The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Geysir Park, Western Iceland.

One of the hot springs, with the geyser, Strokkur, erupting in the background. Strokkur spouts every 8 or 9 minutes, and shoots hot water and steam about 100 feet in the air.

M8, CV 15/4.5 Superwide:

PatrickCheung

Ahh! I leave for a few days and this thread is already two pages longer! There is much too much to catch up on so I left a simple "like" on my favourites!

Though, a few posts did speak out to me!

Lloyd, looks like you had fun in iceland! It's been a place I've wanted to go to for years, it looks absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing those stories :)

Rob, in response to your PM, those serenar photos ARE beautiful... absolutely beautiful!

Summer is usually Analogue time for Patrick. I can afford to spend some time scanning film, so I'm more inclined to shoot it. I haven't touched my M8 for nearly two weeks now. I do miss it, but I'm having quite the blast with a few of my film cameras.

The Olympus XA never ceases to amaze me. I've always carried it in my bag as my backup camera... but I feel like it deserves much more than that. I got mine for $20, quite the steal.

I've also been shooting a Minolta Autocord lately. I just got my first roll back from the lab, and scanned it last night. A really disappointing roll. I shot it on a really sunny day, so I ended up with harsh and lost shadows, blown out highlights... funky colours... kinda sad :(

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing my film photos here :)

JimCollum

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing my film photos here :)
Excellent collection of work here.. keep it coming

you may want to post in the Analog section

for the film shots with a Leica M
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/analog-cameras/4052-how-about-more-more-fun-leica-m-film-54.html

for the rest of the film
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/analo...re-film-fun-something-other-than-leica-m.html

Those of us shooting film expect to see the work of others in these spots

jim

m_driscoll

#6187 >
downstairs: Beautiful still-life! The Leica's perfect for that.
gplatt: Nicely shot and processed portraits. Very serious expression. Cool lens.
Rayyan: Very expressive "simple elegant structures" and arrangements.
Steve: Well seen and captured! Great foreground and framing.
Hillary: I have a parallel rule in my office, and, I still use it. :D
Charles: Those are brilliant! She should be very pleased. The body position and framing in the first two work really well.
David: I'm not sure I'd trust myself to do it. Good job and nice set.
Rayyan: It looks strangely like a Bald Eagle? Which is the 'evil eye' in some parts of the world.
Rayyan: An Interior Decorator couldn't have hung those bags more artfully.
Rayyan: Do you know who's bust that is?
Lloyd: That's only a couple of gigs a day?? :D
mdwsta4: I especially like the first one.
Mike: He was in basement storage?
Mike: Juxtaposition, juxtaposition, juxtaposition... :salute:
Lloyd: Nice shots of Stuart, and, your gang!
animefx: Great capture! I like the way the water brings the eye to the subjects.
Robert: No apologies necessary for photos of your kids. It's very cool to see them. They're a reference point for your creative pp and and interesting lenses.
Rayyan: Thanks, as always, for sharing your journeys. That does look tasty.
Robert: The second one's my favorite.
Lloyd: Iceland! I'm really jealous. Spectacular. Say hi to your favorite subject. "Kewl" pano. :D
Jim: Good pp tone. Fort Ord?
Lloyd: Just what Ashwin said!
Ashwin: Great first posting from our epic trip to the Palouse (where it was probably colder then Iceland!). Superb 'greens'.
<#6237

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

rayyan

Located in the Eastfjords area of Iceland is the beautiful village of Seyðisfjörður. Situated at the end of a 17km-long fjord, and home to an art colony, Seyðisfjörður is a pretty sleepy place other than on Thursdays, when the ferry arrives from Norway. The only land access is via a spectacular drive over the mountain pass, Fjarðarheiði, a total drive of 28km from the town of Egilsstaðir.

BTW, on the side of the fjord, and above and to the left of Seyðisfjörður, I counted 40 waterfalls in the space of less than a mile.

This is an 8-shot pano, taken about 9km from the town, from the base of the Stafdalur ski station. (M8, 35 Cron)
Super duper!!:thumbs:

Lloyd

Hallgrímskirkja (The Church of Hallgrímur) Reykjavik, Iceland. Tallest building in the center of the city. You can ride the elevator to the top for a great view of Reykjavik. The statue in front is of Leif Ericksson.

M8, CV 15/4.5 Superwide:

Status
Not open for further replies.