The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymc226

Just got my Noctilux 0.95 last week shot this action shot wide open with a ND filter. Focusing is not so easy as you can see.

ShiroKuro

Mike ,Joe ,Shtarka1,CharlesK,Lloyd.....thanks
I saw this girl in red hanging out with her friends at this giant Tori . Initially there was no shot to be made . I watched her for a bit to see if something interesting would present itself and much to my surprise she turned away from her friends and started walking back alone .... I could not believe it ..... I got ahead of her and made this one frame ... had a great time :)

Mike your landscapes are outstanding ,as is your Black and white street photography .

Lloyd the farmers daughter images are great ,love the one where she his holding the bolt cutters ... seems like the family is well versed in the use of various tools especially Thor with his hammer !

Shtarka1 , I enjoy your street photography and the way you see when you are shooting ...

Ceh , The images of the skiing and mountains are beautiful . I never have seen anything like that in person but your images are the next best thing to being there .

Robert , The last image of the girl in purple is wonderful .. love the mood

Patrick , great photographs as usual .. there is always a lightness to them ....

Charles K , your monk portraits are incredible .... I especially like the first image in this last set you posted above .........

anyway all around great images from everyone , thanks for posting .

PatrickCheung

ShiroKuro, I always enjoy seeing the things you post :p

The past few days have been pretty amazing for me. First off, classes are over so our days are much more relaxed... all we need to do is work on projects, but we have entire days to do that. I seem to have got Hillary into this whole photography/rangefinder business for good as she purchased an Epson R-D1S and a 40/1.4 Nokton for herself earlier in the week. We went out for a... "healthy" breakfast (fish n chips and smoked meat sandwiches are healthy right?) and she got a call from her roommate saying there was a package waiting for her. Lo and behold, it was the R-D1! She hasn't put the thing down since she got it.

I just woke up about an hour ago. There is a student housing complex designed and built by a few of our masters students (we ARE an architecture school after all) in our city. Sadly, it was too expensive to remain student owned and run, so it's being bought out next year. Since our term is coming to an end in the next week, they threw one last party at the complex. I don't normally go to parties (sticking to smaller get-togethers with friends I trust my inebriated self with), mostly because I have more fun at the "pre-drinks" my friends hold prior to parties, but I was glad I went. Hillary doesn't normally go to parties either, she says she's not good around lots of people. It's been nice seeing her come out to hang with my friends in the past few weeks... she's sort of joined our little "family" now (one of our friends likes to think we're like a family).

Anyway :p I guess my point is that I'm glad I have Hillary in my life. I feel like I make a difference in her life, and she makes a difference in mine. I help her gain confidence and self esteem, she motivates me to work harder to get what I want to achieve. I'm glad I have a partner that I can do everything with. Someone I can cook with, take walks with, explore the city with, and of course, someone who I can go to parties and lose myself with.

Prior to the party, we went out for a walk... snapped a few photos of each other as usual.

She kinda looks like a photojournalist... doesn't she?

And I think this one's my favourite out of all of them. I really hate sunny days. The harsh sun gets too hot and it's much too direct for nice natural lighting. But I love seeing her smile like this.

ShiroKuro

ShiroKuro, I always enjoy seeing the things you post :p

The past few days have been pretty amazing for me. First off, classes are over so our days are much more relaxed... all we need to do is work on projects, but we have entire days to do that. I seem to have got Hillary into this whole photography/rangefinder business for good as she purchased an Epson R-D1S and a 40/1.4 Nokton for herself earlier in the week. We went out for a... "healthy" breakfast (fish n chips and smoked meat sandwiches are healthy right?) and she got a call from her roommate saying there was a package waiting for her. Lo and behold, it was the R-D1! She hasn't put the thing down since she got it.

I just woke up about an hour ago. There is a student housing complex designed and built by a few of our masters students (we ARE an architecture school after all) in our city. Sadly, it was too expensive to remain student owned and run, so it's being bought out next year. Since our term is coming to an end in the next week, they threw one last party at the complex. I don't normally go to parties (sticking to smaller get-togethers with friends I trust my inebriated self with), mostly because I have more fun at the "pre-drinks" my friends hold prior to parties, but I was glad I went. Hillary doesn't normally go to parties either, she says she's not good around lots of people. It's been nice seeing her come out to hang with my friends in the past few weeks... she's sort of joined our little "family" now (one of our friends likes to think we're like a family).

Anyway :p I guess my point is that I'm glad I have Hillary in my life. I feel like I make a difference in her life, and she makes a difference in mine. I help her gain confidence and self esteem, she motivates me to work harder to get what I want to achieve. I'm glad I have a partner that I can do everything with. Someone I can cook with, take walks with, explore the city with, and of course, someone who I can go to parties and lose myself with.

Prior to the party, we went out for a walk... snapped a few photos of each other as usual.

She kinda looks like a photojournalist... doesn't she?

And I think this one's my favourite out of all of them. I really hate sunny days. The harsh sun gets too hot and it's much too direct for nice natural lighting. But I love seeing her smile like this.

Excellent post Patrick .... Had to laugh about the RD1 Hillary just got ,with the tables now turned will we be seeing a "bit"more of you :) as you become her photographic muse ? Congrats on the RD1 Hillary ,post some images . My wife can grab my M8 and pull off some great shots and she claims she has no idea how to use it .Much of what you wrote above reflects some of the same sentiments I have toward my girl ......
Charles

Lloyd

Great post Patrick, and equally good images :thumbs:

Best to you both.

Mike
Simply fantastic images, Patric. Well worth the journey, and good to see your lady with a rangefinder in hand!
Excellent post Patrick .... Had to laugh about the RD1 Hillary just got ,with the tables now turned will we be seeing a "bit"more of you :) as you become her photographic muse ? Congrats on the RD1 Hillary ,post some images . My wife can grab my M8 and pull off some great shots and she claims she has no idea how to use it .Much of what you wrote above reflects some of the same sentiments I have toward my girl ......
Charles
She looks fantastic Patrick . . . and what a great post :salute::toocool::clap:
I like the natural geniuine smile :)

Well done Patrick
Let me pile on here. Very nice Patrick! And she does have a great smile. Congrats to Hillary on the "new" camera. Looking forward to her posting some (just no topless shots of you, ok? :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.