The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Still learning my way around the forum. Here's my first attempt at uploading a photo. If anyone could advise what sizes and resolutions work best I would be extremely grateful.

Cheers,
Stephen

"Farmer, Hubei Province, China"
Terrific portrait, and I appreciate your explanation below. Welcome, and I'm looking forward to much more!

As for uploading, I've found 1024 on the long side, at a resolution of 72dpi works best for me.

Lloyd

So awesome to see you sharing here, Stephen!!!! Great images...Seen the smoking guy before on FB, but nice to see it here on "the thread"!

Here are a few revisits:
Glad you went to the trouble, Ashwin. Very nice. Love the color shot or the Taj Mahal as well. :thumbup:

Godfrey

Way too many super photos to comment on individually.
I think it's getting to be time to start putting together the GetDPI M Book.

(I'd include all of GetDPI but then the book would become too heavy to lift!) :)

Gary Clennan

Andrew - Excellent set! I love 'em all.

Ashwin - Yes, India is a great place to visit. Each time I go there, I see so many new things...

CharlesK

Patrick, I really enjoy your ongoing photo journal:)
Mohammad, brilliant series of portraits. I love the PP'ing too:)
Matt, love the B&W #3. Nice capture and framing:)
Andrew,great series from Shanghai! Love the first shot from the last set:)
Robert, beautiful portrait of your daughter, and love the shots of the vintage cars too:)
Stephen, brilliant portrait of the "Farmer".
Ashwin, excellent series of shots! The revisits get better!! The PP'ing and tonality is amazing:) The last set, is very nice and the portrait with the parrot is amazing!!
Woody, very nice shot with the Nocti 0.95:)

Back in Bangkok, then Taiwan for business. Shot from last night in the streets with over head fluoro lighting with the 50 Nocti f/1.0 @ f/1.0

m_driscoll

A few more from our January trip to India.

M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/4000s; ISO 640

M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/180s; ISO 640

M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/250s; ISO 640

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/1000s; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Fun set, Matt. Love the onions shot in particular. You have a way with markets! ;)
Lloyd: Thanks! :D
Andrew: I love the context and detail in your Shanghai images! The second one's my favorite. An empty lane with a canopy of wires and clothes overhead.
Stephen: Nice portrait; slightly 'blank' look.
Ashwin: Nice! Re-visiiting a few folders, myself to see what i missed the other ten times through. I like the last one with it's shadows.
Ashwin: Beautiful, skillfully done, image of the Taj. The ribbon of people add to, and, not detract from the view.
Ashwin: Handsome couple!
Andrew: Thanks! My wife had a conference and I tagged along. :D
Andrew: Love the bike and the woman's look in the last one!
Woody: Nicely seen. The colors and the DOF are great. What plant is it?
Ashwin: Great shots of a couple of the Market 'standard' characters. Love the guitar (the bird man's too weird for me; although it's a great photo).
Charles: Thanks! :D Nice portrait; and, I like the color and 'rendering' of that lens.

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

PatrickCheung

We've been having a lot of trouble with our internet lately :\ Can't seem to open up photo/video heavy pages without hour long waits. I can barely view this thread without an error message popping up!

Just wanted to say, great photos :) Sorry I can't personally extend my compliments.

I shall reply soon with photos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.