The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Wow. You go away for a couple of weeks and the place goes crazy! Hopelessly behind in commenting, but I just spent about 30 minutes going through everything that's been posted since I was last on... amazing, inspirational stuff as always. That's why I especially love this thread.

I've just returned from 11 days in Iceland. I have over 20 gigs of images to sort through. I wasn't able to work on them at all on the road as I didn't bring a computer. A friend with us let me pass them through her laptop to my portable drives, just to keep them safely backed up. I hope to post a few over the next couple of days, just lots of catching up to do around here right now.

Thanks again everyone for the inspiration. Keep 'em coming!!

mdwsta4

Spent Father's Day with a friend at LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art). Still testing out my new Summicron

Penetrabile, by Jesus Rafael Soto

Particularly liked the shape of the flare in this one

Mike Woods

Wow. You go away for a couple of weeks and the place goes crazy! Hopelessly behind in commenting, but I just spent about 30 minutes going through everything that's been posted since I was last on... amazing, inspirational stuff as always. That's why I especially love this thread.

I've just returned from 11 days in Iceland. I have over 20 gigs of images to sort through. I wasn't able to work on them at all on the road as I didn't bring a computer. A friend with us let me pass them through her laptop to my portable drives, just to keep them safely backed up. I hope to post a few over the next couple of days, just lots of catching up to do around here right now.

Thanks again everyone for the inspiration. Keep 'em coming!!
Welcome back Lloyd. Looking forward to the Iceland images - it's one of those places I'd love to visit, but looks like Venice later this year is at the top of the list currently.

Mike

Mike Woods

You might recognise the background - I've shot here before. One day it will all come together as I envisage. Until then.....:)

Mike

Lloyd

You are too clever, Mike. LOL!!

Thanks for the welcome back. I hope I get time to go through the photos soon. Things tend to pile up around here when I'm gone! And Iceland should most definitely be on your list! Venice is on mine as well.

Lloyd

One of the things I've enjoyed most about this Forum is getting to know likeminded people from around the world. Some here I now count as dear friends, even though most I have never met in person.

When I have the chance, I love to meet others from the forum in person. In every case so far, doing so been a very positive experience. The most recent time, on June 7th in Reykjavik, Iceland is a perfect example. Below is our own Stuart Richardson. (As many of you know, Stuart, in addition to being a very fine photographer, is a wealth of information on photography in general, and has probably forgotten more of the technical aspects of shooting, film, and especially printing, than most of us have ever known!)

Stuart has lived in Iceland for the past few years, and prior to our trip was kind enough to send us a number of suggestions on places to visit, etc. I can tell you that I think we followed every one of his suggestions, and were not disappointed!

The day we arrived, we met Stuart as his lab, Custom Photo Lab, and he took the time to show us around, and was even brave enough to join us for a lunch at a great place he suggested near the harbor. Great food, and a great visit. Very nice to get to know Stuart better. Thank you, Stuart!

BTW, Stuart even let me handle his Leica S2. I haven't washed my hands since! ;)

Last edited:

Mike Woods

One of the things I've enjoyed most about this Forum is getting to know likeminded people from around the world. Some here I now count as dear friends, even thought most I have never met in person.

When I have the chance, I love to meet others from the forum in person. In every case so far, doing so been a very positive experience. The most recent time, on June 7th in Reykjavik, Iceland is a perfect example. Below is our own Stuart Richardson. (As many of you know, Stuart, in addition to being a very fine photographer, is a wealth of information on photography in general, and has probably forgotten more of the technical aspects of shooting, film, and especially printing, than most of us have ever known!)

Stuart has lived in Iceland for the past few years, and prior to our trip was kind enough to send us a number of suggestions on places to visit, etc. I can tell you that I think we followed every one of his suggestions, and were not disappointed!

The day we arrived, we met Stuart as his lab, Custom Photo Lab, and he took the time to show us around, and was even brave enough to join us for a lunch at a great place he suggested near the harbor. Great food, and a great visit. Very nice to get to know Stuart better. Thank you, Stuart!

BTW, Stuart even let me handle his Leica S2. I haven't washed my hands since! ;)

Wow, he's much younger than I imagined :D

Mike

animefx

Great first post. Looking forward to more. And welcome to the forum!
Thank you so much Lloyd! I've been lurking on this forum for quite awhile and figured this would be as good of a time as any to make my first contribution. :)

Lots of great photos here

CharlesK

Mike, thank you very much:) Two very well captured shots!!!
Lloyd, great to have you back:) Look forward to your many great experiences! Excellent set above, and great portrait of Stuart... looks young, maybe the climate preserves the youth, in Reykjavik :D

dude163

here are some shots taken with a new lens to me . but it was made in 1950! a Serenar 85mm f2 made by Canon . Bought from Brian S here and its absolutely fantastic.

Apologies for the pics of my kids ( again! ) but being off work I cant afford a model , plus I think these are better looking anyways :)

rayyan

It is time for us to return home. But knowing Lloyd's sweet tooth...

It has been a tiring journey for me. The kids have essays to present to their
class when they return to the States.

I shall start planning for my next trip...with Ayesha.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.