The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickCheung

Cool stuff, Matt! :) The last is my favourite!

Haven't been shooting too much lately... past week was kinda rough. It was a long weekend so we got Monday off, which we spent lying around the house :p Hillary and I had work on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I didn't get much time to take photos.

We went out on Thursday, met up with her childhood friend that she knew since the first grade for lunch. She was rather nice, a very kind, innocent girl. Apparently they used to look like twins... but now, not so much! We got into a small little argument after lunch... which kind of lasted through till Friday morning. I felt horrible, 'cause Hillary looked really sad the entire day, and I didn't mean to make her feel that way. It's a long story, but I was trying to help her, but kind of did it the wrong way, which upset her. I don't think I ever want to see her that sad again. It got me feeling a little insecure the next morning, so we had a small, intense fight after breakfast that re-affirmed our feelings for each other and kind of made us realize how much we mean to each other. In hindsight, the whole fiasco was a little silly... but it was due time for a fight (been 6 months without one!)

Anyway, we got called back to work on friday, so we made up and went to work as the awesome happy couple we normally are :p We were asked to help translate for a client who spoke fluent Mandarin, but slightly broken english. It's a nice feeling, knowing that you're working in a field you want to work in and making a difference in the firm you're working for, all at the ripe age of 19 :)

We left after the meeting concluded, and headed to the beach. Vancouver beaches are absolutely beautiful. All you see is ocean water and mountains :) We stayed at the beach for about 2 hours, then decided to take a walk around the coast of Vancouver. Our 2 hour long journey took us through a dog park, another beach, and... most interestingly of all, a nude beach.

The nude beach was an interesting experience... It's strange but kinda cool how comfortable some people are with their nudity. We had men sitting legs wide spread, women lying fully nude on the sand, and even groups of friends barbecuing in the nude (which... I feel is a bad idea). On a whim, Hillary and I decided to give it a whirl, just to see what it's like. I never thought I'd ever find myself naked in public... and I definitely never thought I'd enjoy it. It was an extremely liberating experience... and it was surprisingly comfy.

We lay there on the beach, in the nude, chatting away. Another nude man comes over and asks if he could join us. His name is... Alex, I believe? Either way, he began hitting on Hillary. "You have very nice eyes, Hillary. They blend very nicely with your hair." :p 'twas interesting.

Before the nude beach...

At the nude beach...

We headed home at around 5. Hillary's family has a membership at some fitness club, so we decided to make use of it. We swam for a bit, relaxed in the hot tub, suffocated in the sauna, and wrapped it all up with a bucket of the best yam fries I've ever had :)

We hung out in the kitchen with the rest of the family at home... when something rather unpleasant happened. Hillary put her face a little too close to the dog when she was playing with her, and the dog gave her a nasty bite on the lip. We drove her to the hospital to see if she needed any shots or special treatment, and luckily she didnt. :\ Sadly, Hillary did get a little shocked by the bite, which kind of sent her into an emotional downward spiral through the night. We didn't get much sleep through the night. She's much better today though :)

I guess the past two days have been kind of hectic for Hillary and I. Though, despite all the bad stuff that happened, I'm really thankful for them. The silly little fight we got into hurt, but it also gave us an opportunity to know each other better :) Plus... my Yashica T4 came in the mail on Thursday. Test shots up tomorrow. Though, they aren't the happiest of test shots... they were all taken during the day we fought.

sjg284

Really incredible stuff this week.. spanning the globe :)

dude - a great shot to revisit, thanks for sharing your find!
dude - sweet ride!
Hoser - lovely environmental shot
Matt - Liked this pp/crop best of the set, thanks for sharing!
Stephen - Really great portrait
Ash - my faves from the set, great pp as always.. textural!
Andrew - Loved the contrast/sharpness of these two, my faves of your recent sets
Charles - Fantastic portrait as always, you set the bar high!

Hosermage

Patrick, how did you respond when the man was hitting on your gf right in front of you? I hope Hillary gets better soon. Thanks for sharing your story... a relationship will only strengthen after little fights like this.

Woody, was that a holy apparition? :)

We went out to check out the Perseid meteor shower last night (this morning), while we saw quite a few nice shooting stars, I was unable to capture them with the camera. Perhaps a low-light video camera is better suited. But in my futile attempts, did capture this:

PatrickCheung

XD Very positively, david. Just had a little fun with it, decided to chat incessantly with him until we had to leave :) Hillary's gotten much much better since the bite! Thanks for the concern! And despite not being able to catch the meteors.. that's a beautiful shot!

sjg284

My wife is a part time fitness instructor on the side..
A little photo shoot in the park..

m8 & 50lux v2 @ sunset

and the sunset

dude163

David, the trick with capturing meteors i found out the hard way , is to just keep taking 20 second exposures :)

It rained all weekend , so no Meteorites for us :(

dude163

Patrick, that nude beach looks like it would hurt! all those rocks stuck in soft bits!

Luckily Im a natural redhead and so is my wife so nudity is out of the question due to spontaneous combustion :(

PatrickCheung

:) And she looks... fit... for the job, Steve!

Not digital M, but these are from my test roll with the Yashica T4 super... and one from Hillary's FED 4 + my Canon 35/2

The Yashica is a great camera... but the seller failed to mention that there are two dead ants in the waistlevel finder... >:C

Shot this roll on the day we had a fight...

Before we had a fight, back in '94...

Post fight... just woken up from a nap :p

And I met a cool guy at the doctors office the same day... took this photo with the FED

This is Devon.

I noticed his wonderfully colouful Beatles tattoo and went over to ask him about it. He said that he was a big fan of the Beatles, and so was his dad. When his father passed away, he got a tattoo paying homage to him (the Harley logo has his name and years on it), and a tattoo of the Yellow Submarine to go along with it. Really sweet :)

PatrickCheung

:p Rob, it was surprisingly comfortable! Rocks aren't as pokey as you'd think they'd be... but I did get rather unlucky and land my bum right on a pokey rock! Nude beaches aren't something I plan on going back to... but hey, maybe we'll feel spontaneous again someday!

ashwinrao1

Lovely shots, Patrick....you and Hillary seem to have that one-in-a lifetime chemistry, and that's special.

Steve, your wife is fit as a fiddle...impressive...

Matt, fantastic India caps! I love seeing the re-visits...

David, Exceptional pic of the night sky.

Garly, lovely shot of the kids and the rock...love the tones

Charles, your string of fab portraits rings true and hits home again...

CharlesK

Steve and Ashwin, many thanks:)
Matt, great set from Bangalore:)
Patrick, very nice captures! Really nice artful nude portrait.
David, beautiful night time shot!
Steve, love the sequence of captures of your wife!!
Gary, lovely captures! Particularly #2:)
Woody, working magic with the 50 Nocti 0.95.

Shots from Bangkok with the 50 Nocti f/1.0:)

dude163

Ok Im slowly trying to learn how to use flash, for 2 reasons
1: I dont have a f1.4 lens
2: Higher ISO on the M8 isnt too bad, just not its forte
2a : plus I have a nice flash I paid 30 bucks for :)

so without any further ado, some cron 50 shots using the flash and a homemade snoot

my niece and her tude

my 2nd cousin-in-laws wife ( close relation lol!)

and with her 11 yr old daughter

and a shot that came out absolutely fantastic

they just told my 5 yr old she could have some chocolate cake , can she be any more excited? lol, I called this shot " Joy" its a bit out of focus etc blah blah,but I like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.