The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Matt: Nice. Looks like it's working. Meeting Ash in an hour, we'll see first hand. ;)

Charles: Yes, you've definitely got it working!

Lloyd

The crew from today. Left to right, our own Ashwin Rao, his SO, Jen, and our own Steve Gomes (sjg284).

Bryant Park, Mid-Town Manhattan. Ashwin and Jen are in town for a wedding, I'm here killing time while my wife is attending a conference, and Steve was kind enough to take the day off and be our guide/hang out with us... Uptown, Downtown, all around the town... we had a blast.

M8, 28 Cron:

Ashwin kept things, er, logical? M8, 90 Elmarit.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Matt Driscoll was nice enough (beyond nice, actually) to let Ashwin bring his M-Monochrom to New York, and I got a chance to take a few shots. Here's one with an older, uncoated 50 Cron.

sjg284

Had fun with some GetDPI members who were in town!

Lloyd - well captured
Charles - Amazing light
Mike - good to see you posting, love the fog & processing
ceh - great texture in your last few shots.. really liked this ome
nowherean - this is my fave of the week.. pops in my eye
esmallits - both great.. great post processing technique, and subject variety

sjg284

Lloyd, Ash & Jenn were in NYC so I joined them for a day of shooting and snacking

m8 & 50lux v2
color shots first tonight..

Shooting the shooters

and some results..

CharlesK

Lloyd and Steve, thank you:)
Lloyd, excellent variety of captures! Nice ones of Ashwin:) Beautiful tones with the M-M, and the X Pro 1, just really nice skin tones.
Steve, excellent set:)

Shot from Natural Bridge, in the rain forest gully M-M, 24 Lux at f/1.4 and 1250 ISO:)

Lloyd

Lloyd, Ash & Jenn were in NYC so I joined them for a day of shooting and snacking

m8 & 50lux v2
color shots first tonight..
Good stuff, Steve. Well, except maybe that first one. Good think the old guy was out of focus... that blur does me a world of good. Thanks for hanging/guiding us yesterday. That was a seriously good time. :salute:

ghoonk

Thanks, guys! I'm still new to the M but I really do enjoy photography a whole lot more. Thanks for the encouragement!

sjg284

And now my B&W from the earlier session...

just occurred to me there was a bit of a theme on these 3..

m8/50lux v2

Status
Not open for further replies.