The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosermage

Very nice set, David. You're putting that "wide" to good use. :thumbup:
Thank you, Lloyd :) I think I'm hooked... I've been walking around with the OM-D and a 12-50mm lens set at 12mm (24mm-equiv) lately to see if I can go wider :p Then, I saw the price of the 24'Lux and decided 35'Cron is wide enough :D What's a good 24/28 Zeiss or Voigtlander lens?

Taylor Sherman

Thank you, Lloyd :) I think I'm hooked... I've been walking around with the OM-D and a 12-50mm lens set at 12mm (24mm-equiv) lately to see if I can go wider :p Then, I saw the price of the 24'Lux and decided 35'Cron is wide enough :D What's a good 24/28 Zeiss or Voigtlander lens?
I've heard good things about the Biogon 25/2.8.

DwF

Happy 4th everyone!

It is blowing up out there this evening so I decided to settle in and keep my dog calm what with fireworks going off in all directions!

Making use of and old smoker! The second is from a drive through Squamish B.C. taken over the weekend This picture was from the base of the "Squamish Chief" -difficult to photograph from the road. I cropped in a bit to make the image work for me.

David

Lloyd

David (DwF): Very gentle feel to those shots. Love that grill especially.

Rayyan: Great stuff as always. Particularly like the bicycles.

Robert: Nice fireworks shots. Very kewl.

DwF

ced, thank you. I like the pub shots you posted and particularly your second one!

Robert - the red firework is very nicely captured!

Lloyd, Thank you for the comment, the grill is full of cool angles :)

Hosermage

Hey Rob, I think she's ready for the Olympics!

Gary, I like the last two especially. Incidentally, I just found out today that Turtles can be a reliable source for salmonella, and we have two pet turtles at home! The reflection of the sky is a beautiful background for the grass :)

Global Nomad

As much as I "tried" to simplify with 28,50,90 combo ... I really missed the cron 35. Was able to get another one just in time for a trip to KL.

Ever feel that everyone's watching you?

One of the best parts of traveling is all the fresh fruit:

Slightly different from the shopping aisle at my local grocery:

A little bit of respite amongst the hustle in the market:

Was unsure if the above is better in B&W:

DwF

As much as I "tried" to simplify with 28,50,90 combo ... I really missed the cron 35. Was able to get another one just in time for a trip to KL.

Was unsure if the above is better in B&W:
Global Nomad _ I like these images (love the 35 cron!) and it was interesting for me to see the B&W because I am working on that with my new M9 and coming from M8.

Since you ask and FWIW :) I think that if you can bring a bit more light to the male subject and also his jewelry in the display over his right shoulder you'd make a better case for this one. Exposure value on those is bit better in the color photo and his face is right where my eye went first.

David

Global Nomad

David,

Thanks for the input ... still working on my PP (especially with B&W) and the points you brought up would definitely enhance the photo. Always good to get others' perspectives ;-)

Thanks!

Alejandro

Since you ask and FWIW :) I think that if you can bring a bit more light to the male subject and also his jewelry in the display over his right shoulder you'd make a better case for this one. Exposure value on those is bit better in the color photo and his face is right where my eye went first.

David[/QUOTE]

Lloyd

Nice set (and I'm with you, I NEED that 35). I like the b/w, but agree that the man reading the newspaper needs a bit more light on his face. It appears he has more light in the color version. Just matching that would work.

Gary Clennan

Thanks Lloyd!

David - be careful handling turtles. My daughter caught samonella from holding a pet turtle at someone's home. Trust me - you do not want to see your kid go through that!

Status
Not open for further replies.