The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwinrao1

Robert, these images are stellar....your look is maturing and your use of selective DOF is excellent, espeically in the pics of your 2 daughters....the first pic is spot on...Are you using a Sonnar-C 50 for these?

Yes, I took my M8 to the beach with 2 little kids :) ( My wife was worried, so I told her , we had better be careful then :p)

My Daughters found a snail that was half smashed by the birds, so they tried to help it

The Guardian
She chased away a seagull that kept returning, about a dozen+ times

Super shot dude!

Cheers,

Today's fun, at the Scottish Highland Games....

Big guys carrying and throwing bigger logs, M9 and 90 APO-'Cron:
Love the intensity in this shot Ashwin - nice!

They run these games here where I live in "Scott's Valley" as the area was established by Scottish settlers. After seeing these I will definitely have to go next time around :)

Cheers,

Strolled around Capitola today - overcast and gray but tried to make the best of it - just some casual shots as I am still coming to grips with RF and these lenses in particular.

Mr.Cool: Zeiss 50mm f1.5 Sonnar - getting to really like this lens!

Father & Daughter: CV 35mm f1.2 - also like this lens once I got the focus shift adjusted. Love the fatherly presence here - understated but tangible ;-)

Capitola: CV again.

The Big Kahuna: CV again.

Thanks for looking.

m_driscoll

Ashwin: Thanks! :D See you on Sat.
Ashwin: Excellent first set from the Highland Games. Perfect timing on the first two. And, a good impression of Mike in the second set! The last one is my favorite. The woman on the right's perfect. BTW: did you try the 'haggis'? Beautiful shots of Rainier. The second's maybe a little too grainy for me, ehh? :thumbup:
Daniel: Brilliant as usual! You using Nik HDR Effex Pro? The saturated one isn't quite your 'style'; but, it's great. Probably my favorite of the set. It's seems unusual for you to have the foreground OOF? :salute:
Lloyd: Ashwin and Steve did say it better then me.
Steve: Thank you, sir! :D
Steve: You've captured, with empathy, a look into three lives. Texture, lines, and framing very nice.
Steve: Terrific pp and composition in "On The fence..."
Esmallits: Like my buddy Lloyd, I like the second one.
Mike: That's not coffee? Lovely composition and tone.
Mike: Where were you on Sat. night? The first and last are my favorites. Excellent tone and framing.
Robert: Nice photos of the girls and the gull.
Joe: Mr. cool's cool! :cool: Excellent set. Capitola looks pretty interesting.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Peter Klein

Matt: Wow, those cirrus clouds in #2 (especially) look like fantastic flying Japanese paper cranes, made out of cloudstuff! And the rainbow bokeh in #3 has some real possibilities--try it with distant lights at night. Also love the Seattle Center fountain photos. They also point up an Achilles heel of digital--highlights can go "splat" instead of gently fading to white, unless you underexpose and hope you've got enough info in the low end to bring up. But you know what? One of my favorites is #7, where they do blow out, but you've picked up the coating of mist around the fountain, and the posterization makes it look surreal.

Ashwin: That Scottish he-man festival must have been a real trip. Some seriously burly guys there. Were you the doc on call in case one of them ruptured himself picking up those heavy utility poles?

Daniel: Just breathtaking!

Mike: That guy looking up looks like Curly, of Moe Larry and Curly. Great catch. And the blue people, er, um, well, you know what I mean. "Hi-visibility tabard" is a perfect color composition.

--Peter

ashwinrao1

HEy guys, thanks (Matt, Peter, Joe, et al). Matt, thanks for the constructive feedback. I need it. I sometimes love me my grain a bit too much. Working on getting a film look, but this tends to overgrain the skies moreso that film.....

The Scottish festival was fueled by some serious testosterone, for sure!

Great work above from Matt (some of those scenes...seem so familiar...deja vu) and Ed (great work at the Torchlight...missed it this year, think I like the macy's composition the best, with its strong linear lines). I didn't realize that you had acquired an FLE...

Joe, what a lovely and colorful series of images from you. Great stuff.

thrice

Thanks Mike, Ashwin, Robert, Matt, Joe and Peter :)

Matt: great clouds and composition in that cityscape pano! I'm using Enfuse, it is donation driven software and richly deserves a healthy donation, it does HDR (and alignment if necessary) nothing more, nothing less. And it does it right. As for the out of focus foreground, I assume you mean the 75 Cron shot? I think that was f/8.0 anyway, alas there is no option for tilt (and no way to predict the effect) on an M.

Mike: I like the Tall Ships shot, really digging the processing as well, suits the subject :) I also like the "looking up" shot which Lloyd commented on, great capture.

Robert: great light! looks like intermittent clouds and early morning/late afternoon?

Joe: I really like the capitola shot, reminds me of Loader street in cape town. The CV 35/1.2 is a heck of a lens.

Ed: nice to see the veiling flare of the 35 lux used creatively :p it used to just spoil my shots. When I get the FLE I'll be sure to try and put the flare to better use than in the past :)

dude163

Hi Daniel, it was actually around 630 PM , with our skin tones the later the better!

Plus the light is better too!

Status
Not open for further replies.