The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Nice portrait Robert.

BTW, Leica could have saved a lot of R&D time... just tell everyone it's monochrome, leave the monochrome setting permanently on, include Silver Efex Pro 2 with the camera, and when the color DNG appears, simply include instructions to convert it in SFX Pro to monochrome taste. Wait. Maybe that's what they did. ;)

m_driscoll

Nice portrait Robert.

BTW, Leica could have saved a lot of R&D time... just tell everyone it's monochrome, leave the monochrome setting permanently on, include Silver Efex Pro 2 with the camera, and when the color DNG appears, simply include instructions to convert it in SFX Pro to monochrome taste. Wait. Maybe that's what they did. ;)
:ROTFL:

PatrickCheung

Woody! Those photos with the nocti, especially the birches... very nice!

Rob, great black and white portrait, very nice tones! That Monochrom M9-P still isn't worth it in my eyes though.

David! That second photo, the one of your son, that one is amazing! Keep up the good work!

On Monochrom and Black and White... The only reason why I edit in monochrome now is because I'm slightly colour blind... though, it's made me appreciate black and white much more. Colour photos are just too much for my eyes to handle! Hillary always teases me about this :)

Also... turns out I MIGHT NOT have internet in Hong Kong... huh. Well.. Have a great month, guys, just in case!

As my last post, I'd like to present... stranger number 8!

Ernesto is a jeweler from Peru. He makes jewelry mostly out of recycled wood and wire. He says his stuff is all 100% recycled, and gathers his materials from all around Toronto. Inside his store, he has a small work bench complete with a buffing wheel and a scroll saw right by the store window. Underneath the shelves, he hides all his discarded tables, chairs, and wooden objects, which he makes his jewelry out of! He displays some of his work in very ornate and detailed wooden frames, which he said his brother made for him. His brother went to school for carpentry. I bought myself a ring and necklace from him. The ring is made from a piece of hard wood, stained black, engraved, polished smooth and filled with a resin. The necklace is made of an abalone shell. He said his work is "inspired by the universe", as he posed for the photo!

Ernesto was an extremely nice man. He looked at my bag, asked me to see it. He examines it, and says "Ah! That's how they do it!" He then tells me he's trying to make a bunch of leather bags to sell, but couldn't find out how to attach the shoulder strap without weakening the body. "You teach me, I teach you!" He tells me the process he used to make the ring I bought. As I went inside his store to check out his other work, he grabs a big empty jam jar, now filled with mashed potatoes and a chicken thigh. "Kings eat this," he says. A small child in blue, about 8 years old, waves at him through a window. "Hello!" he says enthusiastically, "He's my friend," he tells me.

The scroll saw in his workshop...

ANDDD a contact juggler! Contact jugglers are so cool! Here's a video of one in Japan... the one in Toronto looks very similar...

Lloyd

Nice pix, and a great story, Patrick. Have a great trip to HK. Hopefully you'll find a hotspot somewhere.

dude163

That M9M has me in a B+W mood , just to see if I can save 8 grand by using my M8 and old lenses :)

48 yr old cron and M8 , my youngest is now 5!

BishopB

A nice casual breakfast with my wife and a drink of Dragon's Brew (Mocha) for her. The barista was amazing and when asked about this dragon he simply said "I am here 40 hours a week...I have a lot of time to practice." Enjoy your weekend!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
OK. Enough with the razor sharp black and white. Instead, how about 10 stop filter on a Carousel! As my first photography teacher would say: "I guess everybody has to go through this stage."
M9 28 Cron

Best,

Matt

dude163

Matt that second shot is cool, looks like the poor horse is in a Dr Who time vortex , or approaching lightspeed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.