The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowherean

Here is one I just took in Dhankar, Spiti - North Indian Himalayas. 28 cron, but by accident it was manually coded as 21mm.

I was practically shooting this photo blind as I had RF75 with 2 stop grad filter on my lens, so most of the viewfinder was blocked. One of the main reasons I would really welcome live view in M10. In addition the sun was blinding me from the left and I had to use my other hand to block the sun from reaching the lens and leaving lens flares. Sometimes the M system can be really challenging to work with in some instances, but it sure shines on the streets.

CharlesK

Cenek, great shot!! I now finally understand the context of your other superb abstract shot:D

Last edited:

Mike Woods

It's been a while since I posted (due to other toys!) but I still check in most days and enjoy all the great work posted here. This past weekend I couldnt resist any longer, and had to take the M9-P for a walk as autumn overtakes summer:

And one for you monochrome buffs, but not with the M-M!

Best wishes to you all.

Mike

Lloyd

It's been a while since I posted (due to other toys!) but I still check in most days and enjoy all the great work posted here. This past weekend I couldnt resist any longer, and had to take the M9-P for a walk as autumn overtakes summer:

And one for you monochrome buffs, but not with the M-M!

Best wishes to you all.

Mike
Great shots, Mike. That second one in particular. I've enjoyed your postings on the OMD thread, you've got talent that shines regardless of the hardware. :thumbup:

Lloyd

Here is one I just took in Dhankar, Spiti - North Indian Himalayas. 28 cron, but by accident it was manually coded as 21mm.

I was practically shooting this photo blind as I had RF75 with 2 stop grad filter on my lens, so most of the viewfinder was blocked. One of the main reasons I would really welcome live view in M10. In addition the sun was blinding me from the left and I had to use my other hand to block the sun from reaching the lens and leaving lens flares. Sometimes the M system can be really challenging to work with in some instances, but it sure shines on the streets.
Terrific shot, Arthur. Great work you've got on Flickr, thanks for including the link. :clap::clap::clap:

dude163

great shots gang, funnily enough 2 week of school and everyone is sick over here , lol

bbiab

PS When is Photokina?

dude163

ages L-R 38 41 47! Im the older one :( Pic taken by my wife

This shot came out really nice I thought, my little gal standing under a covered pedestrian bridge in the sunlight , maybe there is something to this B+W thing

and a B+W JPG pretty much straight out of the camera with a crop and slight contrast adjustment, maybe 10 seconds PP

Nite all

m_driscoll

Lloyd and Matt, cross post comments thank you:)
Shot from the other afternoon with M-M 24 Lux, and LR4:) I think this is where you need colour filters for foliage.

Charles: This one's great. I think it works with the light, tones, and detail in a really compelling way! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Another couple (this, and the one above) of very nice images, Charles. I'm following your posts with interest, as prior to seeing them, I was thinking that the Achilles Heel of the MM might be landscapes. Interesting to consider carrying around filters. I actually have a couple of stacks of them (two different sizes) which I've kept around from days of yore. Funny how the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Lloyd: My thought on the achilles heel, too. Charles, and some others, are showing that that's not the case! I think Ashwin has some filters with him? There must be some 'landscape' in NYC? :D

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Arthur: Great photo! Even more on your Flickr site! :thumbup:
Cheers, Matt

Lloyd

Lloyd: My thought on the achilles heel, too. Charles, and some others, are showing that that's not the case! I think Ashwin has some filters with him? There must be some 'landscape' in NYC? :D

Cheers, Matt
We'll try to find some! :salute:

m_driscoll

M-M with the 28 'cron' and the tiny Summarit 50mm f/2.5. 'Short range' landscapes. :D

M-M; 28mm f/2; 1/500s; -1/3 EV; ISO 320

M-M; 50mm f/2.5; 1/3000s; ISO 320

M-M; 50mm f/2.5; 1/2000s; ISO 320

Cheers, Matt

CharlesK

Matt and Lloyd, thank you for the kind words:)
Mike, love the mood of the second shot:)
Cenek, great strap!!
Robert, really like the B&W captures:)
Matt, very nice M-M set! Beautiful range of tones in all the shots:)

Status
Not open for further replies.