The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenPatterson

Stephen, that photo of your daughter is fantastic!
Thanks, but don't tell my wife. I'm whining about how I need an M Monochrom!

I should have mentioned that for this shot I used a three stop ND filter (ND0.9), along with the small Metz flash for fill, in order to shoot at f/0.95. When you shoot with ND filters it really messes up the EXIF aperture data on the Leica (goes from guessing poorly to guessing wildly).

chrism

More M9 + Nocti

That looks vaguely more complicated than a Telyt 560 on a Visoflex! Talking of which, here is the MM with a 15mm and with a 560mm:

and the results:

You can barely make out the cottage on the other side of the bay in the 15mm shot!

Chris

StephenPatterson

M9 + 21/3.4 Super Elmar-M

This is at a little power station called Xiang Shui Dong, near our home in Laifeng. The mountain water was very cold!!!

chrism

Stephen,
You obviously DO need a monochrom. And given that I am happy to be an enabler - carry on!

Chris

sjg284

Some shots from my first outing w/ Fuji X Pro 1.. all with Zeiss ZM 25/2.8 lens..

Blown away by the high ISO abilities of this thing.. and I haven't even tried fast glass yet. I'm taking photos in situations where I would have left the camera home otherwise...

Labor Day weekend in Manhattan = ghost town, we basically had a ~100 seat restaurant to ourselves for 3 hours. :)

ISO 3200 +0.5 push in LR

ISO 6400 +0.2 push in LR

And now B&W..
ISO 6400 +0.2 push in LR, plus Silver Efex 2

ISO 6400 +0.5 push in LR, plus Silver Efex 2

dude163

Ok time for a barrage :) I took a lot of shots while my brother and his family were in town from Ottawa , I skulked around the farewell dinner and used my Metz MZ40 on its 1 metre cord/lead along with my zone focused summicron 50 ( set for 1.5-3 metres at f5.6)

I dont normally like flash , but i a case of serendipity I discovered something I liked , the B+W portrait with the background totally dark . ( oh , the luck was I had the camera on DNG+ B/W JPG and the first shots looked cool with a portrait in space)

I wont spam the forum so Ill upload a few at a time.

here are the first few I liked

My mom photobombed me as i was setting up a shot, I saw she would so I set the lens at min focus distance to grab her, aged 69 and still a goof :)

My youngest brother in the kitchen after cooking the meal

My 5 yr old Nephew , yes I was on the floor holding the flash underneath us

My 8 yr old daughter watching someone play

My sister in law from Ottawa who is extremely camera shy " I never take good pictures!!" , but I managed to grab a flattering and demure shot of her, I hope she likes it , hope you all do too

Lots of B+W this week :) Monochroms , M9s and M8s , oh my!

Lloyd

A monochrome, but not from THE Monochrom. We've had some dramatic weather the last couple of days (though nothing like those in Isaac's path). Breaking storm.

X-Pro1, CV 15/4.5 Superwide:

ashwinrao1

all of this monochrom love is makin' me trip...gosh I want the camera, even have the credit card out, but seem to have gotten bumped down the lists at 2 different camera stores...sigh...oh well, my turn will come, and until then, kudos to the great shots I am seeing from both M9 and MM users (gosh, ChrisM, Chris Y, Woody, Matt, et all, great stuff, but seriously, the envy meter has gotta be off the charts at this time LOL)...

m_driscoll

As you can see, Aisling and Willow are always happy to pose for me! :LOL:

M-Monochrom; 75mm f/2.5; 1/180s; ISO 320

M-Monochrom; 75mm f/2.5; 1/350s; -1 EV; ISO 320

Cheers, Matt

Last edited:

dude163

And the 3 youngest kids of each family

All aged 5

Mine , going crosseyed for the shot,lol

Middle brothers kids sticking their tongues out

Youngest brothers son who was very tired , even though he insisted he wasnt :)

chrism

I don't have a 55mm orange filter, but I did hold up a different size in front of the Elmarit 24, then cropped out the resulting vignette (except for a bit of thumb bottom right). Just for curiosity.

and the same lens a few feet further back, no filter and uncropped

Not a massive difference, by any means.

Chris

iiiNelson

As you can see, Aisling and Willow are always happy to pose for me! :LOL:

M-Monochrom; 75mm f/2.5; 1/180s; ISO 320

Cheers, Matt
I'm definitely a "dog person" but these are great shots for sure.

Lloyd those are some great shots of some pretty ominous clouds.

m_driscoll

Paradise Meadow, Skyline Trail, Mt. Rainier National Park.

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/1000s; -1/3 EV; ISO 250

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/500s; -2/3 EV; ISO 250

M9; 90mm f/2.5; 1/350s; -1/3 EV; ISO 250

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/180s; -1/3 EV; ISO 250

M9; 90mm f/2.5; 1/350s; -1/3 EV; ISO 250

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.