The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

I'm just getting back to a decent internet connection and catching up on viewing this thread, but fantastic work David Young, Cenek, Georg, Mike Woods, Matt Driscoll, Ashwin, esmallits, Robert, rayyan, Charles and Jono...you guys set the bar high!!!

Here's a few from my short trip into Hunan Province last week. Most shots are in FengHuang, also called Phoenix Town, but the fisherman was shot at Fu Rong Zhen.

"FengHuang Footbridge"
M9-P + 21 Super Elmar-M. Single exposure processed in LR4

"Miao Girl"
M9-P + 90 Elmarit-M

Stephen, splendid!! Makes me want to get there right now.
Splendid shots indeed!:clap:

Best regards.

Mike Woods

ceh, Matt, thanks for your comments.

Matt - I'm keeping the 90 Elmarit-M 'cos I love it. The 75mm Summarit is going I'm afraid. Great lens, but just didn't use it very often. Sorry to hear your M4/3 is making way for more toys! New Noct?!

Charles - the wedding series is beautiful.

David - lovely sunrise series.

Stephen - fantastic images, all of them.

Mike

wstam

Wow, thanks for the many gorgeous photos shared here :thumbs:

Continue from my "the day with a M9":

Thanks for viewing.

StephenPatterson

Importing MM images into Nik makes for some fun and easy manipulation. Figured I'd present a few edits from Nik'ized versions of images:

Ashwin, this shot is simply amazing...you should have used it for your Steve Huff article.

BTW, great write up! You should name your first born child Matt.

Hosermage

Stephen, love the shots from the 90 Elmarit-M. I just received mine today... the body is somewhat worn but the glass is flawless. Took a few shots to test for focus and it really draws beautifully.

So this next batch of images: dead trees.

To leave on a not so gloomy note... hope springs:

StephenPatterson

Really nice work David, and I love the two tone blue/black of the first image.

I'm a big fan of the 90 Elmarit-M, and take it on all my trips. It always surprises me when I talk to a Leica owner who has one and never uses it. "Oh, it's too many lenses to travel with" is a phrase I've heard more than once.

Of course the good news is that if you want one of these fantastic lenses they're not too hard to find in new or like new condition (just a little shelf dust)!

I sent my 90 to Leica last year for 6-bit coding and general inspection. Not necessary, but nice for sorting in Lightroom. I do tend to shoot more at f/4 than wide open at f/2.8 when possible, as I have found a noticeable difference in sharpness and contrast between these two apertures, less so as you continue to stop down. Of course for portraits my wife prefers the softer look of shooting wide open.

Hosermage

Stephen, I ordered a 6-bit-ready mounting flange from ebay and will attempt to install it myself. I never shot anything over 50mm before, so it'll take some getting used to the much smaller framelines.

Matt, is the new M a hard decision to make? :D

wstam

Stephen, I ordered a 6-bit-ready mounting flange from ebay and will attempt to install it myself. I never shot anything over 50mm before, so it'll take some getting used to the much smaller framelines.

Matt, is the new M a hard decision to make? :D
David, may I know which one did you order? I am interested in the outcome. I too have the Elmarit-M 90mm. Don't have M9 yet. Should be soon :D So it's good to have it coded.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.