The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice hat series Mike - the first one is fantastic! I'm waiting to get a 90mm elmarit (from Ashwin) and hope I can do as well with it ;-).

Cheers,

Mike Woods

Thank you Robert :)

Thanks Joe, I did see Ash put it up for sale and wondered if you'd bought it! I'm sure you will love it.

Mike

ashwinrao1

Joe's gonna rock that lens ;)....

It's all packed up in its box, ready to ship ;)....For me, I'll be relegated to the 90 APO cron until I wish my way to another lens hahah...

ashwinrao1

Wanted to share some more from the 90 Elmarit-M which I took for a proper spin today. I have to say I'm absolutely delighted with this lens. Sharp, lovely OOF rendering and handles really nicely.

Today's theme is hats :) All wide open on the M8.

And this is what happens if you don't wear one:

Regards

Mike
Great hat, great series, great processing, Mike!

jeffnesh

Steve, Ashwin, Matt, Joe, Mike...thanks for the comments on the sculpture. It was hard to wrap my head around a good capture, glad you liked...

Comments behind and probably out of order:

RF - Like the Acadia lake/cliff series...headed to the north shore of Lake Superior this weekend and hope to get some similar shots.
Daniel - LOVE what you're doing with the Zeiss and filters...beautiful work.
Matt - I really like the grain elevators, especially the b&w rendering.
Steve - loved the cemetery shots with the Noct...especially 4 & 5. Great DOF, grain and light.
Mike - The castle shot with the 90 cron is great, but the girl in the read hat is my favorite so far!
Ashwin, the last sonnar shot of the Guild 45 sign is special.
Dude, the girls chasing the rabbit is beautifully rendered and a humorous shot!

So many great pics, coming so fast, I can't keep up!

Thanks,
Jeff

Joe's gonna rock that lens ;)....

It's all packed up in its box, ready to ship ;)....For me, I'll be relegated to the 90 APO cron until I wish my way to another lens hahah...
Thanks Ashwin! - I'm going to Zion and Bryce in two weeks and really needed something longer than 50mm - can't wait to try it out.:D

Joe

shtarka1

Today's theme is hats :) All wide open on the M8.

And this is what happens if you don't wear one:

Regards

Mike
Mike, # 1 is so sharp,contrasty & superb! # 2 is One Bad Momma! 3 is another great catch with 3d iq & awesome cowlick sticking up!:D I tip my Hat to you!:)

W

Wozza604

Nice hat series Mike - the first one is fantastic! I'm waiting to get a 90mm elmarit (from Ashwin) and hope I can do as well with it ;-).

Cheers,
Joe, you'll love the 90mm Elmarit-M! Very sharp, nice bokeh and among the best when it comes to Leica build quality!

thrice

Thanks Jeff.

Wow Mike, those are great shots with the 90 Elmarit! I think Ashwin is letting one of those lenses go at the moment :|

Mike Woods

Wow, thanks for all the comments guys - glad you enjoyed them. One more before I leave you in peace for a couple of weeks whilst I enjoy some vacation time.

Again wide open on the Elmarit-M:

Regards

Mike

RF_Licks

Thanks for the comments, Ash, Matt, Steve, Robert, Jeff :)

Matt, excellent shots from Waitsburg! Love the perspective and B&W pp on the 1st one with the 24Lux.
Mike, congrats on the 90 Elmarit. I like the first 2 test shots, really nice. The street shots are also excellent.
Wozza, nice to see you here. Great catch on that 1st shot with the 35CV.
Ash, another fine set with the Sonnar! #1 is my favorite from this set.
Robert, cute shots of the kids!
esmaltis, nice winter scenes with the CV 35 1.2. Love the 3rd shot with the flare.

------
Acadia was an excellent family vacation spot for us. There were enough activities at Bar Harbor and surroundings for the wife and kid while most of the beautiful scenery can be accessed within 15-30 min drive if you stay close to Bar Harbor. Will definitely want to return again at some point.

Joe

A few more with the 28Cron.

Otter Cliff

Bubble Pond

Cadillac Mountain

RF_Licks

Thanks Robert. You should give the 28Cron a test drive at some point. Not everyone's favorite focal length on full frame but other than it vignettes a fair bit wide open, a tad of distortion and is prone to flare, this lens is a real workhorse at least for me.

Joe

edtan

Wow, thanks for all the comments guys - glad you enjoyed them. One more before I leave you in peace for a couple of weeks whilst I enjoy some vacation time.

Again wide open on the Elmarit-M:

Regards

Mike
Another nice one to "cap off":D the series.

edtan

It's been a busy week-end and a kickoff to a busy fall sports season (for me, that means Seahawks, UW Husky sports coverage). I will try to keep up with the thread, but I'll apologize if my contributions become infrequent at times. Just know that I am thinkin' of ya, and if you all are out there wanting to stroll with me, I'll be on the road 4 more times with the Seahawks....(email me, and I'll let you know where).

Speaking of travel with the Seahawks, I was in Denver this week-end...tough loss, but thankfully, it's the preasason.....man am I bushed, but I got 2 photo strolls and over 400 images in....

3 Organic captures..., whatever that means...

Ashwin:Nice work!! Especially like the shadows and colors in this one.

Mike Woods

Thanks Steve, Joe and Ed.

Joe, lovely series with the 28, especially that last one - looks like waves crashing onto the shore.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.