The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwinrao1

A few from deep storage. Working on some different "looks" to color processing", hope that you guys enjoy these outtakes, b-sides, what have you...

m_driscoll

Charles: Thanks!
Ed: Vigilance is our best defense against illegal parkers! Well seen.
Joe: Very cool set! Excellent technique for getting these photos. #3's my fav.
Steve: I missed the "doughboy". Maybe France is that way, too!
Steve: Thanks!
MohammedT: Really beautiful photo! Smooth IQ and tone.
Dan: Oops, wrong war! Maybe the Chosin is in that direction?
Dan: Thanks! That'd be a great drive on a bike (human driven, even).
Ed: Thank you!
Rayyan: Superb tone and composition. Great lens. I just bought one.
Jeff: Wow, that looks like fun. Nicely photographed.
Rayyan: Thank you, sir!
Rayyan: Nice use of shadow and contrast.
Esmallits: The first one's my favorite: sky, B & W, and more context.
Robert: Ditto to what Dan said!
Dan (SLUG): Nice captures! Great color and detail. Very cool flower shot.
Ashwin (SLUG): 1st set - A resident left over from the old days? :LOL: The first and the last are my favorites. Framing, angle, lines, and pp.
2nd set - All are excellent! #2 seems evocative of Sedro Wolley's Mental Hospital past.
Mike: Good "eye"! Why apologize? They don't make Detroit Iron like that anymore. '57 or '58 Chevy Bel Air? Anybody else?
Ashwin: Thanks, buddy!
Ed (SLUG): Really outstanding! #1 (reflections and ephemeral interior) and #7 (tone and weirdness) are my favorites.
Ed/Dan: Thank you both. Thing are getting better.
Rayyan: Like an explorer passing through, capturing a bit of the life and character of the moment. :salute:
Robert: Very "disco"! Super photo.
Mohammad: One of the all time best dog photos! Really.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Lovely set Matt, but this one stands out for me :thumb up:
Mike
Mike: Thanks! :D It's a really impressive all-in-one machine.

From a steam rally this weekend, M8/50 'lux:

Thanks for looking.
Regards
Mike
Mike: #2 (juxtaposition/detail), #5 (brilliant B & W!), and # 6 (focus/subject isolation) (composition for all three) are my favorites. :thumbs:

M8/lux 35 asph
Rayyan: Nice jammies, sweet moment, neat pp. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Magical Light & Composition Matt!
Steve: Thank you! :D

Matt, these are 2 of my favorite images from you, period. I need to get out to the Palouse. How far from Seattle did it take to get to these sites?
Best,
Ashwin
Ashwin: Thank a lot! :D About 4-1/2 to 5 hrs. Between 5 to 30 miles North of Walla Walla. You could combine wine tasting and photography? I'm no expert, but, I'm guessing that the next several weeks will see through the harvesting. I saw three crews working on Saturday. Probably more during the week. Check out this cool site: http://thepalouseguy.com/

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

A few from deep storage. Working on some different "looks" to color processing", hope that you guys enjoy these outtakes, b-sides, what have you...

Ashwin: "B-sides"? :ROTFL: Definitely not! #1 and #3 have an "I was there" quality that works well with that pp. #2, #6, and #7 are very graphic. #6 is especially cool with the similar lines of the sleeping man and the boats. The kids and the glaring man are exceptional photos with perfect pp. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Peter Klein

CharlesK

Edtan, awesome set from the "flares and shadows" and "shadow makers"!!
Joe, great set from the airport! I really like the composition of light and shadows:)
Steve, great atmosphere in the shot "over there" :)
Matt, great shot of the harvester!!! Wow...the last set are stunning!!! Beautiful control of exposure and lighting to add to the mood. :thumbup:
Mohammad, beautiful shot of the sunshine city. Excellent PP'ing! Love the gaze beneath you too:)
rayyan, love the composition of the 5 kids looking down the valley, and haunting image of the woman by the hut! Very nice portrait and PP'ing.
esmallits, very nice shots! My fav is the B&W with the CV 12mm.
Robert, beautiful moments captured of your daughter!
Dan, Ashwin, Ed, superb set from Sedro Wooly!!! :thumbs:
Mike, love the set from the "stream rally"
Ashwin, magical set from the vault!!! These shots are stunning and love the style of PP'ing that so suits the atmosphere.:thumbup:
Peter, great night work captures!!!

Shot with the 75 Lux and M9:)
"Afternoon Shower"

Last edited:

m_driscoll

A few more processed from tonight's digging through the vault
& one ghostly one...
Ashwin: IMHO - #1: I hate to say it; but, clone out the red bucket, or crop more foreground out? Cool perspective distortion. #2: Perfect light, shadow and comp...my favorite. #3: I love the gradations in light and tone. However, the gaping arch on the right spoils it for me. The left wall needs the sense of continuation that the arcade on the right has. #4: Wonderful color and light. Maybe a little straighter? Probably would ruin the proportions of the pilaster to the right? Seems slightly heavy at top? #5: Really nice. Excellent proportions.

Cheers, Matt

Mike Woods

Matt, Rayyan, Ed, Steve, Ash, Mohammed and Charles - thank you all for your kind comments.

Ash, great stuff again - that's some vault you have there :)

Charles, loving 'Afternoon Shower' - beautifully captured moment and composition.

Mike

ps Matt, forgot to mention...it was a Bel Air, sorry don't know the year - well spotted!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.