The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwinrao1

Twas a beautiful day and lush sunset here in Seattle, so I headed out to the sound for a few photos...

Shadow and Hat...

Conjurer....

Sunset off Pier 70...

Chair Study

Hi guys!

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Peter: Thank you, sir! :D The splat is a problem that I occasionally get; especially with fast glass.
Ed: Cool. I especially like the first one.
Daniel: Thanks for the info. I had Enfuse once. I'll check it out again. I did mean the 75mm.
Esmallits: Nice 'street'!
Steve/Lloyd/Mike: Thanks! :D
Mike: Superb pp. Cool train! I finally found the three dogs, and, I really had to look for the gorilla.
griffin: Good look at the Haight.
Steve: Brilliant photos! Silhouettes, water, bit of pink cloud, and that tiny kite. Love the tiny kite. Both are easy to like, but, the first is my favorite. (I, also, thought it was one shot!)
Steve: Composition and pp in "Not Now Mister..." are excellent.
Steve: Hitting the 'mean streets' with Joe. Looks like fun.
Ed: Thank you, sir!
Charles: Thanks. :D Excellent portrait. The grey-green wall and the wood slats really set off her coloring. Her body tilt and the angle of the wall help to bring the eye to her face.
Ashwin: Terrific portrait (he looks just like you?). The hat and chair photos are very cool. My prefs., in order: #7, #5, #1, #4, #3, #6, & # 2 (IMHO).

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Ashwin: I can't keep up! All four are excellent. 'White Spot', caber, daisies, and Steve Huff. Hard to chose. I'm going with the daisies. Nice relationship between the three parts of the composition. :thumbup: Oops, and the Leica shot. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

seakayaker

Kerry Park, looking Southeast, and Marshall Park, looking Southwest. Thanks for looking.

2. M9-P; 35mm f/2; 1/3000s; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt.

Very nice Matt - love those clouds - never seen any quite like that.

Cheers,
Matt: Wow, those cirrus clouds in #2 (especially) look like fantastic flying Japanese paper cranes, made out of cloudstuff! And the rainbow bokeh in #3 has some real possibilities--try it with distant lights at night. Also love the Seattle Center fountain photos. They also point up an Achilles heel of digital--highlights can go "splat" instead of gently fading to white, unless you underexpose and hope you've got enough info in the low end to bring up. But you know what? One of my favorites is #7, where they do blow out, but you've picked up the coating of mist around the fountain, and the posterization makes it look surreal.

--Peter
Matt: great clouds and composition in that cityscape pano! I'm using Enfuse, it is donation driven software and richly deserves a healthy donation, it does HDR (and alignment if necessary) nothing more, nothing less. And it does it right. As for the out of focus foreground, I assume you mean the 75 Cron shot? I think that was f/8.0 anyway, alas there is no option for tilt (and no way to predict the effect) on an M.
Cool, Funky Clouds With Strong Contrast! Nice Looks & Set Matt!
Matt: Very nice set. Like that third one, of the couple on the bench, especially.
Lovely series Matt, but that last one is beautiful.

Mike
Matt, great set with the Seattle water fountains!
+++++++ a whole bunch!

Matt, let me join the rest of the crew! Fantastic rendering of the view at Kerry Park! Love the Black & White post processing!

ashwinrao1

Agreed, that's one of the best Kerry Park shots I have ever seen, Matt. I'll hadd another notable positive on that one!

seakayaker

. . . . . Wow, just not enough time in the day to catch up with everyone's great shots! . . . . . keep 'em coming . . . . .

Anyway a few from the Steve Huff Seattle Workshop . . . . .

The Other Workshop Participants

. . . . . from the go ask a stranger to take a picture . . . . .

Robert

The Photographer

. . . . . and finally

Go Fly a Kite

The first three taken with the 50 Lux and the last with the 24 Elmar

Mike Woods

Mike, your photos are always so sharp! Really like the cooffee shot.
Cheers Ed.

++3!

Agree with Steve all three are fantastic, I love the the lines, shapes, and scale in the first shot, very pleasing to my eye!
Thanks Dan.

Fantastic, Mike!
Too kind, thanks Ash.

Mike, great street captures, three dogs and a gorilla!!

Street shot from Bangkok with the 50 Lux:)

Thank you Charles, and what a lovely portrait.

Chair Study
Just beautiful!

Mike: Superb pp. Cool train! I finally found the three dogs, and, I really had to look for the gorilla.
Cheers, Matt.

LOL, makes a change for me to be so subtle :)

. . . . .

Wow, Dan - stand out image for me. Fantastic subject isolation and great PP. Really like this :thumbs:

Mike

shtarka1

. . . . . Wow, just not enough time in the day to catch up with everyone's great shots! . . . . . keep 'em coming . . . . .

Anyway a few from the Steve Huff Seattle Workshop . . . . .

The Photographer

. . . . . and finally

Go Fly a Kite

The first three taken with the 50 Lux and the last with the 24 Elmar

Stunning Work On Both Ends Of The Spectrum Dan!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.