The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude163

Trying out some different PP techniques . 2 shots from the winter carnival that I liked but didnt like the way they looked ( does that make sense?)

B+W with a red filter it sort of looks 3D , well to me it does

Desaturation with grain added , my daughter picked this one out of the 3 different ones I did because: " it looks like the olden days" . Gotta love 4 year old'd truth

dude163

Morning Ced
this is in lightroom 3

brightness +10
contrast +25
clarity +43 ( Im very precise, that was where i clicked , lol)
saturation -45

white balance to Shade
tint set to -22

tone curve at medium contrast
highlights +92
lights -3
darks -24
shadows +33

ced

Robert thanks for the info regarding colour, would you liken it to cross processing in chemical jargon(do you have past experience with that)?
KR

dude163

I would, and Im old enough that I should have experience with the chemicals, but alas photography was too expensive when i was younger and I couldnt afford it :(

SO of course once I grew up I bought a Leica........

I forgot to mention that I added Heavy Grain from one of the LR presets

ced

Thanks Robert and well I really like the image, it is worth trying on some images of my own. If I have some success I will post for your critique.
I also have an icc. profile that I made some time back that I will post for comparison and that you may appreciate.
All the best till then.

ced

Village Codgers, the man behind bars in the bar as it were was my family, now retired doctor.
I guess finally he has time on his hands to partake in a tipple :rolleyes:
M9-28mm f2.8 EL.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Cenek: Love the shot of the skier. Very nice.

Wozza: Wow. Love those shots in the woods. That second one with the sun star in particular.

Gary: Beautiful color. Nicely done.

Bruno: Some wonderfully photojournalistic work here. Nice in B/w and color.

Robert: More nice work. Love the fence shot especially. Great post processing too.

Mike: Thanks for braving the cold to get this shot. Quite the optical illusion... well seen and captured... as always.

ced: Excellent work. Looks like relaxing is a good time in your village.

Lloyd

A couple variations on a theme from today. My wife likes the second version. I'm not so sold on that one.

M8, CV75/2.5 Heliar @ f2.8:

Tone-mapped

ced

Lloyd thanks, the villagers here don't take enough time out, all chasing the buck but when retired I guess they let their hair down(even they don't have much left).
I like the 1st. wood barrier but maybe a compromise for the 2 maybe B&W attached my take with your permission.

Last edited:

BillN

M8 plus Zeiss Biogon 28mm ZM
half a sec at f2.8 and ISO 320 - (had to use the widest stop as the image was taken hand held resting on a post)

M8 again with the 28mm ZM
a (bigish) crop this time plus a few "twiddles" in LR
ISO 160

paulwr

Newcomer to the forum, hello to everyone. I was turned on to the forum by Ashwin, who I met at the recent Steve Huff workshop in LA.

Ashwin, hope you are doing well.

Paul

A few recent ones with M9 + 35 Lux.

Status
Not open for further replies.