The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Woods

Mike, Always Great Street Work! # 1 Is Fantastic!
Thanks Guys :)

First post here - hope this works ;-)

M8.2 Zeiss 25mm f2.8 Biogon - Santa Monica beach at sunset.

Cheers,
Great opener Joe....more please!

+++3! Wonderful series Mike! My favorite is the second shot, two dog lovers finding out what they have in common, at least that is how I see it!

. . . . . or you might say, they see things pretty much black and white.
Thank you Dan.

Charles and Ash, thank you :)

Ash, another lovely set with great splashes of colour. Looking forward to your article for Steve....one of my daily reads :)

Regards

Mike

dude163

Ive been busy myself lately, rehab McGee, but Imanaged to enjoy our beautiful summer skies

where I work , this is from the parking lot!

rsolti13

Thanks for the comments all!

Dan - great flower series! The first one especially has excellent colors

Dan II - the 18 Distagon shot is excellent. You definitely made the most out of it

Joe - Great DC series. My favorite is from Reagan

Bill - Great capture of the lightning strike. I too find it very easy to do long exposures with the M9 when at infinity. Focusing closer at night with long exposures is another thing

Mike - great set from Poland. My favorite is definitely the of the father/son looking at eachother. Great capture!

Ashwin - excellent series from India! I like the slower speeds capturing the movements. Funny how when I first started shooting I was so dead set on getting everything 100% sharp and perfect. Obviously now it is more about the shot that is captured and I love the slightly out of focus, movement shots.

Some recent shots......

50 Cron

28 Cron

35 Lux

28 Cron

Lloyd

Here are a few oldies but goodies...writing an article for Steve Huff based on this series...your comments and criticism are greatly appreciated...

Presenting..."The Theyyams of India"

Very interesting series, Ashwin. I really like the somewhat dark processing. I think I would have been tempted to brighten everything up, and that would be wrong. I particularly like the last two of the "Advice" series. The look on the young woman's face in the first above is amazing.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Over the back fence and into the garden with the M8 and Zeiss 85/4 Tele-Tessar ZM:

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Mike Woods

Ryan, thank you. Really enjoyed the second series above, nighttime shots. The pano is lovely.

Benroy, great colour, especially the first. Another lens I'll have to check out :(

Mike

seakayaker

Dan, I see you and Matt frequent similar vistas...lovely running woman & Space Neele capture. Also love the flower caps...Discovery Park?
Ashwin, the location is ~ Myrtle Edwards Park ~ Seattle Waterfront.

FYI: ABOUT THE PARK
Myrtle Edwards Park has a 1.25-mile winding bike and pedestrian paths along Elliott Bay, fantastic views of the Olympics Mountains, Mount Rainier, and Puget Sound, easy access from downtown and easy connection to bike paths to Magnolia.

Olympic Sculpture Park
The Olympic Sculpture Park, adjacent to Myrtle Edwards park, is a vibrant, 8.5-acre green space where people can experience art outdoors.

seakayaker

Been on the road again all of last week. Plenty of catching up to do. Great shots all!

Thanks once again Dan! Am making the most of opportunity to use the camera when on the road (air?). I used Nik SEP2 with the "structure" bumped up and some dodge and burn. No HDR.

I'll be in town except for the coming July 4th weekend, so let me know, it will be great to hang out with both of you!!

------
Some pics on the way out for work last week. Thanks for looking :)

Joe

50Lux ASPH

28Cron, Reagan National on Friday, can't wait to fly home to the family!

90Summarit

Joe love the series, the shot above of all the people sitting on the edge of a fountain certainly brought back a flashback of being in grammer school and making a trip to the Nation's Capitol during the summer time. At some point during the long hot day, you just want to sit down and rest.

Great shot of Reagan National terminal! Love the detail and colors, just a fantastic shot.

. . . . . and the shot of your child, a beautiful capture!

Thanks for the response regarding the use of NIK software and do hope to catch up with you and Steve. I am on a Redeye tonight and will send out a email to you and steve regarding a good time to try and connect after the 4th.

Mike Woods

A couple more from Poland:

I must pay more attention to my positioning. Only noticed my reflection here after I'd finished editing :eek:

Regards

Mike

MountainJoe, great beach capture...Did you use a GND filter?
Thanks Ashwin - no GND as I didn't have one with me at the time ;-) I metered to just slightly clip the sun then used a GND in LR to tone down the sky and another to bring up the shadows in the fg. Good latitude in the M8 files so worked out pretty well :)

Mountainjoe, beautiful capture on the beach!!
Thanks Charles!

Thanks Guys :)

Great opener Joe....more please!

Regards

Mike
Thanks Mike - here's another from that trip, only different and in B&W :)

This is my niece graduating nursing college - my sister (her mom) is also a nurse and the hand reaching out to her is her grandmother (my mom) - also a nurse - that's three generations of nurses! My mom was overcome with emotion as was my niece. I was fortunate enough to capture this moment with the M8.2 and CV 35mm f1.2 (at f2.8 I think).

Hey Joe,

The richness of the fg on this shot works very well. Good stuff!
Thanks Steve! That's what I was going for - applied some tonal contrast to the shadows in the fg to bring out the texture and tones. I was hoping for more wave action but after standing there for some time and watching the light go, I went with the best I could get ;-)

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.