The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidE

A couple of shots from a recent trip to New York. I was able to walk around midtown Manhattan for part of the day (when I wasn't being rained on).

Both with the 24 lux.

ashwinrao1

Thanks to you all for the kind words. I had a smashing time last night hanging out with my friends, photo buddies, and the Glazers camera gang. All in all, about 100 people came through and enjoyed the show. Big thanks to my parents for coming from Cleveland to see it and be part of it. Big thanks as well to Glazers and Brad Weeks of Leica for helping to sponsor the event and trusting Al Tanabe and I to throw a good opening. I equipped my parents with a D-Lux 4, and myself with the M9 and 50 lux asph...here are a few takes from the show...It was great to see Matt D, Ed Tan, Kay Yang, and a few other GetDPI folks over there for the opening. It was equally exciting to meet new friends in the real world, who have come from near and far, including Satya and Dave B.... Obviously, great to share the images alongside those of Al Tanabe, another honored GetDPI member. Here are a few:

Parents Ready to capture the moment

Brad Weeks, NW Leica Rep and orchestrator of the party. Thanks, Brad!

Giving a tour....

Norah, one of my favorite Glazers employees and an awesome host, not to mention a great friend:

My other favorite, Mark V, Glazer's Leica guru and a great friend!

Havin' a good time with some M shooters:

The crowd came out...

New friends and old...

My pop's getting Excited

GetDPI gang...

Al Tanabe and my pop:

Lloyd

Lloyd: That would have been fun to see you and Mimi there. Al and Ashwin's photos are excellent! :D She's a Hasselblad film shooter (a very good one); so, it was the only camera there that wouldn't burn her hands! :LOL: ;)

Here's one of Nora w/o the "dinosaur bone", and, one of Ashwin in color (I like it even with the "tongue" ;) ).

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Wish we'd been there. But thanks for allowing us to experience it vicariously. Nice shot of Nora (ok, and Ashwin) too.

Lloyd

A couple of shots from a recent trip to New York. I was able to walk around midtown Manhattan for part of the day (when I wasn't being rained on).

Both with the 24 lux.

Two more from NYC with the 24 lux.

Very nice (as always) David. These two really stand out for me. :salute:

Is the shot of the woman reading selective color, or was her dress really that spot on the same as the bench?

Lloyd

Thanks to you all for the kind words. I had a smashing time last night hanging out with my friends, photo buddies, and the Glazers camera gang. All in all, about 100 people came through and enjoyed the show. Big thanks to my parents for coming from Cleveland to see it and be part of it. Big thanks as well to Glazers and Brad Weeks of Leica for helping to sponsor the event and trusting Al Tanabe and I to throw a good opening. I equipped my parents with a D-Lux 4, and myself with the M9 and 50 lux asph...here are a few takes from the show...It was great to see Matt D, Ed Tan, Kay Yang, and a few other GetDPI folks over there for the opening. It was equally exciting to meet new friends in the real world, who have come from near and far, including Satya and Dave B.... Obviously, great to share the images alongside those of Al Tanabe, another honored GetDPI member. Here are a few:
Big congrats, Ashwin. Looks like a terrific time all around.

And thanks for sharing these shots. Love the one of your parents, and the one of you and Matt, in particular.

DavidE

Like the sign says, it's Pennsylvania Station (24 lux).

What!!! I'm not supposed to go down the up escalator??? Who knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.