The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian S

A test shot with a new $55 Ebay lens, after disassembling and shimming.

A 1952 KMZ Jupiter-12 35/2.8, with a Serial Number stamped into the rear optics showing it from a 1943 batch of Zeiss Biogons.

Wide-Open at F2.8, on the Leica M9.

Again, F2.8

100% crop:

I have shot with 8 or so J-12's, never had one this sharp. I suspect it is a Zeiss lens made into LTM after the war. I can verify that it fits on both the M9 and M8.

(Apologies in advance)

I guess the Russians marked them Jupiters because they could not let Biogons be Biogons...

CharlesK

Lloyd, great captures!!! Thor looks dangerous:)
Brian, beautiful flower shots!
Nomad, love that first shot:)

Shots from this afternoon with the 75 Lux @f/1.4 and ND at Rainbow beach:)

Last edited:

Lloyd

Global Nomad: Beautiful set. Welcome to the forum!

Brian: Impressive work with that vintage lens. Don't know what more one could ask.

Charles: Love your beach shots. And your taste in subjects matches mine perfectly!! ;)

rayyan

Charles...you seem to be at peace with your 75/1.4. Wonderful and varied effects on dislay.

Brian...Lovely display. Biogons, meant to be. In the stars!!

Best.

Lloyd

Thanks for all the comments on my shots just above. Much appreciated.

One more from the weekend:

M8, 90 Elmarit:

Lloyd

My best to the father and the daughter.. Keeper, if ever there was one!

As for THOR..the Normans and the Saxons better watch out!! Here he comes!! Wonderful catch there Lloyd.:thumbs:

Regards.
Many thanks, my friend. Best to you.

Mike Woods

Very nice Lloyd. I hope to give my 90 a workout soon now I have the M9 - it never felt right on the M8 somehow.

Talking of the M9, a few early attempts from its first outing yesterday with the 50 'lux:

Mike

Lloyd

Wow! Impressive work, Mike. Love the last of the first group especially, and the first two of the landscape set are simply breathtaking!

Lloyd

A couple more.

The Farmer's daughter (M8, 28 Cron) She warned me I'd better be good, or she'd show me what those things could do!:eek::

The Farmer's daughters (the white specks are paint splatters). M8, 90 Elmarit:

CharlesK

Rayyan, Lloyd and Geortech, thank you!!

Lloyd, another nice set!
Mike, great set of shots! Excellent street shots, in particular #1, and love the misty landscapes:)

Last edited:

Global Nomad

Steve, Charles, and Lloyd .... thanks for the warm welcome!

Steve, your "year of the Dragon" series was great

Charles, love how you capture street life in the "land of smiles"

Lloyd, the joy on "Thor's" face is priceless and well captured

Mike Woods

Thank you all for your comments. Glad you liked the b&w misty landscapes - these are some of my favourites for quite a while.

A couple more:

Regards

Mike

dude163

pretty slow up here with the snowstorm over easter! plus recovering from surgery is always a h00t

a pal of mine who hates Leicas in a coffee shop ( funnily enough every time I see him he cant keep his hands off the camera :p)

and his roadbike in the back of his minivan

Status
Not open for further replies.