The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrice

Great look to all those shots Erik :)
Awesome street scenes Steve!
There are no doubt more for me to go back and look through but in a rush to post this then head to work.

18mm Distagon (@F/4 for all), M9, $8 Holga flash.

Last edited:

m_driscoll

I'm behind by six days! :eek:

Dan: Great set of flowers at Myrtle Edwards. The first is my favorite with the ship in the background. To my eye, the softer background colors in the other two work very well.
Daniel: A less "disappointing sky" would have taken focus away from the foreground. The water and the jumble of concrete bulkheads in the fore to mid-ground's pretty cool.
Joe: Great set of photos. I esp. like the color and the silhouettes in "Freight Train..." And, of course, the last one.
David: Great photo of the donkey. The yin Yang forms of the water and hillside and the centered donkey work for me.
Steve: Thank you kindly.
David: The colors in your Greece photos seem to have just the right tone to evoke the warmth and sun of the Eastern Med.
Bill: "Not-so-spectacular" lightning shot's really excellent. Love the composition and the tracery of lightning.
Mohammad: Thank you, sir.
Mike: I scrolled through you first Polish set and found this in Steve's following post: "Mike, Always Great Street Work! # 1 Is Fantastic!". I concur. The light/dark, the tilt, the barely distinguishable person, and the hint of color make an excellent composition.
Charles: Thanks.
Ashwin: You missed today's meeting a Glazer's! I hope you have a note from your Dr.? Also, thank you.
Ashwin: Great images. Create a "narrative" even withought text. Looking forward to the article and finding out what the "preparation" was for. I'm assuming something other then "Bollywood"?
Ryan: Really great set of photos!!!
Roy: Beautiful flowers. #3's color and tone appeal to me. Just read down and see that Lloyd likes that one also.
Mike: That's, occasionally, been my motto! Brilliant set as usual.
Joe: Congrats to your niece. Superb photo to capture the occasion. Wonderful smile.
Seascape: Well seen! No title needed.
Mohammad: Excellent pp. Great composition.
Robert: No apologies necessary. They're "cuties" and you take terrific photos of them. Something for you to look at when they're older. I'm glad i have photos of my daughter when she was this age.
Don: Those are awesome photos of the slot canyons. Lloyd's the expert, so, I'll certainly +1 his comment.

(through post #387)

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

I carried two cameras around the other day. Haven't done that in a while. It was fun.

1. M8.2; 75mm f/2; 1/2000s @ f/2; -2/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M8.2; 75mm f/2; 1/125s @ f/2; -2/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/1500s @ f/.95; ISO 160

4. M9; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/500s @ f/.95; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt.

CharlesK

Don, thank you for kind words and taking the time:)
Robert, Cool car shots!!
Yamas, nice set!
Mike, really nice street captures:)
Matt, amazing street set! Love those colours and richness to all of the shots:thumbup: Second set I love the 50 Nocti shots!
Steve, love those street portraits, "Friends revisited". Great stuff :thumbup:
Daniel, really nice set with ZM 18!!! Set at f/4 with a holga flash, a great P&S setup!!

Bangkok street shots with the M9 and 50 Lux Asph:)

shtarka1

I carried two cameras around the other day. Haven't done that in a while. It was fun.

1. M8.2; 75mm f/2; 1/2000s @ f/2; -2/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M8.2; 75mm f/2; 1/125s @ f/2; -2/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/1500s @ f/.95; ISO 160

4. M9; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/500s @ f/.95; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt.

First Image- Shoes,Dress & So Absorbed In Her Book.
Second-Tattoo, Hands & Belly!
Third-Well....You Know...;)
Fourth- Great Self Portrait!:eek::ROTFL:
Great Shooting Matt!

Mike Woods

Excellent set Charles! These 2 For Me & Thank You For The Above Comment!:)
Same for me, you really have posted some great portraits Charles.

Nice set Mike! Last one is cool!
+1 from me. Fun set Mike. You really have a great eye!
Mike: Very interesting street stuff...are you darkening the corners (or is this vignetting)? Old timers (like me) used to darken the corners of B&W portraits and landscapes.
Roy Benson
Thanks guys. Roy, vignetting added in pp.

Mike, The last two B&W shots are pure coolness, great job buddy!
Thanks very much :)

Erik...Killer,Awesome Set!
Agree, great set Erik.

Friend's Revisited...

M9, 50 Lux,90 Cron asph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ddTXpDUek
This is awesome. Inspirational shot for me, and the best I've seen (my genre) for some time. Lots of different interpretations, and I love it Steve!

Mike: I scrolled through you first Polish set and found this in Steve's following post: "Mike, Always Great Street Work! # 1 Is Fantastic!". I concur. The light/dark, the tilt, the barely distinguishable person, and the hint of color make an excellent composition.
Mike: That's, occasionally, been my motto! Brilliant set as usual.

Cheers, Matt.

Thank you Matt, always appreciate your time to comment.

Regards

Mike

ashwinrao1

Happy 4th of July to everyone. I have been away, so I am behind, but here are a couple to celebrate the occasion:

Status
Not open for further replies.