The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesK

Steve, thank you very much! Great shot of the drummer in action:)
Charles, beautifully rendered B&W shots! I really like the portrait shot:)
Ashwin, really looking forward to your shots with 0.95!!!
Hillary, very nice captures. The last shot is my fav:)
Patrick, really nice series. Love the PP'ing to last series of shots! I must admit there is an intangible depth to the B&W shots with the M8 as compared to the M9:)

sjg284

steve, robert, charles, ashwin, shiro, patrick - thanks! japan was great.. really need to get back there asap.

charles - wonderful as always.. your photos of southeast asia are influencing my future travel plans!
steve - great as always, tremendous character coming through the screen
shiro - great stuff, and seems we shoot the same combo
ashwin - great stuff. making me bokehjealous
chism - great portrait!
hillary - great portrait set.. heres my picks
patrick - i like this pair best, well done
patrick - great photoreportage series, fave of the bunch

sjg284

As I was in Tokyo during a fair bit of rain.. I saw a trend.
Umbrellas.
Tokyo residents take their umbrellas seriously. From the umbrella stands&locks outside buildings, to the quality and color of their umbrellas.. amazing.
NYC its all black, or some corporate branded giveaway crud. Not to mention the "single use only" $4 specials sold on the sidewalk everytime it starts to rain...

In any case..

GXR A12 M + 25/2.8 ZM

M8 & 50lux v2

PatrickCheung

Thanks Charles! I put quite a bit of time PPing the last few... those were my gems of the day! I personally am not too big a fan of the M9 sensor... it's a little... TOO perfect for my tastes.

Steve, it's kinda cool how you noticed that trend in umbrellas... and I love how you shot it after noticing! My favourite shot has to be of the plaid umbrellas!

dude163

I like the 4th umbrella and the yellow one with the blossoms on it below it

here are some test shots , ELmarit 135 and ISO 2500 on moving targets!

and one not so moving

hillary.hc.chang

Thanks Charles :) I like the last one too.. black and white was a good choice xD
Steve: thanks :) the umbrella series is interesting.. my favourites are the clear plastic umbrella shot and the blue polka-dotted one :)

photos from downtown...

PatrickCheung

Oh rob... shooting moving objects is difficult enough with a wide angle... how do you do it with a Tele! And yeah, I agree... the R-D1 and CV 40/1.4 puts out some nice colour...

Hosermage

I do try to be safe when I drive... but here's one from yesterday... I just thought it's interesting how the rain drops gave the bokeh a different look.

PatrickCheung

I spent a looong time trying to get birds in flight two days ago... lucky you, scott!

The second one is my favourite :) Woodbine beach, am I right?

SYGTAFOTO

Patrick,

Yes, it is woodbine beach. Good eyes! Weather was too perfect last weekend.
Second pic was shot without looking through the viewfinder.. just shot it while trying to point at the bird at the same time as it was flying quite close to me (I imagine less than 2m). I was lucky to catch it in the corner of the frame.

m_driscoll

Post #5351 (have to start somewhere) -
Steve: Great, gritty, character study!
Steve: Thank you, sir!
GMB: Really love the first one! Study in contrasts there (front to back).
Patrick: Always a reminiscent vicarious pleasure!
Shiro: Like Steve's: a brilliant character study.
Sig: Great lines and perspective in all of these compositions. The last is my favorite.
Robert: I like the preset (and your photos). I occasionally drift that way. Why not?
David: Distinct, effective, compositions.
Charles: Your portraits really draw me in. I want to know more about the people. DOF, nicely used.
Steve: WTF! Cool.
Shiro: Nice baseball set. The last one captures a really expressive moment.
David: Can't fault his 'funny face'.
Bob: Gotta love Santa Monica!
Rayyan: I always enjoy interpreting, viewing, and wondering over your photos and 'narratives'. BTW: couldn't get it all on a bike.
Jeff: Nice photographed bits and pieces.
Robert: Great color and composition!
Ashwin: Making it hard to resist the impulse buy. They're just sitting there in the display case.
Ashwin: Montevideo?
Ashwin: Las Vegas?
Chris: Both great portraits! In the last week, I've shot about 500 cat photos.
Charles: I like your Nocti shots!
Patrick: I esp. like the softness of the first one. BTW: you can never have too many 50mm lenses. Or, 35mm lenses, but, there aren't as many of them.
Shiro: The 3rd one for me. Layering's very distinct.
ced: Great color and compositions; esp. the 2nd one.
Ashwin: LOL
Ashwin: I'll loan you my Hawk's adapter. I'll bring it with me tomorrow night.
Shiro: Not too shabby with the M8.2. Stellar IQ and pp.
Steve: Brilliant comp and pp!
Hillary: Excellent photos! (why is Hillary the only woman posting here?)
Patrick: Also, excellent. I esp. like the pp/tone of these photos!
Patrick: I agree with Charles's comments re: the B & W and the M8. Shouldn't have sold mine; but , they'll be dirt cheap when the B&W M is announced in a couple of weeks.
Sig: Cool umbrella series. They're rarely seen in Seattle. My wife has one (but, then she's from Alaska).
Robert: Interesting test. The 135's probably not a BIF lens?
Hillary: Beautiful compostions!
David: It is a nice effect.
Scott: Just after, I tell Robert his 135 isn't a BIF lens, you post these! Interesting to know the shutter speed and aperture in the first two?
- Post #5472 (have to end somewhere)

Lloyd

Patrick: I agree with Charles's comments re: the B & W and the M8. Shouldn't have sold mine; but , they'll be dirt cheap when the B&W M is announced in a couple of weeks.
Sig: Cool umbrella series. They're rarely seen in Seattle. My wife has one (but, then she's from Alaska).
Robert: Interesting test. The 135's probably not a BIF lens?
Hillary: Beautiful compostions!
David: It is a nice effect.
Scott: Just after, I tell Robert his 135 isn't a BIF lens, you post these! Interesting to know the shutter speed and aperture in the first two?
- Post #5472 (have to end somewhere)
+1 to all of the above. :clap::clap::clap:

Lloyd

I headed into the hills for a short hike last evening. (I can't run just now thanks to a very sore knee.)

Heading into the hills:

M8, 35 Cron

On the way home:

3-shot pano; M8, 35 Cron

rayyan

I headed into the hills for a short hike last evening. (I can't run just now thanks to a very sore knee.)

Heading into the hills:

M8, 35 Cron

On the way home:

3-shot pano; M8, 35 Cron
You can RUN!!!?? :D

Lovely, place to be hiking Lloyd. And you get some excellent pics too!!:thumbs:

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.