The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayaker

Mike & Steve, thank you for your kind words, they are always appreciated!

'Love & Loss' Sculpture at Olympic Sculpture Park ~ Seattle Waterfront Park

M9 with Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH

M9 with APO Summicron-M 75mm f2 ASPH

CharlesK

Mike, thanks for the kind words:)
CG, very nice shots of little India!
David, love the strong and complementary colours in #2! Stunning shot of Symi! Love the pastel tone:)
Dan, very nice captures, particularly #2!

seakayaker

Hi Dan,
Yes the 21 lux was part of the recent used inventory. I got word from Dante that a Leica "horde" had arrived via a seller from Bellevue, and once I saw the 21 lux on the list, I jumped to get it, boy am I happy. Getting some DOF at 21 is amazing.

No worries about missing the grand opening. New granddaughters are far more important. Feel free to stop by anytime, and the offer remains open for you, I, Matt, and others to go photo strolling. There are quite a few of us GetDPI members hanging around (Ed Tan, Brad Husick, Kay Yang, you, myself, Matt, Al Tanabe, just to name a few)....

As for any prizes, LOL...I'll take 'em...:ROTFL:
I look forward to the day when we have an opportunity to take a stroll. There is so much talent in that group you mentioned, I'm bound to learn one ot two things along the way!

m_driscoll

Speaking of Glazers, I just put up my Exhibit, alongside Al Tanabe, another forum member extraordinaire. IT came out well, I think. The show's up until August 18th, with a GRAND OPENING on JULY 9th, @ 6 pm at Glazers Rentals Exhibit Hall (517 Dexter Ave, Seattle) for any of you who are local or who can make it...

Here are some tastes of the gallery...

Ashwin/Al: I took an early look at your show today...exceptional work by both of you! :salute: :thumbup: :thumbs: :cool: :toocool:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

seakayaker

It's been a while shooting my M8.2
Taken during our last weekend in Singapore Little India
A place where Indians conduct their business and also migrant workers spend their weekends
People are friendly and love to be photographed

Cableguy55, lovely series, some great shots! . . . . . the first was my favorite, I love the bearded guy standing in front of all the Gillette Razors and Razor Blades! Wonderful capture!

m_driscoll

Robert: Thanks! :D Serendipity on the lock.
Proenca: Great Danes! You really are a dog lover. Nice pics.
Eleanor: Thanks! I'm guilty of ripping off with the motor drive, occasionally. It's a seductive sound.
Dan: Terrific photo! Beautiful color, texture and composition. Where did you take this?
Dan: Thanks. Yep, I picked it up from that pile of lenses at Glazers. It was on the bottom.
Dan: Thanks, again. My fav, too. Selling off my lenses...my wife wishes! Nope, keeping them all (until I sell them to buy something else).
Ashwin: Thank you! It's actually somewhat of a challenge to use. A work-in-progress.
Ashwin: I didn't give you a 'release'! Nice set of 'candids'. Every week, or so, I run a set of prints and take them down to show Mark. The print is different then the screen image, and ,I think it helps to 'distance' yourself from the work. Helps my learning process.
Ashwin: Certainly appears sassy. #1 and #3 are my favorites.
Ashwin: Love the "Baby face off". Super pp.
Ashwin: The third "oldie" is my favorite.
Ashwin: You were very busy that day! Beautiful set from the wedding. Establishes a great 'vibe'.
Dan: Thanks. It's an unusual thing to see in this neighborhood.
Steve: Thanks, but, I'm not deserving, I'm not deserving...
Steve: Thanks, again...I think?
Steve: Thanks, my friend! I could put it in the Dracula Room? :D
Steve: Thank you, sir. It's always raining around here; so, I figured "why not?"
Charles: Thanks!
Mike: Thanks! A great compliment.
Cableguy: Excellent set of photos from "Little India". I esp. like #1, #3, & #5.
David: Painting gourds? The relationship of the gourd to the darker background's nice.
Dan: Nicely composed. The relationship between that sign and the Space Needle's something I've captured before. Your take on it is great.
David: Beautiful photo (beautiful place, also)!
Dan: It shows up on my screen?

Cheers, Matt

seakayaker

Dan: Terrific photo! Beautiful color, texture and composition. Where did you take this?
Dan: Thanks. Yep, I picked it up from that pile of lenses at Glazers. It was on the bottom.
Dan: Thanks, again. My fav, too. Selling off my lenses...my wife wishes! Nope, keeping them all (until I sell them to buy something else).
Dan: Thanks. It's an unusual thing to see in this neighborhood.
Dan: Nicely composed. The relationship between that sign and the Space Needle's something I've captured before. Your take on it is great.
Dan: It shows up on my screen?

Cheers, Matt

1.) The photo was taken at the conner of Seneca & 8th. The building is kitty conner with the Town Hall. The painting can be see on the East wall of the derelict building, just pull into the hourly parking lot and you can not miss it. Just west of the Benaroya Research Institute building which is part of the Virgina Mason campus. It is a lovely piece of work.

2.) The only reason that lens was at the bottom of the pile is it is so big everything else was sitting on top of it!

3.) Yes, loved the grain on the violin, spectacular shot! . . . . . your wife is right by the way you should sell off your other lenses immediately. My suggestion is you sell them to folks who live close by at a reduced rate in case you need to borrow one. Just say'n . . . . .

4.) Yes it is a bit different, I just do not see to many statues and stone finished stone staircases in the Wallingford neighborhood. Outside one of the Pizza palors maybe . . . . . .

5.) Thanks for sharing your take on the 'Love & Loss' sculpture! Just love the B&W with the Red ampersand! Outstanding!

6.) Hey the photo of Ashwin is now showing.

. . . . . and if he is reaching for a lens he certainly has a pained look on his face, like he is saying, "Why am I going to touch this, I can't buy the darn thing. Come on stop showing me all these, I can't buy one every time I'm in the store."

Thanks for sharing.

mAlKhamis

Steve, thank you for your kind words, however i don't know i feel myself like a beginner between you guys, i'm still trying to get used to m9, glad you liked them thu, cheers my friend !

Eleanor, beautiful artistic set of the Arctic Ocean, well done!

Matt, the Pike Place Market set, is really lovely !

Proenca, the dog set is awesome, excellent job !

Dan, the Public art shot, Love and loss shots, great job man !! well done man !

Ashwin, thanks for introducing Matt and his amazing shots! really enjoyed it ! and sassy's shot's !! she is really photographic, beautiful expressions !!

David, liked your island of Symi shot, good job !

Oh ! guys, it seems that all cool Leica shooters are clustered in Seattle, where are the Californian guys !!! come on, should i move to Seattle then ;)

m_driscoll

1.) The photo was taken at the conner of Seneca & 8th. The building is kitty conner with the Town Hall. The painting can be see on the East wall of the derelict building, just pull into the hourly parking lot and you can not miss it. Just west of the Benaroya Research Institute building which is part of the Virgina Mason campus. It is a lovely piece of work.

2.) The only reason that lens was at the bottom of the pile is it is so big everything else was sitting on top of it!

3.) Yes, loved the grain on the violin, spectacular shot! . . . . . your wife is right by the way you should sell off your other lenses immediately. My suggestion is you sell them to folks who live close by at a reduced rate in case you need to borrow one. Just say'n . . . . .

4.) Yes it is a bit different, I just do not see to many statues and stone finished stone staircases in the Wallingford neighborhood. Outside one of the Pizza palors maybe . . . . . .

5.) Thanks for sharing your take on the 'Love & Loss' sculpture! Just love the B&W with the Red ampersand! Outstanding!

6.) Hey the photo of Ashwin is now showing.

. . . . . and if he is reaching for a lens he certainly has a pained look on his face, like he is saying, "Why am I going to touch this, I can't buy the darn thing. Come on stop showing me all these, I can't buy one every time I'm in the store."

Thanks for sharing.
Dan:
1. I'm going to have to drive up that way. :cool:
2. It did sink to the bottom. ;)
3. Not a bad idea. Certainly worth considering. :LOL:
4. There is a house at Meridian and 43rd with two stone lions. :D
5. Thanks. One of my slightly deeper forays into CS5 :)
6. A reasonable interpretation of that 'reach'. :D

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.