The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosermage

Very nice colors, Lloyd... were they pretty much straight out of camera? I think there's no focus confirmation (peaking), so the only way is to focus using an enlarged view? Does it slow you down at all?

Lloyd

Yes, mostly. A couple were tweaked (the flowers were cropped, and the shot in the yard was corrected for exposure slightly.) No color correction or white balance (all Auto) at all. I'm really impressed with the skin tones.

Oh yes, the black & white in Costco was done in post.

As for focusing, the process is as you describe, and I'm honestly not a big fan of EVF, but in practice I've found that it's really not too bad. I'm finding that sometimes I'm not bothering with the enlarged view, especially when the lens is stopped down. Harder to focus without the enlarged view with longer glass and wide apertures as the margin of error is so small, so I do always use the enlarged view in that case.

Last edited:

CharlesK

Robert, really like #3, thought captured in time!
Lloyd, very nice with the X Pro :D Love those Fuji colours:)

Shots from Bangkok, with the 50 Nocti f/1.0 at f/1.0

dude163

and the leica shot was : #3

I liked the rendering of the jupiter 8 and thought " this isnt too bad!" then the cron shots are so much sharper!

Lloyd

Charles: Thanks Charles, it's growing on me, for sure. Very lovely subject, wonderfully captured.

Steve: Smart dog! Great catch. That shot has a real timeless look; wonderful processing.

DavidE

Two New York shots just out of the oven (processed this afternoon).

Both were shot with the 24 Summilux.

Taylor Sherman

Nice Matt! We went to Mt. St. Helens last weekend - looks like you got slightly better weather up at Rainier. Of course you were also considerably closer than we were able to get :)

Status
Not open for further replies.