The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Woods

"Pure"

M9, 50 Lux asph
Love it Steve!

Mike, i so enjoyed your wedding set, as well as Further reductions and young attitudes beautiful stories !
Thank you, much appreciated :)

Mohammad, Great View,Perspective & PP & Thank You!

Luka, More Show Stopping Photography With Excellent Presentation!

Edwin, Love The PJ Style, Processing & Human Element Displayed! Well Done!
+1 to all that Steve said, great stuff!

mike - great capture of a quiet moment of thought
Thanks Steve.

Mike: I agree with Bill CB, great tones - and subjects in those Poland shots. Terrific series from the wedding too. And your street shots, are always terrific. You have an amazing eye and great timing.
Thanks Lloyd - always appreciate you taking the time to comment.

More lovely stuff, David. I particularly like this - which continues the theme of isolating subjects.

Regards

Mike

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Here is one from a couple of days ago at the beach, late afternoon. M9, WATE at 21mm, approximately f/11, 1/500. If you click on the image you can see how sharp this lens is. The thumbnail doesn't really do it justice.

I have sometimes thought I could get away without a viewfinder but this was done with the Leica 18/21, which works great with the WATE. The two frame lines are 18 and 21 on the WATE and the edges of the finder are 16mm. Smaller and easier to use than the Frankenfinder.

ashwinrao1

Mate I cannot for the life of my understand how someone other than a full time traveller can get out and shoot as many places as you do...sweet work btw
LOL. I try, Kristian. Thankfully, working at a university affords 25 days of vacation plus school holidays, so I try to use most of those days for travel....

Creatively using my time, hahah...

Best,
Ashwin

mAlKhamis

Steve, Steve(sjg284), and Lloyd, thank you so much for the kind words, really glad that you like it guys, cheers!

Luka, beautiful sets for Mesa Verde, Arches, Canyonlands, breath taking and inspiring !! well done !

Edwin, I so liked the stories of your set from Bon Odori 2011, excellent processing, great job !

Ashwin, your first shot of the last set with 35 nokton of the father and son looking to the horizon is so warm and intimate, well done my friend !

DavidE, loved your set from NYC trip, you have really demonstrated the qualities of 24 lux with your art, cheers!

Mike, I liked your first shot from the last set with women and the british flag, it just reminded of my childhood in the UK under the rain, good job buddy !

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Mohammad, Mike, Ashwin, Steve - lots of great stuff as usual. And thanks Lloyd - I do enjoy posting here but I've been doing mostly MF work recently, so less to show in this thread.

But I continue to be inspired by you "regulars"!

Bill

CharlesK

Steve, great street shots with the 50 Lux:thumbup:
Mohammad, love that B&W shot:)
Luka, superb series:thumbs:
Ashwin, excellent set! The shot with the CV 35/1.2 is outstanding...just love the mood to the shot:)
David E, Great set....love the composition and lighting:thumbup:
Mike, Really nice street captures! Great PP'ing. My fav is shot #2, how almost the point of focus is on the woman, yet there is a lot going on:)

Shots with 75 Lux:)

Shots with the 28 Cron Asph:)

dude163

thanks for the kind words, Ive been shooting Takumars on pentax lately ( dont want to bring an M8 in a canoe!) be back soon

kevin2i

Wow, too bad you only had a camera for street work and b/w . . .
:D

Thanks a lot for the comments guys! :) And great shots!

Here's the next set - Mesa Verde NP, Arches NP, Canyonlands NP

[/CENTER]
Are you using a UV filter? Nice resolution.

kevin2i

First Shots - New M

New M9, Nice to be back shooting M's. And thanks to Steve (Kuau) for the effortless transaction.

Missing Posts -
I thought I posted a few shots yesterday, but my post dissapeared. Lloyd mentioned my shots at the end of the 'old' M images were beyond the 100 mark, and should be moved to the new post. I'll try this one more time (apologies if they get ddoubble posted.)

Summicron III. Amazing little performer. All LR, no PS. N. California Photos:

Ladera Winery (East of St. Helena - away from the crowds, highly recommended!)

North of Petaluma

And a little color (75/lux) . . . .

Lloyd

Here is one from a couple of days ago at the beach, late afternoon. M9, WATE at 21mm, approximately f/11, 1/500. If you click on the image you can see how sharp this lens is. The thumbnail doesn't really do it justice.

I have sometimes thought I could get away without a viewfinder but this was done with the Leica 18/21, which works great with the WATE. The two frame lines are 18 and 21 on the WATE and the edges of the finder are 16mm. Smaller and easier to use than the Frankenfinder.
Very nice, Alan. Tack sharp indeed. I'm a fan of that WATE, but not of the Frankenfinder. Good idea using the 18/21.

Status
Not open for further replies.