The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

#5650>
Lloyd: Happy, very belated, birthday!
Mike: Nicely grouped with the interesting photographer on the right; he needs to turn his hat to keep it from hitting his camera? :) What's he laughing about?
Shiro: Cool and cute!
Mike: Great framing, moment, and her look!
Mike: It looks like they caught the hound's eye, too.
Robert: Thank you, sir. :D
Frank: Terrific color and compositions! I really like the tone and framing in the 2nd one.
Steve: Thank you! :D
Robert: Nice set! Cool flare and lens.
Rayyan: Excellent timing and motion blur!
Shiro: Hiroshima, tennies, empty clothesline and a clock. Well seen.
Patrick: You write and photograph very well. Thanks for sharing. :salute:
Mike: Did you place that bottle with the orange cap? :grin:
Shiro: Thanks for the link! Brilliant photos.
Robert: "Cool and cute", also!
Hillary: I esp. like the one of your mother - caught buying chocolate?
David: Neat perspective and shadows.
Ashwin: Stunning, your own self.
Mike: I have yet to see an 'orb'.
Mike: Now that's just weird; glad you caught them before they took another step.
Lloyd: Very subtle and elegant.
Gary: Sensual rock!
Dan: The first is still my favorite.
Lloyd: Beautiful light and sky. Have a swift recovery.
Mike: I think you saw B & W in the Ist one.
Andrew: Those are brilliant! I love the long single point perspectives with the 28 cron (one of my favorite lenses).
Gary: Nice. Is this the area with the dinosaur bones?
Patrick: That's a great set.
Brian: +1 to what Lloyd said.
<#5711
Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

otumay

Great pics as usual! Some mouth-watering, some over-whelming...
Always takes courage to post in this thread. I'll chip in with a recent take from the Chora Museum, Istanbul. M8 with 21mm Super-Elmar-M.
Best,
Osman

rayyan

Great pics as usual! Some mouth-watering, some over-whelming...
Always takes courage to post in this thread. I'll chip in with a recent take from the Chora Museum, Istanbul. M8 with 21mm Super-Elmar-M.
Best,
Osman

Excellent capture.:thumbs:

PatrickCheung

Richard... those photos deserve to win awards.. the first one has to be my favourite, great catch! I see so many characters on a daily basis, but I'm always afraid to photograph them! And the girl in the last one is a cutie XD

Matt, I really like the first one of the set! And thank you for the compliment :)

David, amazing photo of your child as always :) Reminds me of the days my dad would buy me a bottle of bubble fluid and I'd make myself a pipe-cleaner bubble blower :p

Long day today... though it was a good one. Wasn't too hot in Hong Kong today (I'm only slightly sticky... and I could actually breathe the outside air), so I was okay with spending most of it outside. I'm in the middle of processing the photos now :)

Hosermage

Thanks, Mike! I get the feeling that in a CSI episode, they would somehow be able to reconstruct a picture of me from one of those bubbles :D

Andrew Gough

Lloyd, thank you for the positive compliments and also the information on the 75mm Voigt, I will keep an eye out for one :D

Ashwin, thank you for the like, and the positive comments too!

Robert, I really like the second image!

Patrick, August will come quickly, you watch :)

Richard, congratulations on the merit award, your images are superb! Good on you for venturing out into the crowd too.

Matt, the Pikes place market is a place that I used to visit on business trips to Seattle, a great place, with lots of photo ops! I really like the lower floor image. Nice to see the 21mm getting a workout too!

David, cute image that captures one of the great things in childhood, well done!

Osman, please post more of your great country, I am hoping to visit soon. Love the colours :)

Rayyan, thanks for the reply, I love my 28mm cron too.

Gary, cool pano, I haven't attempted any with the M9 yet, but after seeing your image I think that I will. Super image!

dude163

Andrew, they are fantastic! one thing that jumps out is the stadium in the background of the 3rd last shot.

It looks like something from a Sci-Fi movie, so clear and crisp! well done!

dude163

Gah! spent too much time reading Monochrom reviews :)

I was at an auction on friday and next door they have an outdoor railway museum, so I popped out with the kids and took some snaps in the harsh sunlight , bad time to take shots? Not when i was looking for tones and shadows! heheh so I can safely say that I can get by with the older M8 instead of a Monochrom.......................................for now :p

PatrickCheung

David, have you ever seen the movie Blow Up? Your comment about the CSI people reconstructing an image of you reminds me of Blow Up... arguably the origin of the "enhance" movement XD ENHANCE!

Andrew, those photos are amazing :p I wish I could photograph Hong Kong like you do. Where are you staying right now? And how long? It'd be nice to have someone to photograph with if you're up for that :)

Rob, I've always thought that the M8 was a very capable camera :) deserves much more credit than people give it! You do fine work with the M8

I had an interesting day yesterday! I visited my grandpa's grave... thingy (on my mother's side). Chinese visitation traditions are very interesting. Due to the lack of space in Hong Kong, people rent/buy little shelves in funeral homes to store Urns. There's a name on the Urn, a photo of the person, and any gifts that people bring. My Grandpa had a can of Tsing Tao beer beside his urn. We offer them food (oranges and buns), burn incense, say prayers, and offer them paper money/clothes by burning them.

My aunt took us around yesterday. She's the coolest aunt, she knows exactly what I like in Hong Kong. "Don't waste your time going to the new places and eating new food, you really want to be in the old places eating Hong Kong food." The funeral home was located in a rather old district, really cool. We ate at a restaurant that's been there for over 40 years, with most of their original wall tiles intact.

The restaurant had a cat. I like cats :)

:p A flattering photo of my mother, yeah?

My aunt and my mother :)

And a butcher chopping up a duck!

And of course, I took other photos in various places...

Long exposures are always kind of fun

Jordan, really crowded and kinda sketchy according to my dad. "There are a lot of hookers here. And Triad members"

And I think my favourite photo of the day... if only mother didn't blink!

On a side note, the Zeiss 28 is an amazing chunk of glass!

ashwinrao1

Patrick, your skills and processing techniques grow by leaps and bounds every day. Bravo!

Robert, nice B&W series, different than your typical color

Matt, I feel like we were just there LOL

David. Nice bubbles.

Mike, love the shot of the homeless guy and the disregarding photographers...your usual brilliance.

Gary, nice badlands caps with the elmarit.

ashwinrao1

Okay, a few more from me...M9 and SLR Magic Hyperprime T0.95 on Leica M9....

Wide apertures sure are annoying LOL

A couple for Jono

Status
Not open for further replies.