The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Charles! I have a few more to share in a bit...

David, congrats on the Zeiss 25...one of their best, along with the Sonnar!

Patrick and Hilary, enjoy Seattle. If you get this message, we should catch up

ashwinrao1

Life in Paris...(as seen through the eye on the M9)...More to share from my visit a couple of weeks back...I'm enjoying "revisiting" the city through the images...

CharlesK

Rayyan, Mohammad, thank you:)
Rayyan, very nice seascape composition!
Ashwin, great set again from Paris! What was the main lens you used on this trip?

rayyan

Life in Paris...(as seen through the eye on the M9)...More to share from my visit a couple of weeks back...I'm enjoying "revisiting" the city through the images...

Ashwin, another great set of images from Paris!!:thumbs:
Makes me want to go there..it is due!!:D

Wonderful captures.
Regards.

rayyan

Charles, Mohammed..thank you for the kind words.

Meknes, Morocco. The city walls.. outside and inside..

And something from the inside..

ashwinrao1

Rayyan, that first shot above is stunning...has an elemental quality about it.

Paris awaits you, by the way, my friend. I'd love to see images through your eyes!

sjg284

so much to keep up with, some of my recent faves!

ashwin - my faves from a great set
rayyan - one of my recent faves of your work
patrick - my fave from your sets this week, and happy belated bday to hillary!
bruno - great portrait, great texture, great tones.. thanks for sharing!
denny - great architectural perspective
dude - nice set, liked the contrast between landscape-y and portrait-y of these 2
matt - sorry to hear of your loss! great portrait :)
M8; 50mm f/1.4;1/180s; ISO 160
andrew - great moment captured

sjg284

Recent family outings..
24 hours, 3 shots, 3 lenses.. quite the opposite of my usual behavior

Yankee stadium
M8 & ZM25/2.8

Celebration
M8 & 35cron v2

Figs!
M8 & 50lux v2

Hosermage

First attemps with the 25 Biogon... ended up with not so wide angle shots anyway :p I did figured out the whole EXIF data problem with the "LensTagger" Lightroom plugin.

mAlKhamis

Ashwin, another beautiful set from Paris ! amazing stories, well done buddy !

rayyan, B&W shot ! outside and inside, is a killer ! well done !

Steve, denny, and David, really nice sets !

I just love this old man, he is one of my friend's father ! taken by M9 and 50 cron !

Me and my daughter ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

What! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Last edited:

PatrickCheung

Just got back from a weekend trip to Seattle... sorry for missing you, Ashwin! We left almost immediately after giving notice, and didn't have a connection all weekend :(

I've got a whole slew of photos to upload... so I suppose I'll upload them in different batches. Today's batch covers the first day in Seattle. We left Vancouver at about 8 in the morning, arrive in downtown Seattle at 11. It's pretty awesome that you can go stateside in 3 hours from Vancouver... it takes me 3 hours just to get to the next province over from Toronto. Anyway, we bought tickets for a 8pm showing of Rent at the 5th Ave. Theatre, checked into our hotel, and set out!

Hillary's dad took Hillary and I to the Space Needle via the monorail... although the ride was short, it was pretty awesome. Never been on a monorail before, and prior to this summer, never on a train that goes over buildings. The Space Needle isn't quite as tall as the CN Tower in Toronto, but I think it looks a little cooler. The view from the top was nice, really nice.

We spent about an hour up there looking at the city and playing with those interactive screens, then head back down to find Hillary's Dad. We ran into a golden robot man on the way to the cafe he was waiting at...

We went to the Dale Chihuly Glass Museum after... I experimented a little with long exposure and the colours in there. Very cool work though... I'm amazed he hand blew all those pieces!

This exhibit was my second favourite (didn't get a photo of my favourite)

It then became this...

We then went to the Cheesecake Factory (my first time) and overstuffed ourselves with delicious food, and Hillary and I went to see Rent... which was amazing.

I'll post a little more tomorrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.