The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude163

re: Processing, it depends on the lenses Im using, my main hobby is using vintage lenses on modern digibodies so some require a bit of contrast added , or in the case of my 1958 Elmar a LOT of contrast and some blacks ( using Lightroom 3) normally to counteract flare and haze

When I use my Cron 50 from 1964 I normally adjust the white balance and add a little contrast , then see how it looks, if I like it, I leave it alone :)

Hosermage

My first attempt at a BW landscape... Not sure what one should look for when applying PP, but I ended up liking this. However, I feel maybe the shaded area of the mountain seems too dark to be realistic?

dude163

Im a sucker for the out of focus highlights ( bokeh?) shots on my SLRs , its hard to replicate with a rangefinder, but here is one that worked out , too abstract for the Leica gang?

And my 2 daughters and their cousin copying a hip hop dancer at the same outdoor market , once again my youngest is airborne! The cool part was my eldest gal was lit up by reflected light from cars in the parking lot :)

Lloyd

David: I think the landscape works. The dark areas seem to be shadows of clouds.

Robert: Love that bokeh in the first one. Cute shot of the girls. Does your youngest every come down to earth? ;)

PatrickCheung

Mohammed, keep posting those shots from that festival :p Each of them are great! I think my favorites of that set are the first and last... so much action!

David, I don't find much wrong with the way you PP'd that landscape :) it's a beautiful shot!

Rob, out of focus highlights are always fun to play with! I don't think I could ever be satisfied with a photo lacking that bokeh!

m_driscoll

More Pike Place Market. I don't get out much. :D

M9; 21mm f/3.4; 1/30s; ISO 250

M9; 21mm f/3.4; 1/250s; ISO 250

M9; 21mm f/3.4; 1/250s; ISO 250

M9; 21mm f/3.4; 1/180s; +2/3 EV; ISO 1000

M9; 21mm f/3.4; 1/180s; +2/3 EV; ISO 1000

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

Godfrey

Love the girls doing the hip-hop. That's very cute.

Well, I'm off to SoCal for a couple of days; a wedding to attend. I'm traveling by car (Die Gelbe Gefahr) and light ... just the M9 with Skopar 35/2.5 and Nokton 50/1.5 in the bag. I have a fully charged spare battery and a spare, empty 16 G card. Let's see what I find to shoot, if anything.

downstairs

Peter, The jug and dishcloth was done with a 5ft.sq. tungsten softbox, a Mole&Richardson leftover from the 1962 Cleopatra production.

PatrickCheung

I went out all day yesterday with a friend of mine who's also in Hong Kong. I don't often hang out with him, we're two very different people, though we get along well. He's into photography (though, a different kind), we used to learn together and shoot together, we eventually ended up working weddings together as well. Here's his stuff, if any of you are interested!

Flickr: jeremYAY's Photostream

We wandered around Mong Kok and Sham Shui Po, I guess you can consider those the slightly sketchier parts of Hong Kong (especially Sham Shui Po). We were looking for people to shoot :p. We eventually ended up in Wan Chai, he said he saw a few bars there he wanted to go to. We somehow ended up in the red light district, which... is more or less expected when hanging out with him. A few brothels/strip clubs had a selection of hookers and strippers sitting outside the clubs. A few of them tried to fish us in, and old lady grabbed my arm, pushed me towards the girls, and told me to relax and buy a drink. A few drunk tourists (two european males) were hitting on the hookers infront of one brothel, telling them that they'll be the best they've ever had and that they should get some for free. We checked his phone for directions at this point, and found out that we'd never find the bar he wanted to go to at this point... so we settled for the least sketchy looking bar around. After our drinks, we wandered off to a safer place, Causeway Bay (one of the main attractions of Hong Kong) and ate dinner there at one of those sushi restaurants where they serve food on conveyor belts.

It was definitely an interesting day, not something I'd normally do (not quite a red light district, or bar kinda guy).

None of my photos really reflect what we did yesterday... 'cause my camera ran out of batters before we hit the red light district.

The last photo... I saw that man walking down the street looking like he was extremely determined to get to wherever he needed to be. I snapped a photo of him... it looked like it belonged on a movie poster, or was a scene from a movie... so I cropped it 16:9 and gave it some cinema bars :p

Gary Clennan

One should always carry a spare battery when visiting a red light district! :) Battery life sure does suck though with the M8/M9. Especially in colder conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.