The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

Michael: The "Coney Island Mermaid Parade"? Cool! Nice set. Perversely enough, my favorite is the bare back and the orange umbrella.
Lloyd: Excellent portrait. The stronger contrast, color, and light are great. Caught a "thoughtful' look.
Lloyd: +1 for Post #151.
Charles: Thank you, sir!
Charles: Those are stunning portraits! All of them. The last shot of the three monks is a great composition. Do you just go up and ask to take their picture?
Mohammad: Nice ride!
Lloyd: Good photos of your "kid". Great framing and tone. (I'm keeping my eyes open for a good copy of that lens; of course, it's one that i had and sold!)
Shiro: Brilliant!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

dude163

ANOTHER BMW in the work parking lot , this time a demonic K1300 , what a cool machine

M8 rigid cron 50 at f2.8

dude163

OK here is an interesting story ( for me anyway)

I found the ornithology find of my life, in addition to the herons around the riverbend, i found their roosting place, I saw 21 here, but my camera couldnt get them all into the shot :)

I had to adjust the colour and lighting a tad as by now it was getting dark , how dark? look atthe next 2 shots.........

best viewed full size, as I took this with a 135 mm lens on a cropped sensor, so basically a 180/2.8 , luckily I was using a tripod!

full sized is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/riverviewfoto/5861152592/sizes/o/in/photostream/

dude163

here are the next 2 shots :

If I am spamming the forum let me know, i was quite excited to get these:

and a shot at 9:23 pm on the longest day of the year it is almost totally dark, but I had thought ahead and brought my flash with me, at full power and zoom it said it could shoot 188 feet , so I thought, WTH, lets see if it can! I set the M8 to ISO 2500 ( it has terrible noise there unfortunately) and took a few shots, and I was JUST out of reach, so I popped my homemade *snoot* on it and edged as close as i dared to the waters edge

full sized is here f2.8 ISO 2500 ( not the M8s forte I know)

here is a link to the full sized one http://www.flickr.com/photos/riverviewfoto/5860600429/sizes/o/in/photostream/

bye for now

Last edited:

mAlKhamis

Lloyd, Chales, Dan, Ron, Matt, Thank you so much for the kind words, glad you like it.

Ron, i didn't use IR filter, only Leica Polarizer filter, and PS CS5 channel mixer, and few adjustment layers :) However the light that day was perfect in SF and it helped A lot in my PP !!

Lloyd, the second shot of your son, is rocking, amazing light, expression, and mood, well done !!

Shiro, Just STUNNING mastery work, well done, really excellent !! cheers!!

Charles, i'm really enjoying your Monks set, specially the second shot with old and young monks, great work, please keep on posting !! cheers!

Matt, I love the artist work of the first, colors and composition wise, well done !!

Robert, nice shot for the sun set skies!

ShiroKuro

Thanks Loyd ,Braesid, Ron ,mAlKhamis and others for your comments .... it's nice getting compliments from you guys as I admire much of the work that is done here by all of you ,it's much appreciated and encouraging .....

dude163

Thanks from me too! I did a comparison of my M8 and 135 vs the KX and super takumar 200/4 , needless to say, my KX is now my rainy day camera :) even though the reach of the lens was better, the Image quality was definitely worse

Thanks again all!

Robert

rsolti13

Charles - excellent portraits as always :)

Mohammad - Great pic of the car. Perfect composition. Great pp as well

Lloyd - congratulations on the new additions to the family! The 90 Elmarit-M shots of the son is excellent! Makes me want to take mine out when I get home

ShiroKuro - both shots on this page are absolutely amazing. My favorite of the two though is the first with the woman putting on make-up...what a look with that 50 Lux.

MagicFM

Frank, a beautiful series, love the centered color in the first shot with the use of the vignette, very pleasing to my eye. Just love the color, detail and focus at the far end of the shot with the soft blur leading to the artist and the wall! . . . . . and on the third I love the how the colors in the shot and sharp details of the calligraphy are in contrast to black garb of the man with the gray hair and wrinkled hands! All three are wonderful captures.
Thank you very much, Dan!

Oh Charles - that is a great picture! I love it.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.