A combination of dull, overcast, drizzly, cold, misty and miserable weather".

There's always something to photograph though and you proved it.:D

CharlesK

Lloyd, yes the second eldest:D Yes the 90 Cron AA, is a definite favourite with portraits.
Dan and David, thanks:)
Shiro, awesome shots! From stunning to shock value:)

Some more shots from Bangkok
50 Lux at a Buddhist monastry

Wat Saket temple

Lloyd

Lloyd, fantastic photographs of Great Grandsons/Grandson/Son, Great Grandfather/Grandfather, and Father/Son. With the proud Grandfather/Father/Son taking the photographs!

Congratulations! It looks like you had a wonderful father's day celebration!
Thank you Dan. It was a very nice day.

Lloyd there is no doubt he is your son! A very strong resemblance to your own photo in the sidebar. I like the tint, it worked well.

Have never tried a lens longer than the 75mm on my M8. I may investigate that 90 elmarit someday.
Much appreciated David. Most people do think he looks a lot like me, especially when I was younger.

I do think you would enjoy a 90. I've owned 5 of them, and still have 2, the 90 Elmarit (which is my favorite, even over the 90 Cron), and the CV 90 APO Lanthar, which I think is much underestimated.

Status
Not open for further replies.