The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

edtan

I spent the yesterday with my 12mm Voigtlander. This lens is really, really wide. It's a miracle that it forms an image. You don't need a viewfinder - just assume that it gets everything. What's in focus? Everything. I processed in C1 using the lcc feature to eliminate color castes and most of the light fall off (C1 lets you dial back the light fall off compensation which looks more natural for wide wide shots). Exposure compensation was set at +1 to get enough light into the corners that the lcc compensation has something to work with.

Great use and skill in PP of the 12mm!
Thanks for sharing the details too.

edtan

Steve, Matt, Lloyd, Ashwin: Thanks.
Light beams and reflections at St. Ignatius Chapel, Seattle University.
M9/35 FLE

Orange beam of light from the ceiling.

Reflections on the Font of the Baptistry.

St. Ignatius Chapel on the Reflecting Pool.

Critique invited and greatly appreciated.
Regards, Ed

dude163

I have a few more from the kite festival, if I am flooding the forum, let me know

f16 1/20th of a second, conversion to JPG kind of ruins the colours a bit , but Im not uploading a 10MP file :)

At the kite festival there was an area of Mobiles and Wind sculptures, and someone had made this one that was a Native American one ( Cherokee , or Ojibwa , I forgot)

I turned the shot B+W because it reminds me of B+W shots of the American Southwest I saw in a book as a kid in the UK

Lloyd

Steve, Matt, Lloyd, Ashwin: Thanks.
Light beams and reflections at St. Ignatius Chapel, Seattle University.
M9/35 FLE

Critique invited and greatly appreciated.
Regards, Ed
Wow, Ed. You are ROCKIN' IT lately. Very nice. Love that second shot in particular.

Lloyd

I have a few more from the kite festival, if I am flooding the forum, let me know

f16 1/20th of a second, conversion to JPG kind of ruins the colours a bit , but Im not uploading a 10MP file :)

At the kite festival there was an area of Mobiles and Wind sculptures, and someone had made this one that was a Native American one ( Cherokee , or Ojibwa , I forgot)

I turned the shot B+W because it reminds me of B+W shots of the American Southwest I saw in a book as a kid in the UK
Yes Robert, you're flooding the thread. Please continue! :thumbup:

Nice ones yet again. That first one is very kewl. :salute:

ashwinrao1

Ed, marvelous pics at the church....the light there is amazing, and you've captured it so well...You are on a roll!

Matt, more Palouse Magic...

Eaglewood, nice colors and angles...

ashwinrao1

Some from a recent stroll wiht SLUGgers, Ed and Al...

M9 and 50 mm C-Sonnar....

1. Flowers

2. Almost all in...

3. Massage mantra...

4. Lavender...

5. Old timers (separate stroll, when I wasn't quite a SLUG)

m_driscoll

I spent the yesterday with my 12mm Voigtlander. This lens is really, really wide. It's a miracle that it forms an image. You don't need a viewfinder - just assume that it gets everything. What's in focus? Everything. I processed in C1 using the lcc feature to eliminate color castes and most of the light fall off (C1 lets you dial back the light fall off compensation which looks more natural for wide wide shots). Exposure compensation was set at +1 to get enough light into the corners that the lcc compensation has something to work with.

Woody, like the "Sprint" Shot for reflections, multiple dimensions & IQ! Nice.
+1. Love the results with that lens. Very impressive.
Woody - that 12 mm of the Sprint building looks great! Fantastic post processing of those images, the edge cutoff is almost non existent
Great use and skill in PP of the 12mm!
Thanks for sharing the details too.
Very cool image Woody! Cheers,
Woody: What they said! :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Matt, love the first shot for it's perspective, tone & detail. The entire set is " Take Me Home Country Road", Excellent!
Big plus 1 from me, Matt. :thumbup:
Great shot of the combine Matt...
Matt - Great series on the Palouse!
Love the gradation on the horizon.
Not quite "Rule of Thirds" makes this a dynamic image.
Regards, Ed.
Matt, more Palouse Magic...
Steve/Lloyd/Robert/Al/Ed/Ashwin: Thank you, gentlemen! :D:)

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Some from a recent stroll wiht SLUGgers, Ed and Al...

M9 and 50 mm C-Sonnar....

1. Flowers

5. Old timers (separate stroll, when I wasn't quite a SLUG)
Some crazy bokeh on that first one Ashwin! Nice composition on the last one - my favorite from this set.

Keep working that Sonnar - great stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.