The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardman

Patrick, I grew up in HK but that was a long time ago. I only went back briefly in 2007 and I hope to visit again soon.

One question - I have heard that people in HK is rather camera shy and move away from your view if they see you taking pictures. Is that the case?

Thanks. Nice work.

Mike Woods

Mike: Great catch, as always! Yesterday, at the Pike Place Market, Ashwin and I were discussing the fact that you have a great knack for finding humorous moments and juxtapositions.:thumb up:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
Thanks Matt :) As they say, the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about....

To give you some context, over the past 2 days I've spent approx 11 hours walking, standing, watching and waiting .... I'm looking forward to going back to work tomorrow for a rest :wtf:

A couple more from this weekend:

Regards

Mike

rayyan

WAY behind here. Nice to see the thread's activity picking up again.

One quick one, a five-shot pano from my front porch. I think the mountain looks a bit over sharpened. Sorry.

M8, 90 Elmarit:
Wonderful scenes Lloyd. But shouldn't you be resting?:D

Best to the both of you.

I went out with my aunt and uncle today...Central is full of foreign businessmen looking to do business with Hong Kong businessmen!...because if you wait for them to come to you (as you normally do in chinese restaurants)...Each of them had a D3s/D4 with big, expensive glass mounted. 70-200/2.8 AF-S VRII, 85/1.4G, 24-70/2.8......Kinda sucks.
Patrick, Seems like you're not enjoying HK, it's almost 80% rural here and a bit of homework would have led you to some real nice scenery, old temples that survived the cultural revolution in China, many opportunities for street shots, if that's your bag. I think you don't have an open mind about HK, for example "as you normally do in Chinese restaurants", there are many restaurants like that in HK and China, it seems pretty normal if you live here, are you comparing to "American" restaurants?

Just saying, so you can enjoy it here more.

rayyan

Not far from here lies a very big city. We are in the Rif mountains. Berber country, Morocco.

A young man of 21 years, from the Berber Tribe, would leave his home and go on a journey.

His journey would last 30 years. When he would return, his father, mother, most of his family and friends would have been dead. The Black Plague was sweeping these parts from Europe.

The year is 1325. The young man would dictate his journey in a travel memoir, which would be more famously and erroneously known as the ' Rihla ' or the ' Journey'.

This man would have travelled 120,000 kms..on foot, on mules, camels and horses. He would have travelled to the furthest corners of China.
His journey would be unmatched till the advent of the steam engine.

The young man came from Tangiers or Tanja, as I know it. He would be known in the west as Ibn Batutta. The traveller.

p.s Those who have visited Dubai would have surely visited the Ibn Batutta Mall. The largest shopping arcade in the world. Named in honor of the traveller from Morocco.

Andrew Gough

Wow this thread is moving right along with lots of great images!

Matt, love B&W of the man on the swing. The hyperprime sure has some funky bokeh! I'm liking it.

Hillary, the industar looks great, lets see more!

Alejandro, I like number 1!

ajay, did you walk out of the store with the 50mm Noct? I am digging the smooth bokeh! I like the snake river too!

Rayyan, nice image, may I ask were you were?

Patrick, I live in Canada, but I frequently spend limited time in various cities in Asia. mostly Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Beijing. I will PM you the next time that I am travelling to Hong Kong. The restaurant looks awesome, totally my kind of place.

Shiro, good on you for doing that for the kids and their parents. Sometimes as photographers we forget the positive impact that we can have!

Lloyd, nice view from the front porch! Must be sweet to watch the sunrise there every day. Nice Pano,

Gary, again the 90'cron looks even better slightly larger. Super image, with tons of depth and colour. Nice to see it not over done as well.

I'm guessing that the snake was dead?

Thank you to everyone for the kind comments.

Andrew

PatrickCheung

WHY DOES THIS THREAD PROGRESS SO FAST!? D:

Charles, I've been thinking about getting a few of my photos printed, carrying them around, and handing them out to the people I've met if I ever run into them again :p Great angle and framing in that shot!

Lloyd, you just keep pushing out one great landscape after another!

Mike, "The Entertainer" really put a smile on my face :p Great catch! And I like the photo of the man getting his bike!

Rayyan, a great story to go with the photo :)

Andrew! I'm in Canada too, I'm just in hong kong for the next little while!

ShiroKuro

Well, I have to blow my horn a little bit more. This image just won the 2nd place in Soho Gallery (NYC)'s National Competition!

Woohooooo!!!

Soho Gallery, 2nd Place Winner, National Competition » Richard Man Photography

Well deserved .... congratulations !!!!
I read about them turning on Photographers .. it never would of occurred to me not to take photographs as that is why I would be at such an event ... How will this change your approach if at all other than just being careful ? As I read it they have an actual mandate to single out photographers and punish them . It will Be interesting to see the images coming out of the Chicago protest .....

Status
Not open for further replies.